[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Westbrook

Shorttynaz

Injuries to the brain are no small matter.

+1 Guys like Wayne Chrebet are still dealing with concussion symptoms well after retirement and that's with a modern-day helmet. I can't even imagine what some of the old guys like Mike Webster (RIP) have to live through every day.

Edited by budlitebrad

I'd shocked if he plays again this year....and only less shocked if he doesn't flat-out retire.

After his first concussion, he was talking about how he was going to change his running style to try to minimize potential hits to the head. You could tell he was worried about it, and the long-term ramifications of concussions (saying he wants to make sure he is safe for the long run after football)...then he gets another one on a comparitively tamer hit.

I can't imagine what his thinking is at this point....but I'm sure he's much closer to retired than he was just a week ago.

I'd shocked if he plays again this year....and only less shocked if he doesn't flat-out retire.

....but I'm sure he's much closer to retired than he was just a week ago.

Without doubt ,, all I can say is Westy always brought a higher intensity of entertainment for me when watching a game when he was on the field

The lights reflecting off his rings into his eyes confuse him. :wacko:

Yeah you probably right ,,, he is still sounding more like Bradshaw than Steve Young though

and no I wouldn't know anything about those rings being a viking fan ,,,,, oh wait we now have a man who does no something about those rings :D

and i didn't even have to mention his name :D

He is an amazing football player. Always had nagging injuries and was forever a GTD but when he is on the field and healthy he is lethal. The Eagles are my most hated team but as you get older you learn to put that aside when you are just appreciating a gifted athlete. The past year has been a bitch for the Birds. Jim Johnson was a legend IMO and watching Westbrooks career possibly end has to suck. If it is the end for Westbrook I tip my cap to the guy . I have cursed at the TV many times because of him. :wacko: I wish him well.

he should definitely do what is best to protect the long term quality of his life. that's just the right thing to do. i fully support this.

of course, i have mccoy ...

:wacko:

How could you have McCoy if I have him?