[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our commish switched out Michael Turner for Fred Jackson in the MIDDLE of the game!

euphy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read this thread for the past few days. Interesting. Not sure how to react. $200 is a high entry fee (unless you're Muto) and during my FF years, I've encountered a few owners that are not beyond trying to pull the wool. Texting only your brother/best pal in the league under this circumstance seems too weak to me. Too many other options that would have made the "last minute move" beyond question.

Frankly, I'm a bit of a skeptic. Especially if the commish allowed the league to die over his "indiscretion". If he was a stand up guy, me thinks he would have taken the high road, knowing that his actions were at least questionable. BUT NO, the league will die, and the owner who is 11-1 will lose a great opportunity along with all the other owners, rather than have the commish agree to reverse his course. Not a lot of character there, it seems to me.

So he sends an explicit text. However, he has a telephone conversation with brother and best friend and tells them that if Turner does well, we make no changes and show no one the text. If Turner is a late scratch or does not perform well, we show everyone the text.

How about if the commish had just texted his brother and best friend his commish password and told one of them to change his line up? I need someone to explain to me why he simply didn't do that.

Or you send a text to your opponent: Here is my starting lineup when I kick you ass.

At that point there's no complaining.

Or you send a text to your opponent: Here is my starting lineup when I kick you ass.

At that point there's no complaining.

But then his opponent could say he never received the text. It's simple and clean to provide brother/best friend his password and have his lineup changed prior to kick off. He didn't do that, likely because he's cheating.

+ 1 I was waiting for someone to bring out this point.....

I co commish in a local with guys we all know for many years.......when I am at the Phins games and he has something to do we both make sure we have mobile access for the league......So if he can take the time to text...then take the time to change the lineup on the mobile....I completly understand the family thing..as when it comes to my son and daughters functons.....its their functions, even if FF time....cant get those moments back, but can always play FF.....when you are a commish or co commish though you are on call IMO.......

We had a similar problem in the early weeks with CBS.......In fact someone I went out and got off the WW somehow did not get placed but the other guys I picked did....another guy couldnt insert his D.......

As a league some new owners wanted to riot, but we shut that down pretty quick......I lost that game by 11( the pick that did not get inserted would have won it...same with the other guys D....thing is he is commish and me co commish)....to not make a bad impression and viod the integrity of the local....we both took the losses....

Sucks for me...the guy was in the same divi and has a 1 game league.....he will go to the playoffs...I will not.....

Its a money league as well...

just sayin.....

Yea this league sucks. People still b&tching... day 6. lol.

I guess some of the people are in just one league and want to bust the commishes face for ruining their season.

Only 1 playoff spot was locked. Everyone else was 7-5, 6-6, and 5-7 with a shot at the playoffs.

our league is simple. you are responsible for setting your own lineup. no b/s about not getting to a computer.

heck, we had one guy two years ago use the autodraft settings b/c he was in his cousin's wedding and couldn't be there for the draft!

another guy last week forgot to switch out 2 injured guys b/c he got hammered and went to the Cards/Titans game last minute. he admitted he screwed up.

LM is SOL in my opinion and should NOT have changed his player out. we all have the same amount of time BEFORE the week's games to submit lineups.

That was a monster truck aficionado thing to do by the commish.

As a commish I find this action deplorable. There is one thing a commish has to be and that is completely honest and transparent in all of his/her actions (you like that PC move there? :wacko:). Unless it is written in the league rules, only extreme circumstances should allow swapping out of player after kick off and being out on a family function is not one of them (IMO). You know when kick off is and you know when a planned family function is.

The way I set it up for our league is really simply:

If you are out and cannot get to a puter to make the switch, you must call your opponent and the commish and let them know.

If you are the commish, you need to contact the opponent and one other league owner.

You have until 5 minutes before the game to call or TTFTKBTMSG.

I simply cannot stand people who cheat in FF. This is the holiest of the holy and when people taint this beautiful hobby of ours, it simply angers me. I have no idea how people can feel good about a win if they have cheated in some way. Integrity and honor during the season but during draft, you can be as sleazy as possible :D