[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BAD BEATS

franchizetag

in WCOFF, we lost a game by 0.1 points, or 1 yard. our opponent had adrian peterson on monday night, we were done. peterson got exactly 1 more yard than he needed to. at the end of the game, he was stopped for no gain on three of his final five carries -- if any of those were for a loss, we could've won (depending on tie-breaker). that was pretty much our whole season in a nutshell for our WCOFF team.

This thread reminded me of what I would have to think is the worst way to lose a fantasy football game in history...in the playoffs no less. In my local, there is a yards per carry bonus. If your player averages 4.3 per carry for a game, you get 4.3 points. It is awarded regardless of position, as long as the player carries the ball five times in a game.

So the Monday night game is about over, and I'm ahead by 2.4 points, and my opponent has Ben Roethlisberger, and the Steelers are simply going to take a knee, so Ben certainly won't be throwing the ball anymore, so I'm safe. I start celebrating, thinking I'm in the finals as well as the money, right?? Well, Ben proceeds to kneel twice, giving him his fifth carry, and awarding him 2.6 yards per carry bonus points.

My fantasy football season was put to an end because a quarterback took a knee. A freakin' kneel down. The victory play. I have to think I am the only person in the history of fantasy football this has ever happened to.

When Mike Bell got hurt on the second to last play of the game (for the Saints O), Pierre Thomas had to come in for one run before the punt. The 5 yards he gained cost me the win by .03.

This one's my favorite so far. But they all make me feel a wee bit better.

Why do we put ourselves through this?

after winning my local for two years straight, i'm 2-10 this year.

didn't have the greatest draft but still have some decent players.

most humiliating loss was week 6 when Brady put up 55 points, Heath Miller 14 and the GB D 21

and i still lost by 19 points.

my 2 wins?.....week 3 when my opponent for some strange reason didn't set his lineup

and week 4 when i 'beat' the loud mouth commish (good dude) by 2.15 points.

this week and next, i'm playing to get out of the basement...... :wacko:

This thread reminded me of what I would have to think is the worst way to lose a fantasy football game in history...in the playoffs no less. In my local, there is a yards per carry bonus. If your player averages 4.3 per carry for a game, you get 4.3 points. It is awarded regardless of position, as long as the player carries the ball five times in a game.

So the Monday night game is about over, and I'm ahead by 2.4 points, and my opponent has Ben Roethlisberger, and the Steelers are simply going to take a knee, so Ben certainly won't be throwing the ball anymore, so I'm safe. I start celebrating, thinking I'm in the finals as well as the money, right?? Well, Ben proceeds to kneel twice, giving him his fifth carry, and awarding him 2.6 yards per carry bonus points.

My fantasy football season was put to an end because a quarterback took a knee. A freakin' kneel down. The victory play. I have to think I am the only person in the history of fantasy football this has ever happened to.

I lost on a Vince Young kneel-down in about 2006 or so. I was ahead by 1 point and he takes a knee, which is a carry and a one-yard loss, which drops his rushing total below a bonus level (I believe it dropped him below 100 yards) and I lose. I didn't know it until the next day when my opponent called me to gloat.

Where to begin...

This year it had to be Week 8 with Owen Daniels doing his best Deuce McAllister impersonation while MSW pulls a Tiger Woods and gets deactivated while I'm nowhere near a computer! Thanks to both I lose by a few pts to the dude who now owns the H2H tie breaker over me even though I've outscored him by 142 pts this year...But hey, I'm not bitter or anything...