[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our commish switched out Michael Turner for Fred Jackson in the MIDDLE of the game!

euphy

He said that he was at his daughter's ballet or something along those lines. BUT wanted to make the switch to Jackson before the game ever started, but he didn't have access to a computer. He text a few of his friends in the league of the change. So as soon as he got home (which was like middle of the third quarter), he made the switch. And get this... he wins by 10 points. If Turner was in there, he would have lost.

Now the league is saying it's BULL$hit, and etc. But he's not going to change his guys and so on and so on. He said he text a couple of guys, text are there as proof that he wanted to make the change. Owners are demanding their money back. And some have said they are going to punch the dude in the face and etc if they don't get their money back.

I myself am out of the playoff hunt, and don't care. Don't think it's right, but should I get my money back as well? I'm currently 4-8.

It's very chaotic right now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a quick post from someone in the league.

"This commish sucks balls. same with this league. when I wore my first dress this

poopy. this is the man up league not the "my mom still does

my laundry league". IF he can't setup his team like everyone

else he shouldn't be in it. There's a reason why its locked

after people play. I could care less about some text msg.

The guy has all week to set his line up and he doesn't. when I wore my first dress

that poopy. Why don't you send everyone your number so we can

text you our line up then? That way we can make some bull

poopy assessment. That conversation lacks complete context

anyway. I text nga's all the time about wantin to change my

line up but i don't cuz most of the time its insane anyway.

This is when I wore my first dressin wack. nga has chris johnson and still can't

win fairly. collusion. favoritism. whatever you wanna call

it. the guy didn't have his lineup changed before the

deadline."

Ha ha!

What do the league rules say about this situation (if anything)? I'm guessing there probably is no provision for someone alerting members of the league of a lineup change when away from the computer. This guy needs to take the higher road and put Turner back in there and take the L unless he followed league rules allowing him to make such a change. I'm guessing he didn't.

He did not.

It has playoff ramifications. A ton of teams are 6-6 or 7-5 right now. So I can see why the league would be mad, but to threaten someone over FF? That's so stupid.

If I did something like that, I would get punched dead in the face in my local. I would prob take the punch, but of course I would never do that poopy.

What do the league rules say about this situation (if anything)? I'm guessing there probably is no provision for someone alerting members of the league of a lineup change when away from the computer. This guy needs to take the higher road and put Turner back in there and take the L unless he followed league rules allowing him to make such a change. I'm guessing he didn't.

No provision about it.

Commish isn't changing it either.

*** A chair has just been thrown ***

Another one just came in, our commish tried to defend himself and one of the guys said this:

"I'll make you cry in about 3 seconds you want to be militant

black panther.What you call "crying" I just called him out

again. What''s your idea of manning up getting your ass

kicked and then pissed on?"

:D

To be honest, if he couldn't get to the computer and texted several members BEFORE the lineup deadline that he was going to make a change... I don't really see why he is at fault.

Those owners need to come forward and post the timestamps and the messages obviously, but otherwise... :wacko:

To be honest, if he couldn't get to the computer and texted several members BEFORE the lineup deadline that he was going to make a change... I don't really see why he is at fault.

Those owners need to come forward and post the timestamps and the messages obviously, but otherwise... :wacko:

Already posted the the pictures of the timestamps and dates and etc. The text came in at 11:07AM. But do you think those guys come forward IF Turner had 3 TDs and wasn't hurt?

+1. If that's the case his non-access to the pc shouldn't be the overriding factor.

As a fellow commish, if I get into a church or out of town and driving home Sunday morning bind I have a co-commish that I run stuff like that by. Sounds like he was doing that. If the other guy vouches for him it is legit. If anyone else wants to make a stink I always offer up my commish duties and that shuts them up pretty quick.

I admit that he shouldn't do it but as a commish you know that he does more than most for the league. If he texted others he was doing what he could. If you had the same issue you'd contact the commish. He was doing what he could.

If I did something like that, I would get punched dead in the face in my local. I would prob take the punch, but of course I would never do that poopy.

Luckily most the guys in my league are smaller than me. I guess I'm weird but if a couple of credible sources show their text messages, than why would it be such a big deal. :wacko: I'd just expect the points to have been changed if the rolls were reversed and the player he said he would put in had gotten a lower score. I've know most the guys in my main league for a long time so unless there is some history of this guy being shady, it's kind of weird to have this much uproar about it. I don't light my cigars with 200 dollar bills or anything :D but it isn't huge money to start fights over. That might just be me though. I guess I only play in leagues (where the majority of the owners are) people I've known for a long time (and I'm big enough to take most of them as well :D )

As a fellow commish, if I get into a church or out of town and driving home Sunday morning bind I have a co-commish that I run stuff like that by. Sounds like he was doing that. If the other guy vouches for him it is legit. If anyone else wants to make a stink I always offer up my commish duties and that shuts them up pretty quick.

I admit that he shouldn't do it but as a commish you know that he does more than most for the league. If he texted others he was doing what he could. If you had the same issue you'd contact the commish. He was doing what he could.

Can you pass commish duties off on CBS Sportsline?

He said that he was at his daughter's ballet or something along those lines. BUT wanted to make the switch to Jackson before the game ever started, but he didn't have access to a computer. He text a few of his friends in the league of the change. So as soon as he got home (which was like middle of the third quarter), he made the switch. And get this... he wins by 10 points. If Turner was in there, he would have lost.

Now the league is saying it's BULL$hit, and etc. But he's not going to change his guys and so on and so on. He said he text a couple of guys, text are there as proof that he wanted to make the change. Owners are demanding their money back. And some have said they are going to punch the dude in the face and etc if they don't get their money back.

I myself am out of the playoff hunt, and don't care. Don't think it's right, but should I get my money back as well? I'm currently 4-8.

It's very chaotic right now.

This is a really bad situation. Its hard to tell because some things are out of context. If he indeed texted a few guys in the league that might exhonerate him - but really he had to email his opponent AND call him.

In our league (of which I am the commissioner), I have two deputy commissioners. I copy them on any email I send to any player in the leauge to make sure any decisions I make are backed up (and always discuss them first with the deputy commissioners). in this instance, I would have emailed and called my opponent while copying both the deputy commissioners (and calling them both as well) to avoid this problem.

The Golden Rule in our league is that it has to be Fun and Fair AT ALL COSTS. Meaning, that we err on the side of fairness and fun and no amount of cheating or bad behavior is tolerated because we know it will sink the league.

Seems like this guy handled the situation poorly and most importantly didnt properly alert his opponent. Seems pretty logical that you would contact your opponent in such a circumstance right? thats what makes this VERY fishy to me. You can doctor your phone's time to make it look like you sent a text earlier than you actually did.

To me, if the opponent was never contacted, it shouldnt stand and the league is correct for calling bullpoopy on it. Especially if the other two guys he "texted" are his homies. They easily could be in cahoots so it means nothing to me.

Im throwing the flag. :wacko:

Luckily most the guys in my league are smaller than me. I guess I'm weird but if a couple of credible sources show their text messages, than why would it be such a big deal. :wacko: I'd just expect the points to have been changed if the rolls were reversed and the player he said he would put in had gotten a lower score. I've know most the guys in my main league for a long time so unless there is some history of this guy being shady, it's kind of weird to have this much uproar about it. I don't light my cigars with 200 dollar bills or anything :D but it isn't huge money to start fights over. That might just be me though. I guess I only play in leagues (where the majority of the owners are) people I've known for a long time (and I'm big enough to take most of them as well :D )

The text messages were to his brother, and best friend. And his best friend traded him DeAngelo Williams for Braylon Edwards which many people saw as lopsided.