[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To Hell With Turkey

SheikYerbuti

I've decided. This is the year. I'm just not doing it. I'm not making a turkey on Thanksgiving.

Turkey is just a huge pain in the rear. The white and dark meat don't cook at the same rate, so one of them is always incorrect. It takes hours. Carving is a hastle. Dressing it for the oven is a pain. When it comes out you have to tent it for a half an hour, then break out the power tools to get it to the table.

This year I'm doing individual game hens and a glazed spiral ham. Plus all the sides (stuffing, sweet potato casserole, the ubiquitous green bean casserole, etc).

Anyone else want to join the anti-turkey revolution?

Nope! Not going down that path with you. I never really thought of the turkey as that big a deal. I mean yes there is plenty of prep that does not go into a normal meal but it is time for my family to get involved with the dinner and I love me some turkey.

:D love Turkey/dressing & gravy....leftovers are awesome.....after doin battle with the smoker all year a turkey is nothin.....i'm not a big chicken eater so with the smoker for somethun different i'd practice with turkey breast.....we'd shred it and basically all stand around the cuttin board and eat :D what's really been good is turkey noodle soup instead of chick......special place in Hell if ya boycott Sheik :wacko:

Ms Cid's cousin is hosting this year so I don't have to do one. However, I would never mess with the Thanksgiving turkey tradition. That's bad juju right there.

Ms Cid's cousin is hosting this year so I don't have to do one. However, I would never mess with the Thanksgiving turkey tradition. That's bad juju right there.

no chit.....real ta artifical Christmas tree was hard enough ta mess with and we're brack ta real....no bird is like no EGG for Unta :wacko:

thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.. been trying to get it off for a few months... not going to work out this year, but boss and i agreed to me doing a half day. we will be spending it with some very good friends.

before we decided to spend it with friends we were going to do all the fixin's at home but roast a chicken instead. frankly, turkey is further down my list for favorite fowl anyway. at least 5 others i prefer to it.

Thanksgiving isn't called "game hen day" or " ham day", it's Turkey Day. I'm like the kid's Dad on Christmas Story when it comes to the Thanksgiving turkey. Turkey sandwiches, turkey salad... gotta go with the turkey.

Turkey Salad? Explain...Pls...

I've decided. This is the year. I'm just not doing it. I'm not making a turkey on Thanksgiving.

Turkey is just a huge pain in the rear. The white and dark meat don't cook at the same rate, so one of them is always incorrect. It takes hours. Carving is a hastle. Dressing it for the oven is a pain. When it comes out you have to tent it for a half an hour, then break out the power tools to get it to the table.

This year I'm doing individual game hens and a glazed spiral ham. Plus all the sides (stuffing, sweet potato casserole, the ubiquitous green bean casserole, etc).

Anyone else want to join the anti-turkey revolution?

Personally, I'm all for skipping the big bird but my wife gets fired up for it every year, so I relent. Mind you, I'm usually in favor of a big pork roast and likely wouldn't go the small hen route.