[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Taylor

mroban

Is there any chance Fred Taylor comes back to further muddle up the Patriots backfield? I have Maroney and Morris and things will be muddled enough after this week (I think). Just deciding whether or not I should use one of my roster spots to pick up Fred Taylor which I could use for an extra TE or a sleeper like Jennings on the Browns.

If Taylor came back healthy would he be a 12-15 carry guy again in New England? Or is he basically done for the year barring emergency? Maroney looks mediocre but is getting the job done more or less. Sammy Morris looked great before the injury. I have Slaton and Moreno too and need to firm things up for the playoffs. Too much uncertainty at RB for me.

I did a little searching on various web sites including Patriots.com and could find ZERO info on any kind on how Taylor's recovery is proceeding ... that's not to say there is no news to be had, just that I did not find it ... but the glaring lack of readily available news on Taylor's rehab would make me think that there is no real reason to believe (at this stage) that he'll actually be back before most FF seasons are over.

FWIW.

really hasn't been much talk or reporting on his return up here in these parts...

although i did hear one blurb on talk radio today saying something about Morris being very close

to returning and Taylor still a ways away.

if it were me, i would look elsewhere to help sure up your RB situation.

Even if he does come back, i can't imagine he would be the player he was

before the injury...it would be a stretch to expect much ff production out of him

with the RBBC of Maroney, Morris, Faulk and Green-Ellis

I'm a Morris owner and I'm hoping either him or Julius Jones will be healthy and contributing for the fantasy playoffs.

Everything I have read has made it sound like Morris will be back this week, Fred Taylor will be back for the Pats but not until after the fantasy season is complete.