[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The League

delusions of grandeur

Anybody else watched this show? It comes on after It's Always Sunny on thursdays... Really funny stuff. They all blackmail each other for players, and funny stuff like that, but it's actually a pretty damn funny sitcom too.

If you like immature sexual humor, it's definitely a must watch. Even people who don't play fantasy should like it.

:wacko: This is the 6th separate thread on this.

John-

Why do you insist on counting the number of duplicate threads?

If you see a duplicate subject, then don't visit the comments instead of trying to put the commenter down. Which, to me, is what it feels like when you say,'This is the 6th separate thread on this.'

Who gives a crud? This is my first time seeing the subject and I'm on every day. So, it's new to me.

BTW, I love the show. Hope it makes it longer than half a season.

John-

If you see a duplicate subject, then don't visit the comments instead of trying to put the commenter down. Which, to me, is what it feels like when you say,'This is the 6th separate thread on this.'

Who gives a crud? This is my first time seeing the subject and I'm on every day. So, it's new to me.

First of all, BJ is a moderator and information provider for The Huddle Forums. Most of us enjoy and appreciate the facts he presents.

Secondly, this being the sixth topic means the conversation regarding the show is scattered and you are already missing what others have said on it. It also directly answers your question "Anybody else watched this show? "

As a rule of thumb, just quickly use the search feature before posting on something so specific.

No one is trying to bring you down, just help improve the quality of conversation here on the boards.

And for the record, I think the show is very well done, until they move too far away from football related topics - at which point it plays out like a poorly written sitcom.

Edited by kpholmes

Secondly, this being the sixth topic means the conversation regarding the show is scattered and you are already missing what others have said on it. It also directly answers your question "Anybody else watched this show? "

As a rule of thumb, just quickly use the search feature before posting on something so specific.

Umm, actually I was the one who started the topic. Honestly, I searched through 4 pages without seeing a topic on it, and was surprised. I'm on here pretty often as a reader too and have never seen the topic

I certainly don't blame Big John though for pointing it out, but I also appreciate that other people agree that it's worth bringing back up. Ya, the last episode wasn't very good, but see "The Bounce Test" when the reruns air on FX.... so funny

Umm, actually I was the one who started the topic. Honestly, I searched through 4 pages without seeing a topic on it, and was surprised. I'm on here pretty often as a reader too and have never seen the topic

I certainly don't blame Big John though for pointing it out, but I also appreciate that other people agree that it's worth bringing back up. Ya, the last episode wasn't very good, but see "The Bounce Test" when the reruns air on FX.... so funny

Use the search function . . . . .

John-

Once you are here for a while you'll understand the humor of Big John's counts (among other things). He is one of the more respected individuals we have here.

Use the search function . . . . .

So i assume you used the search function using the terms "The League" too, before you offered me this advice... I went through at least 4 or 5 pages under that search, since this has happened to me before. I'm sorry you're so sensitive about rehashing things under a new discussion.

Some of the old posts are from before the season aired anyway. incldunig the only topic I found when I searched the second time, "The League FX".

The point of this post is that it is a show worth watching.. I'm sorry I brought it up now.

I'm glad you brought it up. I'm on here daily and haven't seen anything on it. When does this show air, I want to check it out?

I really wanted to like this show, but for some reason it just doesn't get things done. Not that no name actors are bad, but some of these guys are from E shows such as Best Week Ever and others, and the comedy just seems forced. I think it would actually be funnier if they didn't force the fantasy league with webcams, the ridiculous trophy, etc.

I think if they actually focused on how a league really works it would have been much better. The draft episode literally should have shown the entire draft and the ball busting along the way instead of just focusing on the characters and developing them during the show.

I'll give it another week, but it's not all that great.