[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

INDY looker better when Addai was on the field

Company of Heroes

Addai has been quietly having a very solid season.

While I know Brown is a rookie and was returning from injury and maybe rusty, and Simpson is a 3rd-stringer, it seemed clear that INDY played better while Addai was on the field early and late in the game. When he was out in the middle of the game, the Colts offense struggled. While he didn't post gaudy yardage, it seems like he does the little things that help make the offense click.

I have to give him his due this year even though he was certainly a bust last year as a first round draft pick my first season of FF.

While the running wasn't spectacular, I do think Indy was playing better with Addai in there. I know everyone who has Brown is hoping he takes the job, but he was getting knocked around like a pinball on pass protection. Addai came back in and Indy immediately started moving the ball better. Looked like he unofficially helped start the comeback, though Peyton will get all the credit.

i don't get the hate for him on this and other boards. i'm not saying he's great, but all he does is produce.

...to the tune of 3.5 yds/carry. And it's only that good because of how Manning opens up the field. He's just not much of a runner. Also he tends to get dinged up. I agree they could definitely do worse due to his overall ability to catch and block, but a legit runner he aint. That and his injury thing are why Brown was brought in. Brown has been kinda disappointing so far, but again it's early -

...to the tune of 3.5 yds/carry. And it's only that good because of how Manning opens up the field. He's just not much of a runner. Also he tends to get dinged up. I agree they could definitely do worse due to his overall ability to catch and block, but a legit runner he aint. That and his injury thing are why Brown was brought in. Brown has been kinda disappointing so far, but again it's early -

Yes, but we are talking fantasy production. So 3.5 yds/carry with frequent red zone opportunities is fine production from a RB2 (where he was drafted). Over the past six games he has scored around 86 pts in standard leagues or around 14 pts a game (which is more like low-end RB1 territory). Moving forward, I expect it to taper off some with Brown returning and a tougher remaining rushing schedule.

The last time I can remeber when the Colts had a good RB was back when Edgerrin James was on the team. The RBs they do have are capable of course, but with Peyton throwing the ball and opening up big holes anyone could run for the Colts and have a decent season. Addai would be an average player on any other team at best.

The last time I can remeber when the Colts had a good RB was back when Edgerrin James was on the team. The RBs they do have are capable of course, but with Peyton throwing the ball and opening up big holes anyone could run for the Colts and have a decent season. Addai would be an average player on any other team at best.

You may be right. Doesn't have anything to do with his fantasy production, though.

Addai has been much better the last few weeks.

+1

That's why I'm dropping Brown. I think I've held on to him long enough waiting for a shot. Looks like Addai is going to remain the man this year and I think the WW is a better spot to hit up with all the recent injuries. Hopefully I can grab Forsett for my RB3.

+1

That's why I'm dropping Brown. I think I've held on to him long enough waiting for a shot. Looks like Addai is going to remain the man this year and I think the WW is a better spot to hit up with all the recent injuries. Hopefully I can grab Forsett for my RB3.

I'm considering dropping Brown as well.

On the one hand (drop Brown):

Remaining rushing schedule is not great.

Addai does seem to be in line for the lion's share.

On the other hand (keep Brown):

If Addai goes down, Brown could be solid.

Addai injured his hand this week, and even though he returned, it'd be nice to see him in another game before I drop Brown.

They may have looked better, but I don't think it has anything to do with if Addai or Brown was in the game...

There are way too many variables to say that it was because Addai was in or out.

He has produced much better than I anticipated, but he has stayed healthy for the most part. He got dinged late last year and Dominic Rhodes became a great plug in play late in the season for some owners.

If he doesn't get hurt, Brown has zero value, although I think he is a much better runner, he doesn't quite have the pass protection down yet.

I'm considering dropping Brown as well.

On the one hand (drop Brown):

Remaining rushing schedule is not great.

Addai does seem to be in line for the lion's share.

On the other hand (keep Brown):

If Addai goes down, Brown could be solid.

Addai injured his hand this week, and even though he returned, it'd be nice to see him in another game before I drop Brown.

Well, I dropped him for Forsett who may be useful as a spot starter. With Wells coming on as of late, I'm not looking as terrible in the RB2 department. Anyway when I was watching the game and Addai went out, I thought "great, now I'll get to see what it looks like if Brown gets the majority of the carries." Turns out he didn't look that productive and then they put some other guy in (simpson?) that looked just as good if not better than Brown IMHO. I figured I'm better off with a Snelling or Forsett than keeping Brown on my roster. True if Addai gets banged up like he typically does, Brown could be money. I just had some better options. It all depends on what your options are I guess, but I wasn't overly impressed. :wacko: