[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis out

Big Ernie McCracken

yes and no. i commend you Swammi for at least some clarification, but you and Keg know the debate became "is Portis worth a high draft pick". no one "changed" their point. in fact Keg went on to post statistics on high milage backs to defend the position YOU guys took that Portis could still be productive. when that was proven untrue you and Keg began to "backpeddle" and desperatly quoted the title of the APRIL article over and over again.(particularly you). you and Kegs original stance, in the original DELETED thread, was that Portis was a serviceable 1st round draft pick.(which he clearly is'nt). why don't you just admit you were wrong.(you'd get alot more respect that way.)

the bottom line is this:- Portis got old. some of us saw it coming...YOU and Keg did not. there's no shame in it Swam....i've been wrong in fantasy football many times and i'm not afraid to admit it.

lmao..whatever dude. I did not even post in the original thread. You admitted as such. You must be mixing up your adversaries. You and I both know I did not think Portis would be productive this year. I only jumped into the 2nd thread because it was evident he wouldn't be losing touches, and I was taking Keg's side that the topic of him losing touches was indeed what the 1st thread was about.

I even linked to you a bet I made with Seahawks21 that I am actually wagering cash AGAINST Portis. Why would I wager against him, but argue for him in another thread on the same board? :wacko:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao..whatever dude. I did not even post in the original thread. You admitted as such. You must be mixing up your adversaries. You and I both know I did not think Portis would be productive this year. I only jumped into the 2nd thread because it was evident he wouldn't be losing touches, and I was taking Keg's side that the topic of him losing touches was indeed what the 1st thread was about.

I even linked to you a bet I made with Seahawks21 that I am actually wagering cash AGAINST Portis. Why would I wager against him, but argue for him in another thread on the same board? :wacko:

you ABSOLUTELY posted in the original thread.

Portis IS absolutely losing touches.

you only bet Jackson would out perform Portis...nothing more. (it was my thread Swami) as usual your putting your spin on it. you jumped on board with Keg that Portis's production would not decrease...remember you were toting that whopping one less carrie per game?

you and Keg originally said Portis was worthy of a 1st round draft pick. when he began to struggle you changed your position to a RB2 in a 12 team league.(pathetic). as you became increasingly desperate you just kept quoting the title of the APRIL article over and over again....-pretty weak.

you only bet Jackson would out perform Portis...nothing more. (it was my thread Swami) as usual your putting your spin on it. you jumped on board with Keg that Portis's production would not decrease...remember you were toting that whopping one less carrie per game?

you and Keg originally said Portis was worthy of a 1st round draft pick. when he began to struggle you changed your position to a RB2 in a 12 team league.(pathetic). as you became increasingly desperate you just kept quoting the title of the APRIL article over and over again....-pretty weak.

again, you're reaching for straws, and coming up empty. As I have said many times, you really need to just admit you were wrong about him losing touches, and just move on....you'd at least have a smidgen of respect, as the rest of the board KNOWS Keg and I were right....he hasn't lost ONE touch to Betts in games they both played.

please stop saying I said things that I didn't say...

one last time I had these stances:

The articles on Portis losing touches were based on nothing more than a writers opinion/speculation and the lost touches was with regards to RBBC with betts

My other stance/point was to show that just because a RB was 28+ or had 2000+ carries that they most certainly could be productive. I never said I thought Portis was a 1st round RB or a RB1 or RB2...that was never part of my stance...just that you can't write a player off because of those indicators...I backed that up with PLENTY of statistical evidence too...

the only thing I was guilty of was pointing out that Portis was putting up RB2 numbers since that is what you and BEM kept harping on...

but please STOP saying I said things that I did NOT say.

The articles on Portis losing touches were based on nothing more than a writers opinion/speculation and the lost touches was with regards to RBBC with betts

My other stance/point was to show that just because a RB was 28+ or had 2000+ carries that they most certainly could be productive. I never said I thought Portis was a 1st round RB or a RB1 or RB2...that was never part of my stance...just that you can't write a player off because of those indicators...I backed that up with PLENTY of statistical evidence too...

the only thing I was guilty of was pointing out that Portis was putting up RB2 numbers since that is what you and BEM kept harping on...

what you said was he was worth a 1st round pick. DMD agreed. so did Swami.

you laid out a bunch of stats about high mileage backs who were still productive. you went out on a limb and suggested Portis could still be productive....i disagreed (and took alot of heat for it)

Keg we've disagreed alot over the years. and i've always valued your opinions. you were right about Shawn Merriman. you were wrong about Portis.

Edited by hooknladder

what you said was he was worth a 1st round pick. DMD agreed. so did Swami.

you laid out a bunch of stats about high mileage backs who were still productive. you went out on a limb and suggested Portis could still be productive....i disagreed (and took alot of heat for it)

yes i did say he COULD still be productive...I do not remember ever saying he was worth a 1st round pick...to bad that thread got gunned...i just know that i piggy backed on the stats DMD was posting for high mileage, high age backs and really had an axe to grind about the articles that BEM was posting as fact when they were nothing more than speculation and not backed up with anything from the coaches

Edited by keggerz

I never said I thought Portis was a 1st round RB or a RB1 or RB2...

That's a big lie which makes you a big lyer and if you hadn't had your buddies in the Huddle Gestapo delete the thread, I'd show you in print that you're a lyer. You said Portis was worth a 1st or 2nd rounder as an RB1. You now have zero credibility and your lack of football acumen and honor makes you a liability to the Huddle IMO. And as for the stats you used to show the effectiveness of aging RB's with over 2,000 carries, you listed about 15 players (out of about 3,000) who had success, most of whom are Hall of Famers. I can't wait for your "study" on aging running backs. Backtrack all you want Keg, but a real man would admit it when he's wrong :wacko:

That's a big lie which makes you a big lyer and if you hadn't had your buddies in the Huddle Gestapo delete the thread, I'd show you in print that you're a lyer. You said Portis was worth a 1st or 2nd rounder as an RB1. You now have zero credibility and your lack of football acumen and honor makes you a liability to the Huddle IMO. And as for the stats you used to show the effectiveness of aging RB's with over 2,000 carries, you listed about 15 players (out of about 3,000) who had success, most of whom are Hall of Famers. I can't wait for your "study" on aging running backs. Backtrack all you want Keg, but a real man would admit it when he's wrong :wacko:

I don't think a real man would post like something you just did

Maybe you should take that anger and venom you have and tend to show over and over at the Huddle , and channel in it to some better use

It's spelled "liar".

:wacko: Is it really that important to piss and moan back and forth about who was right or wrong and who said what, yadda-yadda-yadda. I feel like I just got back from lunch and my 4th grade kids in school are bickering about a made up game they were playing on the playground and who didn't play the right way and who was talking badly about who to others, etc. Can't we just move on already. If not, I'll go shine the medals while you guys duke it out on the playground and I'll award them to the winner when you get back in.

There really have to be more important priorities in life than this, right? Like Notre Dame vs Pitt or whether or not DeAngelo Williams will play tomorrow, or who will win the big game between the Patriots and Colts on SNF, etc.

Edited by irish

A late draft pick on L Betts paying off nicely today

Just happy I didn't put too much stock into the Huddle's esteemed start/bench list

I am the last guy to blast the huddle but just flat out ridiculous Betts was B

are you being serious? Prior to last week not one runner had rushed for more than 84 yards vs the Broncos and the Broncos had only given up 3 rushing TDs all year long and then you add in just how poorly the skins and their OL play has been and I probably would have come up with a ranking of G for Glue his ass to the bench

are you being serious? Prior to last week not one runner had rushed for more than 84 yards vs the Broncos and the Broncos had only given up 3 rushing TDs all year long and then you add in just how poorly the skins and their OL play has been and I probably would have come up with a ranking of G for Glue his ass to the bench

despite our on going debate, i have to agree 100%

....i believe Betts was hurt going into this game. no reason to believe the skins would turn it around against a solid football team like Denver.

strange post :wacko:

:wacko:

couldn't be more serious - Betts is a productive back, especially in PPR, we know Wash is going to run the football, he coming off a nice week last week facing a Denver team that has given up 324 total yards last two games - flying to the east coast on a short week

sometimes it isn't all about spreadsheets my man

He certainly had a better day than I expected but yeah I thought he would produce some solid numbers

Edited by wildcat2334

:wacko:

couldn't be more serious - Betts is a productive back, especially in PPR, we know Wash is going to run the football, he coming off a nice week last week facing a Denver team that has given up 324 total yards to opposing running backs the past two weeks - flying to the east coast on a short week

sometimes it isn't all about spreadsheets my man

He certainly had a better day than I expected but yeah I thought he would produce some solid numbers

and I did leave out that he was Questionable to play today too...i started him in a 16 team league(ppr) because I had no other options but I wasnt expecting anything more than 5pts or so...if he even played

That's funny because here you list Portis as a top 10 :wacko:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=293282

:wacko: Is it really that important to piss and moan back and forth about who was right or wrong and who said what, yadda-yadda-yadda. I feel like I just got back from lunch and my 4th grade kids in school are bickering about a made up game they were playing on the playground and who didn't play the right way and who was talking badly about who to others, etc. Can't we just move on already. If not, I'll go shine the medals while you guys duke it out on the playground and I'll award them to the winner when you get back in.

There really have to be more important priorities in life than this, right? Like Notre Dame vs Pitt or whether or not DeAngelo Williams will play tomorrow, or who will win the big game between the Patriots and Colts on SNF, etc.

If we had better things to do, we wouldn't be on this board. It's our one chance to be back in fourth grade again.