[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick? bout your leagues

CSA81

i have been playin for a while with friends and fam. I just stepped into the online ff (for money) this year. I was just tryin to see where the best site to play was or at least your favorite to play on? for next year of course

ty

Edited by CSA81

yes. I conned 11 other huddle regs to join me, and its junk. Its old Fanball/AOl software that is horrible to navigate.

aahhhhhh FANBALL !!!!! Thats one of the sites I joined!

Horrible!!!!!

In the draft of the last league I joined I drafted brees at 10 and I had the next pick and was picking up CJ and somehow the button that I pressed picked up Tom Brady!!! I wasn't even on him with the cursor!!! I was so pissed... then I proceeded to let everyone know in chat that I would be willing to trade Brady straight up for a rb if they wanted him. To find out FANBALL won't allow trades!!!! I was steaming.... So I rode with Brees and Brady all year and the funniest thing is they were all doggin me about it in chat during the draft that I had the worst team and everyhting... and i'm in 4th heading to the playoffs :D

not the greatest story but I liked it :wacko:

My favorite site to use is Yahoo by far, it's much better than ESPN or NFL.com/CBS or Fox (in '08 anyway). I've never tried myfantasyleague.com or that rtsports.com

I've done fantasy baseball on sportingnews.com and it sucked, so I assumed their football wouldn't be any better and haven't tried it. They had guys in the FA pool who aern't even playing anymore, yeah, retired guys from the last couple years in the FA pool. Plus they screwed up the autodraft royally, some teams would up loaded and some sucked (mine was loaded, btw).

Yahoo is definitley the best for statistical info on players, and the site moves quickly, also have good articles.

I've only used Yahoo and ESPN (at least of sites that still host teams). Both offer free leagues or you can pay a little for more options with Yahoo. I prefer Yahoo's interface over ESPN. MFL is probably the most recommended, but also costs more then other sites. But you also get what you pay for too.

Question for you CSA81..are you looking for a place that hosts ready made leagues or a place that allows you to sign up for a "contest" for say $100 and it places you in a league with other random dudes?

I'm down for whatever griff... Please go in to detail on what "contest" means tho.... if you mean to go into a league with randompeople thats all i've done so yea. $100 is fine

Hey thanks guys for all the responses. I will def take MFL into consideration. I have played on espn, cbs and yahoo this year, but ima switch it up next year and play a couple in the MFL also just to try it out. So I may see ya'll in a league so watch out. :D

Thanks again for all the posts. Much thanks :wacko:

Hey thanks guys for all the responses. I will def take MFL into consideration. I have played on espn, cbs and yahoo this year, but ima switch it up next year and play a couple in the MFL also just to try it out. So I may see ya'll in a league so watch out. :D

Thanks again for all the posts. Much thanks :wacko:

MFL is a league management site. It does not take random folks and put them into leagues ala Yahoo, ESPN, etc.

MFL is for hosting your local or an online league with friends, or Huddlers or whomever.

For random leagues, stick with Yahoo or ESPN, or, if you're willing to shell out $100+ for a league, look into the online versions of WCOFF.

If you want to put together a more "stable" league where you don;t have the randoms that draft and bail, etc., consider looking into joining or even starting up a BOTH league by utilizing the find a league/owner forum on this site. Obviusly it is pretty slow right now, but it picks up a lot at the ned of the season with people looking to next year and then again 4-6 weeks before the season begins as people look to get leagues going.

I'm really impressed with what Yahoo has done with it's presentation. It's terrific now, that GameDay interface with all the games and all the team matchups clickable live all weekend is really nice. And it's free, which is a good price. Fanball is horrible now - since Charch sold out. I've run a playoff MyFantasyLeague league for the past two seasons - they offer that free to test drive the site, so maybe you should look into that. Or anyone, really. That is a great way to end the fantasy season, by having a playoff league.

Cheers!

i have been playin for a while with friends and fam. I just stepped into the online ff (for money) this year. I was just tryin to see where the best site to play was or at least your favorite to play on? for next year of course

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I don't like Yahoo at all. I think the stats are tedious to sort through, and it's too reliant on old stats and info. I like NFL.com & CBS Sports.com the best. I think ESPN.com is ok too. I'm very interested in Fox Sports.com for next year though. TONS of options. Didn't get to use it this year because I got caught up in too many other leagues first. But next year it will be the first league I set-up.

aahhhhhh FANBALL !!!!! Thats one of the sites I joined!

Horrible!!!!!

Well said!

Great thread as my league has voted to move from Fanball after 7 years on their site. Since Charch left it's become nothing but a pain in the arse. Has anyone moved from Fanball and been able to transfer league info (i.e. records, playoff results, honors, H2H history, etc)?

Well said!

Great thread as my league has voted to move from Fanball after 7 years on their site. Since Charch left it's become nothing but a pain in the arse. Has anyone moved from Fanball and been able to transfer league info (i.e. records, playoff results, honors, H2H history, etc)?

Check out MFL. I know they have some import capabilities, just not sure if fanball is one of the supported sites and what they can import

MFL is a league management site. It does not take random folks and put them into leagues ala Yahoo, ESPN, etc.

MFL is for hosting your local or an online league with friends, or Huddlers or whomever.

For random leagues, stick with Yahoo or ESPN, or, if you're willing to shell out $100+ for a league, look into the online versions of WCOFF.

If you want to put together a more "stable" league where you don;t have the randoms that draft and bail, etc., consider looking into joining or even starting up a BOTH league by utilizing the find a league/owner forum on this site. Obviusly it is pretty slow right now, but it picks up a lot at the ned of the season with people looking to next year and then again 4-6 weeks before the season begins as people look to get leagues going.

Ok cool... thanks for explaining.

I will def look into that during those times... Thanks!