[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mess in cinncy this weekend for RB

isleseeya

I wouldn't be suprised if the Raiders were able to hang with Cincy this week, so let's not get ahead of ourselves...I think getting LJ involved could be a team builder, if he is rejuvenated and cares about a playoff run. But work him in slowly to make him a little hungry.

First of all, Cincinnati has NEVER won at Oakland. Nine attempts over the last 41 years have all resulted in L's.

Larry Johnson will most definitely be active. There is no question. Based on what I am hearing, it looks like RBBC. I have watched Scott all season. Keep in mind we are talking about a 5th Round draft pick who has a lot of potential, but still a lot to learn.

I would project that Scott and LJ will split carries most the game, with Leonard coming in for a lot of 3rd down/GL plays.

Scott tried to pick up where Benson left off last week, and he looked like he was about to pass out from all the work. Guy was WHIPPED. For this reason, I think they are going to rotate a lot.

I do not think Mike Brown or Marvin Lewis are in any hurry to get Benson back in the lineup. Could sit 2-3 weeks IMO.

Edited by aruss

since benson's injury is not serious, i'm betting the team does not want to sway too far from their winning approach to date. that winning approach involves a strong runner hitting the holes hard and playing a workhorse role. this is NOT bernard scott. i can't see them making a big change in philosophy to all of a sudden go to a more spread out running game to fit bscott's style. based on this, i have to believe bscott's fantasy output is going to be seriously limited. they will give lj all he can handle with bscott as a change of pace on a few series while still using him on special teams. leonard will continue playing his role so he can get better at it ... vs. leonard suddenly getting tons of carries and trying to be a horse. marvin looked very serious when he said "stay tuned" as far as lj playing this weekend. i believe we will see a pretty big dose of him.

that's why lj was so attractive to sign. even when benson comes back, they will probably look to go 2/3 benson and 1/3 lj to keep their philosophy in tact while preserving the health of both runners.

of course, i could be totally wrong.

Okay, so it looks like to me that the Cincy locals think LJ will be a part of things, and that Scott won't be a major focus of the game plan or a solid blocking option, which would limit time. This seems to me to be very much up in the air, and a doubtful situation where one back has a big, sustained day. Oakland will not be a motivational game for them, and they will probably pass more than usual to try to get the job done quickly, I would think. The fact they have installed Scott as the main return man doesn't seem to be a move they would do if they were going to have him be the main running back all day, or moving forward in Benson's absence if he's gone. LJ does seem to be a good fit for the Benson style running offense, and that would make sense as to why they went out and got him.

I don't know, but I think I'll take a chance on Grant or the renewly (I like that new word) installed starter Slaton over a hopeful Scott. I hate to go against The Huddle rankings, but this one is tough for me. It won't be an issue if Chris Johnson goes off for 30 more points, though, so I'll hope for that... :wacko:

Okay, so it looks like to me that the Cincy locals think LJ will be a part of things, and that Scott won't be a major focus of the game plan or a solid blocking option, which would limit time. This seems to me to be very much up in the air, and a doubtful situation where one back has a big, sustained day. Oakland will not be a motivational game for them, and they will probably pass more than usual to try to get the job done quickly, I would think. The fact they have installed Scott as the main return man doesn't seem to be a move they would do if they were going to have him be the main running back all day, or moving forward in Benson's absence if he's gone. LJ does seem to be a good fit for the Benson style running offense, and that would make sense as to why they went out and got him.

I don't know, but I think I'll take a chance on Grant or the renewly (I like that new word) installed starter Slaton over a hopeful Scott. I hate to go against The Huddle rankings, but this one is tough for me. It won't be an issue if Chris Johnson goes off for 30 more points, though, so I'll hope for that... :wacko:

This point is what concerns me the most. Starting RB's usually don't double up as return men. This decision indicates that this weekend is going to be a RBC. Doesn't mean that Scott won't get his, but having him return kicks and adding LJ to the mix sounds like that the coaches don't have confidence that Scott is an adequate replacement for Benson. I hope I'm wrong because I've got him on a lot of teams. I'm only starting him where I don't have better options. Even if it is a RBC, Scott could still have a good day. Jamaal Charles did nothing of significance all year until he played the Raiders. I would like to see what Scott could do if given the full load. Despite all the coach talk, I don't think they brought in LJ just for insurance. They are probably going to play him to see if he truly has something left, and what better team to try it on than the Raiders.

This point is what concerns me the most. Starting RB's usually don't double up as return men. This decision indicates that this weekend is going to be a RBC. Doesn't mean that Scott won't get his, but having him return kicks and adding LJ to the mix sounds like that the coaches don't have confidence that Scott is an adequate replacement for Benson. I hope I'm wrong because I've got him on a lot of teams. I'm only starting him where I don't have better options. Even if it is a RBC, Scott could still have a good day. Jamaal Charles did nothing of significance all year until he played the Raiders. I would like to see what Scott could do if given the full load. Despite all the coach talk, I don't think they brought in LJ just for insurance. They are probably going to play him to see if he truly has something left, and what better team to try it on than the Raiders.

Well, the way I look at it, if the Bengals win the coin toss, and choose to receive, Scott takes the kickoff to start the game.....with the way the Raiders are playing, that might be the ONLY kickoff he gets all day (as in order to get anymore, the Raiders would actually have to score....)...

Im not as worried about having Scott return kicks as I am with the fact that they may rotate all 3 in......and it's anyone's guess who gets the GL carries.....

been going back and forth between Scott and Snelling...

you know for sure that snelling is going to get the bulk of the work. that would do it for me. not great that he's going against the giants, but if you get into the end zone, it makes a mediocre day pretty good.

So, and I know nothing's a given, is Scott a lock to at least START? Because I have the feeling he will get the hot hand and stay in if so.

This and last year, Larry Johnson gets touched and falls down, and looks to be running through waist high mud when he does get some daylight. Benson has played hungry, like a man with something to prove and something in sight to run for, running through contact even when huge holes aren't there. I don't see LJ coming right in and doing the same, unless sitting out two weeks put him "on a mission" as well.

I am rolling with Scott, assuming he is actually getting the start. I'm thinking his displays the same kind of hunger, even if he isn't of the same build as Benson/LJ.

I am rolling with Scott over Grant and Forte.

Ocho should be a dominant force because their number one CB is used more for one side of the field which normally coles is on.

Is this definitely true, that Ashomuga lines up on the same side for the most part, and that it's the side away from ocho Cinco? I was trying to confirm this on another thread. Sorry if I'm hijacking here.

I've got the same decision. Snelling looks to be the safer option in a standard scoring league, but we get return yardage points and PPR so that really makes it tough to sit Scott. Can anyone confirm that he is indeed returning kicks still? I know that they made the switch earlier in the week but could that change now that Benson is definately out?