[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pierogies!

Kid Cid

I've been eating Mrs. T's frozen pierogies for years.

But last weekend we went to the Boulder famers market and there was this little greek woman selling fresh made pierogies. We got some artichoke jalapeno and cream cheese ones that blew my f'ing mind. I need more, but the farmers market is closed until spring. Must... find... ugly... greek... woman.

But last weekend we went to the Boulder famers market and there was this little greek woman selling fresh made pierogies. We got some artichoke jalapeno and cream cheese ones that blew my f'ing mind. I need more, but the farmers market is closed until spring. Must... find... ugly... greek... woman.

Yeah, those are just the basic fillings that I posted, I want to start working on some more exotic ones like the artichoke jalapeno and cream cheese you mentioned. I have an idea for a cajun filling and I think a sausage one would be cool as well. Oooo, maybe a sundried tomato and grilled poblano...

One of the great things about living in Schuylkill Co. - home of Mrs. T's and lots of fresh made perogies at the fire co. fair and the farmers market. One local restaurant even has a Perogie Pizza - dough, mashed potato, cheese and fried buttered onions on top - Good Stuff!

Next time in Denver try Kinga's Lounge on Marion they have some great pierogies and kielbasa...

Something similar is the Kolatch factory on Wadsworth... they are a franchise based out of TX and that is their only store here...

On the back of a box of Mr. T's, they give directions for FIVE different cooking methods: fried, baked, boiled, microwave and sauteed. I usually do them like a potsticker: Drop them in a high heat saute pan with a bit of butter, leave them to brown on one side, then add a bit of water and steam until tender. Last time I put them on a baking sheet and baked them from frozen. That worked pretty well too. Still trying to find the perfect cooking method. . .

Oh, and the only way to serve is with carmelized onions and sour cream. The BOMB.

On the back of a box of Mr. T's, they give directions for FIVE different cooking methods: fried, baked, boiled, microwave and sauteed. I usually do them like a potsticker: Drop them in a high heat saute pan with a bit of butter, leave them to brown on one side, then add a bit of water and steam until tender. Last time I put them on a baking sheet and baked them from frozen. That worked pretty well too. Still trying to find the perfect cooking method. . .

Oh, and the only way to serve is with carmelized onions and sour cream. The BOMB.

I usually boil them briefly until they thaw, then I throw them in a pan with some onions and other veggies and brown them a touch.

• 4 weeks later...
We went to a Christmas bazaar at the local Polish church last night. Keilbasa, pierogis, golabki, plendze, etc.

A Polish feast!!!! No Kapusta? Prasky? Any Pączki? Those are to die for. Give me the golabki by the ton. (We pronounced it Gwoomki) You can keep the Charnina and Kiszka!

Ya got me drooling EB! :D

Homemade is the way to go but Mrs Ts is OK.

(PS: fried? gag)

Agree w/ homemade (Maybe Mr's T's are OK :D), but you always...ALWAYS lightly fry the Pierogis in butter w/ a little bread/cracker crumb!!!! Maybe not the dessert ones, but the sauerkraut, Potato, and mushroom ones definitely! My Mom is 100% Polack! She always fried them! We've been to no less than 3 "Authentic :wacko: " Polish restaurants in the past year and they just boiled and served them! :D:D They have no flavor and they were gooey! God intended them to be fried! :D My Busia fried them also and she came to the USA from Poland in the early 1900's.

My Bro has a great recipe for them...adapted from my Mom but a few of his own touches. He's a very good cook. If you, or anyone, wants the recipe, PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you. They are great!

The signature sandwich at Melt (grilled cheese place) is the Parmageddon (Parma is west side suburb famous for Pole-Slovak decendents) made with pierogies. Dee-lish.

You need to describe this sammich in detail.

you always...ALWAYS lightly fry the Pierogis in butter w/ a little bread/cracker crumb!!!!

That aint fried that's sauteed, dumbass.

:D

I'm OK with em like that or boiled. Much as I love butter, sometimes it's a bit much tho and I'd rather just have em boiled and put a little butter on em myself vs being drenched in it.

We've been to no less than 3 "Authentic :wacko: " Polish restaurants in the past year and they just boiled and served them!
So live and learn. Mom isn't always right! :D

Damn I'm hungry for some now and don't even have Mrs Ts. :D