[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slaton back as starter

Big Ernie McCracken

:wacko:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...ans+Football%29

He's been so tentetive this season and I think the extra weight took away som of zuzu. I was struggling between him and D.Williams in July, but thankfully got scared in August with the lack of preseason showing by the offense. I still thought he'd be solid and never expected he'd lose his job to Moats who has an average skill set.

Really rooting for this kid, and there is a real chance for this team to do some good with him, if he can correct the mistakes. The problem with fumbling is, to correct the issue, the back is forced to think about protecting the ball all the time, and that detracts from his normal reactions. I remember Peterson dealing with this last year, very frustrating for a while, and was an issue for both him and the team.

Really rooting for this kid, and there is a real chance for this team to do some good with him, if he can correct the mistakes. The problem with fumbling is, to correct the issue, the back is forced to think about protecting the ball all the time, and that detracts from his normal reactions. I remember Peterson dealing with this last year, very frustrating for a while, and was an issue for both him and the team.

Not to mention Tiki Barber ,, he was the poster child for RB's that fumbled but finally fixed the mechanics and went on to be one of the more reliable carries in the NFL

I am really rooting for him too considering he is on my dynasty league and I turned down an offer of 3 1st round picks for him last year

I picked up Moats and got offered Kevin Smith for him by the Slaton owner. Championship.

Im detecting some sarcasm there, but if Kevin Smith is what it takes to win a championship in your league, SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!

As a Slaton owner all I can say is THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

what a wild year in my ppr league, owning PT cruiser, slaton, mccoy and kev smith has been up and down...but maybe it's all coming together at the right time? After monday's game, slaton's schedule softens nicely, patient owners will reap the rewards...barring, you know, another fumble!

that sure didn't look like Slaton starting, though he did get the TD grab.

Kubiak is so...Shanahan. Chris Brown? Okay, at least Slaton got the TD and he is running like a man possessed. Or at least a man who lost his job and wants to get it back. :wacko: Running hard and clearly the most talented runner in a red shirt.

Kubiak is so...Shanahan. Chris Brown? Okay, at least Slaton got the TD and he is running like a man possessed. Or at least a man who lost his job and wants to get it back. :wacko: Running hard and clearly the most talented runner in a red shirt.

None of which will matter if he continues to fumble the ball ... the quickest way to lose your job is to put the ball on the carpet

What am I missing here?

Slat is at 7 YPC Brown is under 3 YPC.

The O is CLEARLY more explosive with Slat in there.

THIS IS CHRIS BROWN. HE IS AWFUL.

For all the knocking he has gotten, and rightfully so due to the fumbles, the guy has 7 TD's in less than 10 games now. AND he was benched in 1 game. And he didn't play a ton in their last game. Just saying...

But CHRIS BROWN.

Just give Slaton the ball please. Your O is MUCH better with him.

If he fumbles again send him home forever.

This is the kind of coaching that wants you to root for a team to lose so the coach gets canned.

Edited by giantsfan

No ypu are right. Let's keep giving Brown carries at less than 3 YPC.

If Houston had another solid option I don't think we'd feel this way. He is BY FAR their best RB.

Play him or just bench him.

But giving Brown all these carries.

I 1000000000000000000% guarantee when Brown is running the Tiitans are MUCH happier. It isn't even a question to me.

I don't own any Houston RBs in any league, but I'm curious as to why Moats isn't involved at all, whereas Chris Brown is dominating carries. I kind of figured the Texans would use a Slaton/Moats split tonight. :wacko:

Because I think Kubiak is saying which RB gives me THE WORST chance to win...or Brown has pictures on him...???

I mean give me ANY other possible reason. He is awful, and slow, and plodding right?

No ypu are right. Let's keep giving Brown carries at less than 3 YPC.

If Houston had another solid option I don't think we'd feel this way. He is BY FAR their best RB.

Play him or just bench him.

But giving Brown all these carries.

I 1000000000000000000% guarantee when Brown is running the Tiitans are MUCH happier. It isn't even a question to me.

I looked and you are right...why would the coach give the ball to a RB that is averaging just 3.1 YPC

Edited by keggerz

you know I looked and you are right...why would the coach give the ball to a RB that is averaging just 3.1 YPC

Do we need to do this again?

I am really not even discussing Slaton now.

CHRIS BROWN IS AWFUL.

Please stop it. If he was a decnt RB and was doing okay what could anyone say?

This is CHRIS BROWN.

Even the guys just said boy this O is a lot less explosive with Brown in there isn't it.

You don't think that makes the Titans happy when he is in?

Come on now dude.

Do we need to do this again?

I am really not even discussing Slaton now.

CHRIS BROWN IS AWFUL.

Please stop it. If he was a decnt RB and was doing okay what could anyone say?

This is CHRIS BROWN.

Even the guys just said boy this O is a lot less explosive with Brown in there isn't it.

You don't think that makes the Titans happy when he is in?

Come on now dude.

:D you commented asking why would the coach keep giving the ball to a RB running for less than 3 YPC

and I looked and I happen to agree with you :wacko:

I mean are you now saying that the coach should give the ball to the guy that has a 3.1 YPC?