[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bulger out 3-6 weeks

STL Fan

He has a fracture in his knee, at the upper part of his shinbone. Or he sprained his vag - one of the two. Either way, if you were depending on him, shame on you.

Link

As pathetic as he is, he's better than Boller. I think it might hurt Jackson a little - and those desperate enough to have/start Avery.

I'm not so sure it negatively affects Avery. One thing Boller has that Bulger absolutely does not have is arm strength. Avery has been stuck running underneath stuff because Bulger literally can't throw the ball deep enough for him to just take off.

poopy. We start two QB's in my league and there is literally nothing on the wire. poopy.

Kyle Boller (or should I say Mr. Carrie Prejean) come on down!

I'm not so sure it negatively affects Avery. One thing Boller has that Bulger absolutely does not have is arm strength. Avery has been stuck running underneath stuff because Bulger literally can't throw the ball deep enough for him to just take off.

So he can do it figuratively then?

Besides arm strength doesn't matter when you have the accuracy of Jomama Russell.

So he can do it figuratively then?

Besides arm strength doesn't matter when you have the accuracy of Jomama Russell.

I didn't say "he can't literally throw the ball. . ." I said "he literally can't throw the ball . . ." and it was used perfectly correctly. Thanks for the attempted grammar lesson, though.

SJax & Brandon Gibson owner here... I have to admit, I am a bit worried about how this impacts the offense...even SJax. I know Bulger has been horrible the past few years, but this year, he seemed to be at least capable of picking up first downs to sustain drives, thus more touches for SJax.

I picked up Gibson off waivers last week (12 team redraft, .5 PPR).. It's not like I was counting on him as anything other than depth. I wonder if he worked quite a bit w/ Boller the past few weeks since he was acquired in the trade w/ Philly........

SJax & Brandon Gibson owner here... I have to admit, I am a bit worried about how this impacts the offense...even SJax. I know Bulger has been horrible the past few years, but this year, he seemed to be at least capable of picking up first downs to sustain drives, thus more touches for SJax.

I picked up Gibson off waivers last week (12 team redraft, .5 PPR).. It's not like I was counting on him as anything other than depth. I wonder if he worked quite a bit w/ Boller the past few weeks since he was acquired in the trade w/ Philly........

Watching every single snap as a long-suffering fan, I really disagree with your assessment of Bulger this year. He has been as awful this season as last if not worse. His O-line is getting better all the time and his young receivers are getting more comfortable and he is still embarassingly bad. At last check, he was 36th in the league in QB rating, which means at least four NFL backups have better ratings. He had one decent game (New Orleans) where he approached mediocrity.

That said, I'm not sure Boller offers anything other than a different way to suck. He has a much stronger arm and a much better pocket presence, but he has no touch. He's also much more mobile than Bulger. I think the effect on SJax could actually be positive because defenses will at least have to respect the possibility of the deep ball. They have been stacking the hell out of the box against Bulger because he scares NO ONE down the field. As for the effect on Avery and Gibson, who knows, but he is at least capable of throwing the deep ball, so that could be good.

Watching every single snap as a long-suffering fan, I really disagree with your assessment of Bulger this year. He has been as awful this season as last if not worse. His O-line is getting better all the time and his young receivers are getting more comfortable and he is still embarassingly bad. At last check, he was 36th in the league in QB rating, which means at least four NFL backups have better ratings. He had one decent game (New Orleans) where he approached mediocrity.

That said, I'm not sure Boller offers anything other than a different way to suck. He has a much stronger arm and a much better pocket presence, but he has no touch. He's also much more mobile than Bulger. I think the effect on SJax could actually be positive because defenses will at least have to respect the possibility of the deep ball. They have been stacking the hell out of the box against Bulger because he scares NO ONE down the field. As for the effect on Avery and Gibson, who knows, but he is at least capable of throwing the deep ball, so that could be good.

I am convinced if Bluger was not our QB, we would still have Holt. I attended a LOT of games last year and Holt was open most of the time, but for some inexplicable reason Bulger wouldn't throw to him, always checking down to the others. Same thing seems to be happening to Avery this year.

Probably had to do with arm strength.

We can only go up from here, IMHO. I just hope Jackson makes it through the season without wearing down too much.

My bad, misread it.

Good luck getting Staniford next year. :wacko:

People around here are actually talking about getting a journeyman QB in the offseason and drafting at other positions because there aren't any QB's in college that are blowing people away. It's an interesting strategy. Culpepper? Garcia? Even Vick? All these have been discussed on local talk radio.