[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latest Huddle Update on Benson

gardenthug

The comment "Benson owners should be very concerned" struck me as odd. Personally, I'd rather have Benson sit out the Oak game so he can return healthy for the Clev and Det games. There is no way Benson loses significant touches to the less talented Scott/Leonard combo. considering Bensons success has been key to the Bengles success. Am I the only Benson owner that isn't concerned?

The comment "Benson owners should be very concerned" struck me as odd. Personally, I'd rather have Benson sit out the Oak game so he can return healthy for the Clev and Det games. There is no way Benson loses significant touches to the less talented Scott/Leonard combo. considering Bensons success has been key to the Bengles success. Am I the only Benson owner that isn't concerned?

Larry Johnson was getting a lot of reps and work in today ...and i dont believe they signed him to simply be a back up plan in case Benson is out a long time again or gets injured again later in season

I think Benson owners have to be at least a bit conceened

Edited by isleseeya

You know they have put up with Ocho Stinko for so many years maybe they like dealing with pains in the butt! No way Larry takes over but this could easily become a RBBC. When Benson comes back he better put up “ACE” like RB numbers or else....

Stinks, I just traded for Benson 2-weeks ago and gave up Gore and Smith (NYG) to get him. The 2 for 1 deal... Ughhhhh

Why would CIN want to deviate from Benson in any way and opt for a washed-up, over-aged malcontent? He's #4 on the depth chart. What in anything LJ has done in the last two years says he's a better option than Benson even for one play?

If Benson is out then LJ could potenially figure in but he signed for minimum for 7 weeks. There is no investment in him other than depth. Bernard Scott has shown more in a few runs this year than LJ has all season as the FT starter in KC.

The thing about Larry Johnson is this: if they can create holes for him, he WILL gain large chunks of yardage. He simply cannot make his own hole or juke a lot of guys anymore.

If Benson cannot go, I can see Scott starting the game, but if LJ gets in there and starts eating up yards, they will ride him into the ground. He is clearly not a long term answer, so they will abuse the hell out of him.

Why would CIN want to deviate from Benson in any way and opt for a washed-up, over-aged malcontent? He's #4 on the depth chart. What in anything LJ has done in the last two years says he's a better option than Benson even for one play?

If Benson is out then LJ could potenially figure in but he signed for minimum for 7 weeks. There is no investment in him other than depth. Bernard Scott has shown more in a few runs this year than LJ has all season as the FT starter in KC.

You're pretty good at this. You should maybe take it up as a day job. :wacko:

as an owner my only concern is how the injury last week crushed me, and and how long he'll be out.

no way benson will be out played by lj. he's at a different place and has too much skill. lj is depth.

no doubt benson will have less touches when he returns, but not significantly (i.e. RBBC). HE'S the horse they are going to ride, but not AS hard now with an injury and both divisional threats swept. besides, i only need him through week 16. he'll rest in week 17

Edited by insideout33

For a guy that's been getting 25+ touches per game frequently, a few less may be a good thing. I'm obviously concerned with Benson's injury, but I have little doubt he'll be the guy when he returns.

I'm banking on Benson having something to prove when he returns for the Cleveland game and having a huge day.

Cincy is posturing for a playoff run based on ground control and deep strikes if needed. LJ is a perfect fit and a no brainer to add for their depth, especially now that CedBen is getting knicked up. Smart move not to rely on Scott alone.

This. I think they are erring on the side of caution with Benson to be sure he is healthy for a playoff run.

Also, I'm not convinced Scott will have the coming out party some think he will. I see it as a RBBC. While Scott is more capable of breaking a big run, Leonard will be a factor because he blocks very well and can catch out of the backfield. Leonard's had some big plays in close games that didn't show well in the stat sheet, but were big for keeping drives going. LJ might get 5 touches at best, but I'd say its more likely he won't see the field at all.

scott doesn't have the size step in for benson and do what he does. that offense is geared for a powerful runner who can hit the hole and run with force. scott is the change of pace and i think they would like to see him use his skills more on special teams. that leaves leonard and i don't believe they want to significant change the important role he plays. that leaves the team very vulnerable when benson goes down, so the signing of a back with some similar characteristics makes sense. he will spell benson which will keep him fresh and keep benson fresh. he also probably has a bit of a chip on his shoulder to make one last hurrah after the negative experience at kc, and that doesn't hurt either.