[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals - Steelers

Bengal Mania

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. While Brady and Manning can make the passes all day, Roth has that little extra with avoiding sacks.
Huh? Manning has 7 interceptions sacks for the year. Brady has 10. Roethlisberger has 23 prior today. Add to that another 4 so far today. I would say that Roth doesn't have that little extra in avoiding sacks as compared to Manning and Brady. Edited by cdrudge

Huh? Manning has 7 interceptions for the year. Brady has 10. Roethlisberger has 23 prior today. Add to that another 4 so far today. I would say that Roth doesn't have that little extra in avoiding sacks as compared to Manning and Brady.

Roethlisberger had 23 interceptions and 4 today ???

I'm assuming you meant sacks. Manning and Brady are better overall QB's than Roethlsiberger, but, I'm guessing that even they (Manning & Brady) would laugh at you if you told them they were more elusive than Roethlisberger.

Edited by Menudo

Roethlisberger had 23 interceptions and 4 today ???

I'm assuming you meant sacks.

Oops. Yes, I meant sacks, not interceptions. The numbers were correct though for sacks.

Manning and Brady are better overall QB's than Roethlsiberger, but, I'm guessing that even they (Manning & Brady) would laugh at you if you told them they were more elusive than Roethlisberger.
I'll give you that he can scramble more. But Brady and Manning I guess have the better ability to avoid the sack. For as much as Roethlisber's elusiveness might keep a drive going, how much does his 27 sacks hurt the Steelers?

My point was just to Waterman's comment that he has that something extra to avoid sacks, yet he has significantly more sacks then the two guys that don't have that extra scrambling ability.

Oops. Yes, I meant sacks, not interceptions. The numbers were correct though for sacks.

I'll give you that he can scramble more. But Brady and Manning I guess have the better ability to avoid the sack. For as much as Roethlisber's elusiveness might keep a drive going, how much does his 27 sacks hurt the Steelers?

My point was just to Waterman's comment that he has that something extra to avoid sacks, yet he has significantly more sacks then the two guys that don't have that extra scrambling ability.

Fair enough. Part of it is that his O-line, though better, is still not great, and was simply AWFUL last year. He does have the habit of holding onto the ball too long, because he seems to think he can break out of anything. You take the good with the bad.....he'll take a sack and you'll get mad at him for holding the ball, but, then a play later, he will hold the ball, break the tackle, scramble out and throw a TD.

Bengal with a 3 pt. lead. In my opinion, they have out-played the Steelers today. I felt the Steelers out-played the Bengals in the 1st game, but, the Bengals stole it away. Hopefully, the Steelers can return the favor. Great game so far. :wacko:

The Bengals deserved that game, as they out-played the Steelers. 4-0 against the Steelers & Ravens, this division is now the Bengals to lose and they have certainly earned it. That was a HUGH win. Congrats to the Bengals fans, and Bushwacked.

P.S. I have no idea why Ben is throwing 20/40 yards down the field on 2nd and 3rd and 10, with 2:00 left in the game. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

The Bengals deserved that game, as they out-played the Steelers. 4-0 against the Steelers & Ravens, this division is now the Bengals to lose and they have certainly earned it. That was a HUGH win. Congrats to the Bengals fans.

P.S. I have no idea why Ben is throwing 20/40 yards down the field on 2nd and 3rd and 10, with 2:00 left in the game. :wacko:

I agree on all pts here

Last possession was terrible for steelers and Big Ben in particular

I also could not understand that at all. I can see taking a shot quick on the first down but at the point they were at, a first down was the play.

Bengals played a great game and I have got to give it to their defense.

The Bengals deserved that game, as they out-played the Steelers. 4-0 against the Steelers & Ravens, this division is now the Bengals to lose and they have certainly earned it. That was a HUGH win. Congrats to the Bengals fans, and Bushwacked.

As always,you are a class act sir.

Now excuse me while I continue to get inebriated.

P.S. I have no idea why Ben is throwing 20/40 yards down the field on 2nd and 3rd and 10, with 2:00 left in the game. :D

I suspect they were hoping for either 1) a catch (duh), or 2) another pass interference penalty. They had that big one earlier in the game because Crocker didn't look for the ball. More likely the second given the blanket coverage today. But I think the refs were letting them play a bit in the secondary on both sides.

Re: Rothlisberger, I'd say he is about the hardest QB to bring down in the league. If it was Joe Average QB, they would probably take twice as many sacks as Big Ben does.

Nothing like holding all tiebreakers vs division opponents 9 games into the season. :D That win essentially gives them a 2 game lead in the division.

And here's hoping we don't have to play the Steelers again in the playoffs. :wacko: I believe these two teams could play 10 times this year and come out 5-5 easily.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I suspect they were hoping for either 1) a catch (duh), or 2) another pass interference penalty. They had that big one earlier in the game because Crocker didn't look for the ball. More likely the second given the blanket coverage today. But I think the refs were letting them play a bit in the secondary on both sides.

Re: Rothlisberger, I'd say he is about the hardest QB to bring down in the league. If it was Joe Average QB, they would probably take twice as many sacks as Big Ben does.

Nothing like holding all tiebreakers vs division opponents 9 games into the season. :D That win essentially gives them a 2 game lead in the division.

And here's hoping we don't have to play the Steelers again in the playoffs. :wacko: I believe these two teams could play 10 times this year and come out 5-5 easily.

no he wouldn't...most QBs would throw the ball away much more to avoid sacks that Ben takes

no he wouldn't...most QBs would throw the ball away much more to avoid sacks that Ben takes

OK. Sure, he holds the ball too long on occasion. However, I think you have to give him credit for being able to get out of sacks where other players would fold like a rag doll.

OK. Sure, he holds the ball too long on occasion. However, I think you have to give him credit for being able to get out of sacks where other players would fold like a rag doll.
And the thread comes back around completing the circle. Prior to today, there are only 4 other players (Rodgers, Cassel, Campbell, and Russel) that are taking more sacks then Roethlisberger. There aren't too many folding like rag dolls.

If the season ended this weekend, they would have a first round playoff bye. I'm outta my mind.

Savor it. It is fleeting.

Signed:

The Greatest Show On Turf

On a side note, a lot of Steeler fans are spoiled rotten. I made the mistake of going to a Steelers board and most of the topics on the front page were around the fact that the Steelers suck, our coaches suck, Roethlisberger sucks, the o-line sucks, Lawrence Timmons sucks, our special teams suck, Jeff Reed sucks................ I'm sure every fanbase has their share of "sky is falling" posters, but, you would think that the Steelers would have earned some trust from their fans and they would stand by them in bad times. Perhaps the bad apples are just more vocal ???