[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris "Beanie" Wells

RussMan

Absolutley Hightower. The protection of warner is upmost importance now and Beanie cant block. I saw atleast 2 big hits on warner when I was watching cards games and it was because of Beanie. I am not sure if it was Beanie in on the warner concussion hit BUT did notice that Wells played less last week . Highttower also is the recieving back and the main Goal Line back. There both running about the same YPC Wells 4.5 and HT 4.3) , Hightower a better Blocker, reciever and GL back. thats pretty cut and dry for Hightower. I see very little positives for Wells this year , Wells is still the better runner and the future but for weeks 13-17 its Hightower.

Edited by damageinc

Is it better to have Wells or Hightower at this poiint looking forward?

Not this week...Minnesota has not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 30 or so games. They've only allowed 3 rushing TD's this year and only one was a redzone TD during garbage time against the Seahawks.

Hightower could have a nice night. If his thumb is OK. He might only rush for 40 yards BUT I can see a 7-8 reception night due to dumpoffs like Forte was getting yesterday. Also with pas prortection being at a premium I expect Hightower to be in 80% of the game ( if he plays) due to his good blocking. and you could get a GL run or two for HT. In a PPR league HT is a decent start. Not so much in standard scoring.

Yesterday ??? what the hey did I type. Yes I meant last week. LOL. Hightower is more into the passing game this season then Forte so I figured HT could have a 7-38 type night to go with 12 rushed for 39 yards and prey for a GL TD. Granted I am saying a 9-11 pt night for Hightower but thats not too bad considering some folks options. I will take it. I got 10 Pts total last week from both my backs and lost by 1 PT. If I had played HT ( I played Wells over him) I would have won. I take no pts for granted now.

Edited by damageinc

No, I highly disagree that Hightower is a reliable option even in PPR leagues.

All signs point to LT Mike Gandy missing this game with a pelvis injury and G Jeremy Bridges will start in his place. The Cardinals are going to be forced to find a way to block Jared Allen and that means leaving Hightower back to block. Hightower may get lucky but I don't see Wells being in for a ton of plays so aim low.

Tim Hightower (thumb) was limited in Cardinals practice Friday.

He was also limited Thursday. It's worth noting that Hightower saw seven touches compared to Chris Wells' 15 while battling the thumb issue last week. It may be the excuse the coaching staff needs to begin featuring Wells more in the backfield. Hightower isn't on the fantasy radar anymore.

Last week Hightower was also questionable and outplayed Wells on less carries. If you watched the game Hightower was doing things that went beyond the stats. He was running the offensive line like a general and blocking Allen all night. He was a huge reason the cards got the win.

Hes also off the injurry report is is probabale now so he will start as usual.

im Hightower, RB ARI

News: Arizona RB Tim Hightower (thumb) had been limited in practice for much of the week leading up to the Monday night game at San Francisco in Week 14. On Saturday, however, Hightower was able to practice in full and is probable to play on Monday night.

Edited by damageinc

Another game.. another night of watching to see if Wells get's more carries. ARI has a great matchup @ DET next week. If the game gets out of hand one or both of the ARI runners may have some value. Rice tore the Lions apart..

This is exactly one thing I'll be checking out. I have Addai, D. Will, Turner, Wells and Chris Jennings at RB and if Wells can perform well, I may just start him next week over Williams who faces the Vikings.

I have Brady at QB, Witten at TE, Hartley at K and B. Marshall, Fitzgerald and Boldin at WR. So, I'll need 2 of Addai @ Jags, Williams vs Vikings, Turner hurt @ Jets, Wells @ Lions and/or Jennings @ Chiefs. :wacko::D

Wells 15 rushes 79yards and a TD. 1 reception for 24 yds.

Hightower 2 rushes 3yards. 2 receptions for 13 yards.

BEANIE I have a flex spot just for you. A great matchup @ Detroit just in time for my fantasy championship game. Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, and Chris Wells -- BOOYA.

Possibly.. but hightower and everyboldy else turned the ball over too....

Well will run roughshod over the Lions if he gets all the carries next week.

He almost coughed one up on that reception too.

As a Wells owner I groaned at his fumble. Yeah all the other guys fumbled too but Wells' fumble was a back breaker and likely keeps the backfield muddled just long enough to negate at least some of his touches @ DET.

Wells will definitely be in my lineup but... ugh, let's see some consistency to set himself apart from Hightower.

Wells 15 rushes 79yards and a TD. 1 reception for 24 yds.

Hightower 2 rushes 3yards. 2 receptions for 13 yards.

BEANIE I have a flex spot just for you. A great matchup @ Detroit just in time for my fantasy championship game. Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, and Chris Wells -- BOOYA.

Good luck.

He almost coughed one up on that reception too.

As a Wells owner I groaned at his fumble. Yeah all the other guys fumbled too but Wells' fumble was a back breaker and likely keeps the backfield muddled just long enough to negate at least some of his touches @ DET.

Wells will definitely be in my lineup but... ugh, let's see some consistency to set himself apart from Hightower.

I did more than groan at Well's fumble, I would've made a sailor blush. I thought EXACTLY the same thing. Beanie finally starts breaking out with the Lions on the docket and he fumbles. Mofo.

Edited by splotchman