[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slaton back as starter

Big Ernie McCracken

This Slaton/Moats/Brown thing is looking eerily similar to the Thomas/Bell/Bush thing in NO. I am officially washing my hands of all Texan RB's.

It's pretty clear that Slaton is the third down back.

Yup, that's what he was.

What a shocker they lost and only scored 17 pts. You mean making Chris Brown your main RB isn't good for your O? Wow who would have guessed it. He clearly scares the D so I don't understand it...

Play Moats more if you don't trust Slaton, but not Chris Brown.

Kubiak is a real good HC... :wacko:

Yup, that's what he was.

What a shocker they lost and only scored 17 pts. You mean making Chris Brown your main RB isn't good for your O? Wow who would have guessed it. He clearly scares the D so I don't understand it...

Play Moats more if you don't trust Slaton, but not Chris Brown.

Kubiak is a real good HC... :wacko:

With Slaton running effectively and hard in the first half he should have gotten the bulk of second half carries. Chris Brown didnt scare anyone. That loss is squarely on Kubiak's shoulders. Chris Brown was awful.

With Slaton running effectively and hard in the first half he should have gotten the bulk of second half carries. Chris Brown didnt scare anyone. That loss is squarely on Kubiak's shoulders. Chris Brown was awful.

To me this isn't even about Slaton anymore. It is about Chris Brown.

Again if Kubiak doesn't trust Slat okay I get it. BUT playing Brown over him? Come on you HAVE to be kidding me. At least play Moats.

Now it is CLEAR as day Slaton is their best option. BUT I think it is also just as clear that Brown is by far their worst option.

All I will say is this. How does Kubiak keep his job? They will miss the playoffs AGAIN. They have become a team that passes like 75% of the time. He plays CHRIS BROWN as his main RB. I just don't get it.

You don't trust Slaton at least play Moats. Brown is AWFUL.

Can't remember if it was Jaws or Gruden but... I thought the comment about how Jeff Fischer commented to one of them that during his film study, Fischer 'liked' some of the things he saw Chris Brown doing.

Then I thought that that is a genius move. Kind of like the Sicilian in Princess Bride. Praise the film study of the opposing team's worst player in hopes of psyching the opposing HC into using him. Kubiak FAIL.

Kubiak is such a moron, but i'm a biased Slaton owner:

Kubiak explained why Chris Brown saw so much playing time, and he didn't sound like he was going to change things again so soon. "We went back and studied ourselves," said Kubiak, referring to the bye week. "The times that we gave Chris opportunities in our offense, we were very impressed with what he had done. We played very clean football when he was in there. ... We played very clean from a standpoint of protecting the football throughout the game. He was excellent in protections. He picked up about two or three safety blitzes that gave us chances to make plays. We felt like he needed to be more involved with what we were doing, so that was the rotation that we decided to go with."

Impressed? season long run of 13 yds with an Forte like 3.3 yds/ carry. Kubiak forgets about Brown fumbling at the goaline and getting stuffed at the end of 2 games this year?

maybe if he used his playmakers more he wouldnt have to settle with 49 yard field goals to tie each week.

Kubiak is such a moron, but i'm a biased Slaton owner:

Kubiak explained why Chris Brown saw so much playing time, and he didn't sound like he was going to change things again so soon. "We went back and studied ourselves," said Kubiak, referring to the bye week. "The times that we gave Chris opportunities in our offense, we were very impressed with what he had done. We played very clean football when he was in there. ... We played very clean from a standpoint of protecting the football throughout the game. He was excellent in protections. He picked up about two or three safety blitzes that gave us chances to make plays. We felt like he needed to be more involved with what we were doing, so that was the rotation that we decided to go with."

Impressed? season long run of 13 yds with an Forte like 3.3 yds/ carry. Kubiak forgets about Brown fumbling at the goaline and getting stuffed at the end of 2 games this year?

maybe if he used his playmakers more he wouldnt have to settle with 49 yard field goals to tie each week.

The bolded part is probably a HUGH part of it...not being able to pickup the blitz is a key reason many young RBs don't make it on the field much

well that and the fumbles.

Edited by keggerz

Well two things stick out in my mind. 1) Schaub targetted Johnson 11 times but only connected 4 times. Clearly Tennessee had no respect for Chris Brown and the playaction pass. They hit one big play to Johnson all game.

2)Tennessee rarely blitzes. They use their front 4 for pressure. So what if Brown can pick up a safety blitz that rarely comes?

What I've seen is 2 games without Slaton, 17 points per game. Not good enough. Defenses have to respect Slaton's game-breaking ability in the run game and I hope he improves picking up blitz assignments because his presence can open up big plays downfield. I just think Kubiak hasn't regained confidence with the fumbling yet.

But if they fall to 5-6, will it really matter anymore??

The bolded part is probably a HUGH part of it...not being able to pickup the blitz is a key reason many young RBs don't make it on the field much

well that and the fumbles.

Clearly you have some issue with Slaton, which is fine obviously, but please be real about this whole thing in general.

Kubiak also mentioned how he isn't down on Slaton and how he picks up the blitz well as well.

But as I mentioned above this isn't about Slaton anymore. This is about Brown. If you don't trust Slaton okay I get it. Move on from him. But playing awful Chris Brown?

Do you think that in the two games against real D's (I will NOT count Buff which by the way was Moats not Brown further proving my point) that them scoring 17 points in each without Slaton in there full time is just a coincidence?

To me it just cannot be argued that the O is MUCH better with Slaton in there. And I will say MUCH better with Moats in there over Brown as well.

BUT even if you wanted to debate that with me. Or say who cares he fumbles away anything he adds overall. Even if you were able to get me to agree with you, I will still say 100% that Brown is by far their worst option. Play Moats if you don't trust Slaton. But playing awful Chris Brown is a HUGE mistake for this team and O in general.

What also makes me scratch my head is why come out and make Slaton the "starter" if he really wasn't going to be anything more than a 3rd down back? Now we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but that seems a little disingenuous to me.

AND Moats, whom he loved two weeks ago, doesn't get on the field AT ALL in favor of Brown? How is that right?

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE ON BROWN that he plays over Slaton AND Moats.

Come on. This to me just sealed Kubiak's fate unless this team somehow gets into the playoffs, which is VERY unlikely at 5-6.

Well two things stick out in my mind. 1) Schaub targetted Johnson 11 times but only connected 4 times. Clearly Tennessee had no respect for Chris Brown and the playaction pass. They hit one big play to Johnson all game.

2)Tennessee rarely blitzes. They use their front 4 for pressure. So what if Brown can pick up a safety blitz that rarely comes?

What I've seen is 2 games without Slaton, 17 points per game. Not good enough. Defenses have to respect Slaton's game-breaking ability in the run game and I hope he improves picking up blitz assignments because his presence can open up big plays downfield. I just think Kubiak hasn't regained confidence with the fumbling yet.

But if they fall to 5-6, will it really matter anymore??

Wait, you don't think Tenn had respect for slow, plodding, awful Chris Brown...why not... :wacko: