[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our commish switched out Michael Turner for Fred Jackson in the MIDDLE of the game!

euphy

:D

To be honest, if he couldn't get to the computer and texted several members BEFORE the lineup deadline that he was going to make a change... I don't really see why he is at fault.Those owners need to come forward and post the timestamps and the messages obviously, but otherwise... :wacko:

so lemme get this straight....the guy has a questionable-at-best Turner in his lineup all week, gets word Sunday morning that he's actually active, then decides to switch him out? :D

Dude had all week to put Jackson in....its his own fault his lineup isn't correct.

In a league I commish, I granted Commissioner priviledges to an owner i knew was going to be near a computer Sunday while I was at the Eagles game. I wanted to be able to call or text him any changes to my team (I have both Jackson and Benson) should I want to make them. :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you pass commish duties off on CBS Sportsline?

On my 2 sportsline leagues I'm just a player but I'm sure the commish could do that. I know on MFL you just designate a franchise that can login with commish duties or actually just log in as commish.

On my 2 sportsline leagues I'm just a player but I'm sure the commish could do that. I know on MFL you just designate a franchise that can login with commish duties or actually just log in as commish.

Ya sir? We're in a pay one. To determine our commish we voted. The commish got 5 votes. I'm sure 2 came from his brother and best bud.

I really don't have a problem with it UNLESS those that he texted were not in the league and/or just friends of his - or if he has been shady in the past. It would be too easy to send tose texts and tell the guys to show them if he wants, otherwise delete them. As a commish, I've often had people call me with switches at the last minute when I'm not near a computer and can't make the switch until during/after the game, but I always call the opponent and let him/her know. Also, i'm a trustworthy guy. :wacko:

As for you, with reactions like that, I would definitely not be back next year.

**** celebration **** **** celebration **** **** celebration **** **** celebration ****

We all got our money back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my 4-8 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooler heads prevailed, league thinks hes wrong, he and his friends thinks hes right. And the guy who has the most to gain 11-1 and has said nothing all year told the commish and league to give everyone their money back.... league is finished.

11-1 guy had Matt Schaub as QB, RB Chris Johnson, RB Adrian Peterson, WR Vincent Jackson, WR Hines Ward, TE Dallas Clark, FLEX Thomas Jones / Sidney Rice / Brent Celek

Wow the 11-1 guy must be rich!

If I had something I had to do on a sunday morning and needed to make a switch, I would alert the commish. If I was the commish and had something to do but needed to make a switch, I would text a few people in the league, probably including my opponent, unless I don't have his number on me. If it was done in good faith I don't see the problem. It happens. It was his daughter's freaking ballet, I mean, come on. Is it that difficult to put yourself in his shoes? It could happen to any of us, and many of us have problably done the same thing. Guys in your league are whining for the sake of whining.

There can be no grey area when it comes to a cutoff time for switching players. IMO, once the games start, a player cannot be changed. Tough poopy if you weren't by a computer when the games started. In this particular case, it wasn't a gameday inactive that caused the commish to want to make the change. While at his childs ballet on Sunday morning he all of the sudden decided he wanted to replace Turner?

I went on my honeymoon last year and knew I wouldn't have access to a computer. I left a buddy w/ instructions on how to handle the 2 questionable players on my squad and enjoyed my time in St. Barths. If the commish truly wanted to change a player and didn't have a backup plan or get in touch with a buddy, that's just poor managing, which is part of the game IMO.

This is particularly fishy to me given the timing and players involved. Turner was questionable leading into Sunday (gametime decision). Jackson, if the guy was thinking about playin, he should have been in the lineup already with Turner being the "option". By 11am, I believe Turner was "starting" and , given the matchups, would not have been taken out of the game for Fred Jackson...at least not by me. What changed Sunday morning before 11am that would have told this guy Turner wasn't a good play?

That said, Jackson did most of his damage in the 4th quarter which was after this guy made the change.

I'd be pretty upset given he only sent the text to one guy, his brother and friend. This guy might not come clean if Turner would have gotten off to a good start and the commish decided not to "honor" his text.

This annoyed the poopy outta me just reading. This commish is a d*ouche. If he couldn't figure out why this would cause a problem in the league he's a freaking moron and shouldn't ever have taken on handling the league.

He should have taken it on the chin and took the loss, whether is was legit or bullpoopy (which I think the later). As soon as he tried this poopy it told you he can't ever be trusted in the future

Edited by fourthandinches24

You have to set your lineup beforehand. NO MATTER WHAT

This argument has no validity :wacko: whatsoever.

I COULD EASILY BE COLLUDING IN MY LEAGUE IF I USED THIS SCAM. I understand it might have been an honest "mistake" and Im not saying its not, but there is no way to prove it otherwise so blah blah blah...

Example.

Me and "Jon Doe" both play in a 10 man league. Before the season starts we both agree that when playoffs are near( OR ANY IMPORTANT GAME NOT BETEWEEN US) we will text each other "backup" lineups, in case our starters fall flat etc.. But make sure we dont use the scam too many times and dont tell anyone we texted each other false lineps every week)only to use them now..

Does anyone get what i mean?

This is ridiculous---its impossible to prove it wasnt planned--they lineup change cant be accepted. And i dont care how much you make 2000 dollars is a lot of money

How does anyone know thisdidnthappen last week? maybe the original starters did well enough to win, or the backup linep wouldnt have won either. so no one mentioned it? It could easily HAVE been planned, even if it wasnt---thats a dealbreaker.

The text messages were to his brother, and best friend. And his best friend traded him DeAngelo Williams for Braylon Edwards which many people saw as lopsided.

The commish is an idiot. I don't know if he cheated or not but I know he is an idiot. First--a commish must always be the most honest, always follow the rules, and never, ever engage in any practice that can look the least bit questionable.

The text needed to be sent, at a minimum, to his opponent, and to at least one other individual.

Moreover, if he could text the desire to change players prior to kick off, he could also text the commish password to his brother and have his brother change his line up prior to kick off.

The commish is an idiot.

The text needed to be sent, at a minimum, to his opponent, and to at least one other individual.

Moreover, if he could text the desire to change players prior to kick off, he could also text the commish password to his brother and have his brother change his line up prior to kick off.

This is what I was thinking immediately. Why not just have your bro log in for you and change your lineup. This makes all the rest of this just stupid. My guess is the guy told these two jokers that if Turner goes off this never happened and if he doesnt we got the texts to cover for me.

I dont understand the money back deal and if I was the 11-1 team I would beat my money out of the threesome.

Wow the 11-1 guy must be rich!

If I had something I had to do on a sunday morning and needed to make a switch, I would alert the commish. If I was the commish and had something to do but needed to make a switch, I would text a few people in the league, probably including my opponent, unless I don't have his number on me. If it was done in good faith I don't see the problem. It happens. It was his daughter's freaking ballet, I mean, come on. Is it that difficult to put yourself in his shoes? It could happen to any of us, and many of us have problably done the same thing. Guys in your league are whining for the sake of whining.

Ive made changes before as commish after kickoff, but I text/call everyone in the league whose number I have before the kickoff, especially my opponent and #2 in charge if there is one.

I had that pair and stuck with Turner, as probably almost everyone in a similar situation did.

??? I switched out Turner in 2 leagues before I left for the bar. Intuition? :wacko: I wish I could boast that...I must have read something somewhere. Plus, Lynch's stats as of late, actually as of the entire season, have matched his mug shot for ugliness. It was only a matter of time.