[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

patriots- revenge at home this week?

eags

between wanting revenge from the game in new york and what happened last week do you think the pats will go off this week or do you think they will be bothered by the whole thing? i think big bill will have no mercy and run it up and i think he will go for it on 4th down if they need it. cool as the other side of a brand new pillow!

This is either gonna be a close game - like the first time the Pats played the Jets this year..

OR..

This will be one of those games where Belichick tells Brady to just throw, throw, throw.. "Coach, we're up by 50 and it's only the 2nd quarter." "I could care less - just keep throwing TDs."

The second of these two seems more likely in my opinion.

Revis did intercept Brady when covering Moss man to man. A safety did come into the picture but was not assigned to Moss (from what I remember). The ONLY shot Jets have is to leave Revis man-to-man on Moss and hoep he will win the battle. They need to concentrate on the other Wrs with what they have while blitzing a side each play.

Revis did intercept Brady when covering Moss man to man. A safety did come into the picture but was not assigned to Moss (from what I remember). The ONLY shot Jets have is to leave Revis man-to-man on Moss and hoep he will win the battle. They need to concentrate on the other Wrs with what they have while blitzing a side each play.

I just thought the entire interview was humorous.

"I was in Man-to-Man with Moss the entire game, I beat him one on one."

"Can't you have a safety over the top and still be in Man-to-Man?"

"uhhh.... :wacko: "

PFT and Florio follow up and break down all 77 offensive plays by the Pats

Great read :D

If the Pats can stop the run we should win. I could see anything happening, but a 10 pnt win seems likely. The Jets have always played us tough.

I do like the fact that Welker is playing this time. It will be interesting to see how they choose thier coverage.

This is either gonna be a close game - like the first time the Pats played the Jets this year..

OR..

This will be one of those games where Belichick tells Brady to just throw, throw, throw.. "Coach, we're up by 50 and it's only the 2nd quarter." "I could care less - just keep throwing TDs."

LOL So it will either be close or not close? Good one...

They better plan on having everyone but Randy Moss catching those TD's. Revis is the most dominate CB I've seen since Prime Time. I don't think Champ, in his prime has shut down teams opposing no.1's like Revis has so far. Heck, I think Revis might be the best defensive player in the league right now.

They better plan on having everyone but Randy Moss catching those TD's. Revis is the most dominate CB I've seen since Prime Time. I don't think Champ, in his prime has shut down teams opposing no.1's like Revis has so far. Heck, I think Revis might be the best defensive player in the league right now.

We'll see :wacko:

PON, I love reading your opinions and commentary on things... but this is a bit of a stretch.

While I'd love to throw Asomugha's name out there as best shut down man to man corner in the league, most people roll their eyes because he plays for the Raiders. But even Peyton has said Nnamdi is the best corner in the NFL.

What about players like Patrick Willis or Jarred Allen as far as best defensive player in the league goes?

Now, has Revis progressed tremendously since last season? Sure.

Is he the most dominant corner since Dieon? The best defensive player in the NFL? I don't know about that.

I'm benching the Jets D for Houston playing Tenn, Chris Johnson and all. I think Brady will have much more time to throw than he did in the first game, and that will allow Moss to get open.

Revis is very good, probably a top 2 CB in the NFL, maybe amoung the top ten D players in the NFL, but he isn't a game changer, at least not yet. He can shut sown some of the best WR's in the league, but he can't control a game the way some players like a Polamalu can. If Brady gets time, Moss will get open sooner or later. I think the Pats could really embarrass the Jets tomorrow.

I'm benching the Jets D for Houston playing Tenn, Chris Johnson and all. I think Brady will have much more time to throw than he did in the first game, and that will allow Moss to get open.

Revis is very good, probably a top 2 CB in the NFL, maybe amoung the top ten D players in the NFL, but he isn't a game changer, at least not yet. He can shut sown some of the best WR's in the league, but he can't control a game the way some players like a Polamalu can. If Brady gets time, Moss will get open sooner or later. I think the Pats could really embarrass the Jets tomorrow.

I hope you're right....I'l be there, live and in person, nose bleed section.

Who else is going?

:wacko:

Yuk.

Sanchez looks like a deer in the headlights right now, passes are not good even when he isn't under a lot of pressure. Two picks (1 for a score) and counting. Not that I care that I'm playing vs. the NEP defense in one league today or anything, but the NYJ look bad so far.

Edited by ts

Sanchez seems to be getting worse, not better. Four piks today with another fumble that happened only because he held the ball FAR too long. I hate to say it, but he reminds me of Losman.

I know a lot of highly drafted QB's were awful in their rookie years, but few had the offensive line, the running game and the WR and RB corp he has to work with. The Jets' D keeps them in games, so he hasn't been forced to throw the ball all the time in the face of blitzing defenses. The kid can't even hit the sidelines sometimes when he tries to throw the ball away. I never have been crazy about QB's out of CA. especially southern California. I fear Sanchez is Losman II.

being at the game, i didn't really get a sense of a revenge game, a little disappointing in that regard.

the usual 'hatred' of the green n white wasthere, but because the game was never really close.

the jets played a good defensive game and the poor play of the Patriots at the end of the 2nd,

and at points in the 3rd, kept the jets in it, kinda.

the pick six happened right in front a me (sat in 107 for the 1st qrt, think i got some decent pics)

but sanchez isn't completly to blame for that. cotchery, i think, ran the wrong route...looked like that.

but overall, sanchez was horrible, even for a rookie. poor decision making and beats me why the dude

just doesn't throw the ball away...you would think he could at least learn that after 10 games.

Revis is outstanding! blanked Moss all game. I saw on one play the jets rolled 4 man coverage over to Moss! unreal!

of course Brady burned them with Welker.

good win, we'll take it....pretty much i give this one to the Patriots defense, they controlled the game.

did Thomas get his 100 yards?....looked like they tried there best to get him the 100 once the game was out of

reach in the 4th....i'll watch the dvr'd version tonight.....