[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Defensive roster moves to minimize damage

Mixmasterjeff

I'm currently leading by 35.5 points with my kicker yet to play. My opponent has Slaton and Andre Johnson. A win gets me the division and a 1st round bye.

Anybody ever make roster moves to counter a h2h opponent? I purposely dropped Ten's kicker and picked up Kris Brown yesterday to try and counter Hou offensive production. I figure that drops any Slaton/Johnson TD down to 5 points. I'm on the fence about weather this is a good play or not but if the game happened to be a blow out it just might push me over the edge.

I've made similar moves in the past, matching my Qb with my opponents WR, even if it was not the best match-up.

Anybody here ever make similar moves??

You should always start the players you believe will score the most points REGARDLESS of whom your opponent might or might not be starting. You should set your lineup without even considering the players on your opponent's roster.

As far as attempting to churn the waiver wire defensively ... I have never really found this to be a viable strategy.