[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mess in cinncy this weekend for RB

isleseeya

Larry Johnson apparently getting in alot of reps and work at practice

Benson likely out ( but not official yet )

and i dont think anyone knows if Bernard Scott will get the start and vast majority of the work

shame is they are playing the Raiders ...could be a fantasy bonanza for Cinncy RB

Sorry, but... link?

Cuz I've been reading conflicting reports that he's getting some work and that he might get some action in week 11.

I'm starting Scott out of need, but I suspect the guy to start is the one who's the best blocker -and- knows the offense well enough. That's probably Leonard.

Still, I'm going upside with Scott.

And I think LJ is just insurance, which is smart considering that CIN is playoff bound.

see link

:wacko:

I picked up Scott this week and wanted to ride him like Secretariat but now i have some hesitation

Edited by isleseeya

I have a hunch Scott is going to have a decent week. He is going to get most of the carries early on, and I think he is going to do well enough to earn most of the carries the rest of the game. I mean, it is the Raiders.

The thing about Larry Johnson is this: if they can create holes for him, he WILL gain large chunks of yardage. He simply cannot make his own hole or juke a lot of guys anymore.

If Benson cannot go, I can see Scott starting the game, but if LJ gets in there and starts eating up yards, they will ride him into the ground. He is clearly not a long term answer, so they will abuse the hell out of him.

It just seems very soon to turn LJ loose completely, I could see him getting in for 5-10 plays, maybe. If they are serious about seeing what Scott is made of, seems like this week would be the perfect week to give him plenty of action. I picked him up this week and may start him in place of Ryan Grant, and I have held on to LJ. I'm probably smarter just playing Grant, but usually defer to the Huddle masters when I am in doubt. I have already lost enough games this season on LJ and LT, so probably will wait and see what the Friday practice info is. Seems to me that the Bengals would be smart to commit to one back and give him the complete opportunity, and not mess around with this opponent, and this game with a bunch of changes.

As a Palmer owner, I'm hoping they have to throw a bit more. It'll be interesting to see how they do this week. The raiders are a strange bird sometimes in fantasy. They don't usually win, but I swear they play well enough to ruin your FF team once in awhile (or at least mine).

As a Bensen owner I just picked up Scott and put him in the flex position and I am worried about the LJ factor. If any Bengal homers have any info to help clarify the running game, it would be helpful. DMD doesn't seem to think LJ will be much of a factor and I hope he is right.

If any Bengal homers have any info to help clarify the running game, it would be helpful.

I own Benson and grabbed Scott too. I've scoured the innernets the last few days to find as much info as I could. Some opinions are that Scott will get the most carries. Some think L.J. will see alot of carries and get the goal line work. Some people think that Leonard will see the 3rd down snaps and a little more action on throwing downs. :D

IMO this is what will happen tomorrow.

Benson will be inactive and Cincy will dress 3 rb's. We won't get any clarification on who will get the bulk of the carries. It's a crapshoot. I will probly end up starting Scott and holidng my breath. :wacko:

As a Bensen owner I just picked up Scott and put him in the flex position and I am worried about the LJ factor. If any Bengal homers have any info to help clarify the running game, it would be helpful. DMD doesn't seem to think LJ will be much of a factor and I hope he is right.

As a Bengals homer,I think DMD is correct.

The feeling here is the Bengals want to sit Benson,and don't want to get caught with only one RB if Scott or Leonard go down.

I was lucky enough to grab Scott in my local, with Turner down and Snelling already scooped up weeks before. I have Norwood, and have Bell as other options, but I'm starting Scott, not turning back to second guess. I feel he's going to be a decent enough of a play...perhaps for next week as well.

Agreed with much said before. This is how it's going to play out, well in my head at least. Everyone knows that there is a 99% chance that CIN will beat OAK. As a coach, especially with an eager rookie, and now LJ on your team as a backup plan. You are going to try to run on this terrible DEF however if all else fails let Palmer go to the air. Ocho should be a dominant force because their number one CB is used more for one side of the field which normally coles in on. Let it rip either way. CIN wins.

Leonard will be the 3rd down back or possibly second and long...the real question is who gets the goaline carries...I am thinking of starting Scott. He was a sleeper on alot of radars in August. He will be returning kicks (Scott) largely in part b/c he has run one back. That also concerns me that it may be RBBC with Leonard on 3rds and LJ at the goaline.

Leonard will be the 3rd down back or possibly second and long...the real question is who gets the goaline carries...I am thinking of starting Scott. He was a sleeper on alot of radars in August. He will be returning kicks (Scott) largely in part b/c he has run one back. That also concerns me that it may be RBBC with Leonard on 3rds and LJ at the goaline.

yup...crowded backfield.....and i truly dont think they signed LJ to sit on the bench...not like he's been out of football....he's in game shape, running behind a solid O Line...

pecking order could be scott, leonard and lj, but LJ may make the most of his opportunites, especially at Goal line.....if bengals, do you give a GL carry to a rookie or seasoned Veteran???

Larry Johnson's lack of desire and ability to pass block or pick up the blitz IMO will limit him use. Palmer is the franchise and unless Scott struggles, I don't see Cincy risking the season by rushing LJ into action and getting Palmer killed. Oakland is obviously quite familiar with LJ and although they don't blitz alot and rarely do you see them run anything exotic, with Benson out I could see Oakland trying to get to Palmer early. :wacko:

Larry Johnson's lack of desire and ability to pass block or pick up the blitz IMO will limit him use. Palmer is the franchise and unless Scott struggles, I don't see Cincy risking the season by rushing LJ into action and getting Palmer killed. Oakland is obviously quite familiar with LJ and although they don't blitz alot and rarely do you see them run anything exotic, with Benson out I could see Oakland trying to get to Palmer early. :wacko:

I completely agree with this :D

Edited by G.K.Trey

I like Scott all day long...we will have to see if LJ is even active 1st before you worry about him stealing carries.

Scott will go off the next 3 weeks if Benson misses those games

This development has me kicking msyelf for sure...I drafted Scott in about 10 leagues waived him in about 7 because I finally gave up on Benson sucking...he finally gets hurt and I am left without my boy Scott now...sucks...big time.

Would you say that the RB who blocks the best gets the most touches? Would that be Leonard?

Blocking will only be necessary in passing situations...if this was vs. philly then may be a blocker on first and 2nd downs but Cincy wants to run not run with a blocker so this notion of blocvking back is not a full time starter at all and not near the goaline either, not as a ball carrier.