[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woodson is DPOY

CaptainHook

I've not seen this posted before, but maybe I just missed it ... in any event, seems he does good things off the field as well:

By LARRY LAGE AP Sports Writer Updated: November 26, 2009, 3:48 PM Charles Woodson wants to be known as more than a football player.

Donating $2 million to the new University of Michigan Mott Children's Hospital and Women's Hospital gives him a chance to do that.

The school announced Woodson's gift on Thanksgiving before he played for the Green Bay Packers against the Detroit Lions. The money will support pediatric research by The Charles Woodson Clinical Research Fund in the $754-million, 1.1-million square foot hospital scheduled to open in 2012...

Who's the competition?

Jared Allen has 10.5 sacks, 2 ints, 1 td, 1 safety.

Darren Sharper has 7 ints for 317 yds and 3 tds.

Elvis Dumervil has 12 sacks for the fading Broncos.

Any other candidates?

I've not seen this posted before, but maybe I just missed it ... in any event, seems he does good things off the field as well:

By LARRY LAGE AP Sports Writer Updated: November 26, 2009, 3:48 PM Charles Woodson wants to be known as more than a football player.

Donating $2 million to the new University of Michigan Mott Children's Hospital and Women's Hospital gives him a chance to do that.

The school announced Woodson's gift on Thanksgiving before he played for the Green Bay Packers against the Detroit Lions. The money will support pediatric research by The Charles Woodson Clinical Research Fund in the $754-million, 1.1-million square foot hospital scheduled to open in 2012...

Wasn't posted anywhere in here but the fox pregame show did a whole story on it today before the game...the hospital's lobby is gonna be named "The Charles Woodson" lobby...great guy on and off the field

Read that this morning as well. Very nice. :D for Charles Woodson! IMO, we dont hear enough about when players do good stuff like this. I guess good deeds dont sell as well as moranic and/or nefarious ones :wacko:

Read that this morning as well. Very nice. :D for Charles Woodson! IMO, we dont hear enough about when players do good stuff like this. I guess good deeds dont sell as well as moranic and/or nefarious ones :wacko:
During the pregame segment that 85thatstright10 mentioned, they said that they basically had to beg Woodson to do an interview about the donation. He didn't want the donation or the visits that he does to the hospital to be in the news. It wouldn't surprise me if there were many other similar actions, maybe not to same amount, by other players that never make the news.

During the pregame segment that 85thatstright10 mentioned, they said that they basically had to beg Woodson to do an interview about the donation. He didn't want the donation or the visits that he does to the hospital to be in the news. It wouldn't surprise me if there were many other similar actions, maybe not to same amount, by other players that never make the news.

If that's the case, I would certainly accomodate his wishes as much as possible. He's earned it in this case. Same with anyone else who would like to keep it quiet. My commentary was more a shot to those athletes that cant seem to behave themselves and the "media" who attach themselves like barnacles to the idiocy of these fools and then try to pass their coverage/rubbish as actual news.

Quick question... what would get more air time on ESPN...Charles Woodson donating $2mill for a hospital or if Charles Woodson got a DUI and/or slapped his old lady around? How sad is that? :wacko: