[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A worse coaching decision IMO

Cunning Runt

There's some debate as to whether Belichik's decision was the worst they've ever seen, blah...blah...blah...

Not close in my book to when Marty Mornhinweg/Lions won the toss and elected to play defense in overtime a couple years back. Now THAT, was a bad coaching decision - worst ever material. They promptly lost.

Edited by Cunning Runt

1978. Giants lead the Eagles 17-12 with 20 seconds left. Eagles have no timeouts left. All NY QB Joe Pisarcik has to do is fall on the ball, and ... game over. But Giants offensive coordinator Bob Gibson calls a handoff to Larry Csonka. Csonka can't believe it when he hears the call in the huddle, and says, "Don't give me the ball." The exchange between Pisarcik and Csonka is botched. Herman Edwards snags the loose ball and runs 26 yards for the winning TD.

1978. Giants lead the Eagles 17-12 with 20 seconds left. Eagles have no timeouts left. All NY QB Joe Pisarcik has to do is fall on the ball, and ... game over. But Giants offensive coordinator Bob Gibson calls a handoff to Larry Csonka. Csonka can't believe it when he hears the call in the huddle, and says, "Don't give me the ball." The exchange between Pisarcik and Csonka is botched. Herman Edwards snags the loose ball and runs 26 yards for the winning TD.

He played to win the game....HELLO

Buy a Begals History DVD (if they have them), you're bound to find a contender.

A different take on a response to this thread title would be: Cincinnati Bengals - 1978 Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh, as successor to Paul Brown. That, my friends, is a bad coaching decision. Not the point of the thread, sorry to hijack, carry on