[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Survivor Pools...

FWmaker

I'm still alive after week 11 with one other participant. 25 started in the pool.

Anyone else still alive at this point?

My picks thus far:

1 (Sep 8)  	Baltimore over Kansas City  	Correct  	BAL 38, KAN 24	-2 (Sep 15) 	Washington over St. Louis 	Correct 	WAS 9, STL 7	-3 (Sep 22) 	New York (NYG) over Tampa Bay 	Correct 	NYG 24, TAM 0	-4 (Sep 29) 	San Francisco over St. Louis 	Correct 	SFO 35, STL 0	-5 (Oct 6) 	Philadelphia over Tampa Bay 	Correct 	PHI 33, TAM 14	-6 (Oct 13) 	Jacksonville over St. Louis 	Correct 	JAC 23, STL 20	-7 (Oct 20) 	Indianapolis over St. Louis 	Correct 	IND 42, STL 6	-8 (Oct 27) 	Chicago over Cleveland  	Correct 	CHI 30, CLE 6	-9 (Nov 3) 	Atlanta over Washington 	Correct 	ATL 31, WAS 17	-10 (Nov 10) 	Minnesota over Detroit    	Correct 	MIN 27, DET 10	-11 (Nov 17) 	Arizona over St. Louis 	        Correct 	ARI 21, STL 13

Teams still available for me to pick from:

BUF, CAR, CIN, CLE, DAL, DEN, DET,

GNB, HOU, KCC, MIA, NOR, NWE, NYJ,

OAK, PIT, SDC, SEA, STL, TAM, TEN

Could go CIN v Cle, DAL v OAK, or SDC v KCC this week.

Again, anyone else still alive?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also alive with some teams to choose from:

For you, I would go Dallas at home....Just an opinion...

1 (Sep 8) Baltimore over Kansas City Correct BAL 38, KAN 24 -

2 (Sep 15) Minnesota over Detroit Correct MIN 27, DET 13 -

3 (Sep 22) New York (NYG) over Tampa Bay Correct NYG 24, TAM 0 -

4 (Sep 29) Indianapolis over Seattle Correct IND 34, SEA 17 -

5 (Oct 6) Philadelphia over Tampa Bay Correct PHI 33, TAM 14 -

6 (Oct 13) Pittsburgh over Cleveland Correct PIT 27, CLE 14 -

7 (Oct 20) New England over Tampa Bay Correct NWE 35, TAM 7 -

8 (Oct 27) Chicago over Cleveland Correct CHI 30, CLE 6 -

9 (Nov 3) Atlanta over Washington Correct ATL 31, WAS 17 -

10 (Nov 10) New Orleans over St. Louis Correct NOR 28, STL 23 -

11 (Nov 17) Arizona over St. Louis Correct ARI 21, STL 13

I still have Cincy, Dallas, San Diego to choose this week....

What does everyone think?

I'm still alive after week 11 with one other participant. 25 started in the pool.

Anyone else still alive at this point?

My picks thus far:

1 (Sep 8)  	Baltimore over Kansas City  	Correct  	BAL 38, KAN 24	-2 (Sep 15) 	Washington over St. Louis 	Correct 	WAS 9, STL 7	-3 (Sep 22) 	New York (NYG) over Tampa Bay 	Correct 	NYG 24, TAM 0	-4 (Sep 29) 	San Francisco over St. Louis 	Correct 	SFO 35, STL 0	-5 (Oct 6) 	Philadelphia over Tampa Bay 	Correct 	PHI 33, TAM 14	-6 (Oct 13) 	Jacksonville over St. Louis 	Correct 	JAC 23, STL 20	-7 (Oct 20) 	Indianapolis over St. Louis 	Correct 	IND 42, STL 6	-8 (Oct 27) 	Chicago over Cleveland  	Correct 	CHI 30, CLE 6	-9 (Nov 3) 	Atlanta over Washington 	Correct 	ATL 31, WAS 17	-10 (Nov 10) 	Minnesota over Detroit    	Correct 	MIN 27, DET 10	-11 (Nov 17) 	Arizona over St. Louis 	        Correct 	ARI 21, STL 13

Teams still available for me to pick from:

BUF, CAR, CIN, CLE, DAL, DEN, DET,

GNB, HOU, KCC, MIA, NOR, NWE, NYJ,

OAK, PIT, SDC, SEA, STL, TAM, TEN

Could go CIN v Cle, DAL v OAK, or SDC v KCC this week.

Again, anyone else still alive?

:wacko: Sorry Big john, I was simply saying that the Rams did not Suck....Maybe I should not have been more specific.....I am going with the Cowboys becasuse I do not see them being able to be used later, I could use the Bengals in week 16 at home against the Chiefs and San Diego next week against the Browns......

Any other opinions?

:wacko: Sorry Big john, I was simply saying that the Rams did not Suck....Maybe I should not have been more specific.....I am going with the Cowboys becasuse I do not see them being able to be used later, I could use the Bengals in week 16 at home against the Chiefs and San Diego next week against the Browns......

Any other opinions?

Sluggo - are you really saying that the Rams do not suck???

If that's your take on it, let me know when the post-concussion syndrome clears up. :D

But, then again, everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

I was going to go with cincy but now I may save them and go with Seattle @ st louis. Bulger is out and st. louis sucks to begin with.

This one is dangerous. If St. Louis plays the way they did against NO, they will beat Seattle. They could go out and get pounded, as well, but I believe Boller is actually a mild upgrade to Bulger.

Edited by STL Fan

I apologize for saying that the Rams suck. But they are not very good and are hurting even worse without their QB.

Oh, the Rams still most definitely suck, but as I said, they may be better off with Bulger out.

Yeah, my head cleared up a bit, the only person on that team that scares me, and it could be 14-10 game, would be Steven Jax.....Look over the last two years how he finishes the season.....He is a beast! Even after being hurt and coming back, he continued to pile up the points in the last couple years at the end of the season....

Also, Seattle has not been playing well either....

Still going. Actually, 4 of 12 contestants are still hanging around in my pool. Surprised no one lost in this past week of upsets. Guy who took DAL flirted with it. Here's my track record. I had to make late Sunday or Monday night picks a couple times early in the season due to my drug history, I mean my bad memory.

1- NEP

2- IND

3- BAL

4- NYG

5- PHI

6- GBP

7- NYJ

8- CHI

9- JAC

10- ARI

11- MIN

Some things I've learned over the years is I never want to go up against a new QB in a survivor pool...not much game film and it changes the dynamics for the offense. Too much uncertainty as the opponent's defense will tend to base it's strategy on the old offense. That is why I wouldn't touch the Seattle-St. Louis game this week.

The Seahawks should win but still, they just aren't that good, especially on the road (0-5 this year so far)...

Chiefs knocked me out this week. F'n Steelers! Went to the rail with Indy and NE in my pocket. :wacko:

This is why my personal philosophy is that you never try to "save" a team for later. Take your best matchup every week and let next week handle itself. It's crazy to go down with Indy and NE still on your bench. For the record, I'm still in it this year, and in five pools over three years, i've won twice and finished second once.

This is why my personal philosophy is that you never try to "save" a team for later. Take your best matchup every week and let next week handle itself. It's crazy to go down with Indy and NE still on your bench.

It was actually just coincidence that I still had NE and Indy. Wasn't saving them at all. I took the best match-up for 10 weeks in a row. The best match-up in Week 11 was PIT-KC. Just didn't happen. But thanks for the sage advice.