[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this collusion?

faceplant

Our league requires that you start a tight end and you can choose to have a back up with one of six bench spots. Most people do not carry a second tight end and take their chances with their starter until they need to make a move on bye weeks and then drop them immediately after.

So this past week, one team had their tight end get injured (Celek, even though he's playing). By mid-Monday he's had a whole day to pick up a new tight end just in case. So everyone else thought it would be funny to drop players we weren't using to pick up any extra tight ends out there to force him to use the leftovers.

We say its not collusion because no one is making one team better by making another team worse. Plus, he had every opportunity to pick someone up after sundays game, which is fair.

He says it is collusion because we all collectively agreed to do it.

For the record, we dropped our pick ups after he cried about it for two days. It's a small money pool and done more for fun so it was no big deal to everyone. And yes, playoff implications are a factor if he loses this week.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our league requires that you start a tight end and you can choose to have a back up with one of six bench spots. Most people do not carry a second tight end and take their chances with their starter until they need to make a move on bye weeks and then drop them immediately after.

So this past week, one team had their tight end get injured (Celek, even though he's playing). By mid-Monday he's had a whole day to pick up a new tight end just in case. So everyone else thought it would be funny to drop players we weren't using to pick up any extra tight ends out there to force him to use the leftovers.

We say its not collusion because no one is making one team better by making another team worse. Plus, he had every opportunity to pick someone up after sundays game, which is fair.

He says it is collusion because we all collectively agreed to do it.

For the record, we dropped our pick ups after he cried about it for two days. It's a small money pool and done more for fun so it was no big deal to everyone. And yes, playoff implications are a factor if he loses this week.

Any thoughts?

This is a cut and dried case of collusion. You all collectively conspired against him. I'd be pissed too.

Collusion is an agreement, usually secretive, which occurs between two or more persons to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair advantage.

Your secret agreement limited his ability to obtain a worthy free agent. Had you all acted on your own without conspiring with others, then it would have been fair. Shame on you.

Well, those owners, who are ostensibly rivals, are cooperating for a mutual benefit to the detriment of somebody else. I think that's collusion, or close enough to it that I would be pissed off if it happened to me.

However you cut it, its bush league stuff.

Multiple owners discussed a plan of action in advance?

How do you not see that as "collusion"?

Fantasy football collusion, in my eyes, is based around one team trading strong players to another team so the stronger team can make a run for a chamionship.

Otherwise, almost any move, can be considered collusion. For instance, if someone in your league gives you advice about a pickup, and then you pick that guy up, isn't that collusion?

Fantasy football collusion, in my eyes, is based around one team trading strong players to another team so the stronger team can make a run for a chamionship.

Otherwise, almost any move, can be considered collusion. For instance, if someone in your league gives you advice about a pickup, and then you pick that guy up, isn't that collusion?

So what you are saying is it was your idea in the first place.

Holy crap, so busted, if you spell his name backwards it spells tnalpecaf.

And if you re-arrange the letters it makes "Catnap Elf."

Weird.

That's so crazy, it made me Fecal Pant.

I got Penal Fact, which I think is most appropriate, since it's a pretty penile move to collectively screw over a guy because he's got better things to do on a monday. Since it was all in good fun, it's not that bad of collusion, but any case where two or more people agree to a deal that unfairly tilts the competition in ones favor OR to the detriment of another competitive team, that is the exact definition of collusion.

The former might be the only type of collusion you care about, but they're both technically collusion. Of course, the latter is such a minor form that I wouldn't compare it to collectively screwing over a guy, but nonetheless, it's still pretty bitch to have another guy from your league telling you who to pick up.

People seem to think there are exceptions and loopholes to collusion, but like someone mentioned in another post, FF is a game where it is JUST AS important how you play the game as it is winning.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Total collusion. No doubt.

He should get his pick of whatever tight end he wants from any team that participated.

It is collusion but the team in question had the same chance to pick a TE up that everyone else did. That said, it would only be right to put the picked up TEs back in the pool for him to pick from. It would have been a fun joke to play on a friend in a free/noncompetitvie league but even then there is no reason not to put the TEs back in the waiver pool after the joke was over.

Well, those owners, who are ostensibly rivals, are cooperating for a mutual benefit to the detriment of somebody else. I think that's collusion, or close enough to it that I would be pissed off if it happened to me.

However you cut it, its bush league stuff.

My first thought as well.

LOL

You must be on a fishing trip ... but I'll bite

It is collusion because 2 or more owners conspired to prevent one team from getting better. So if you want to get technical, the act of making one team worse (by conspiring to block his ability to acquire a free agent) allows every other team in the league improved it's position.

Let me see if I can give you a case ... if your act of collusion prevents him from getting the TE he wanted and that TE would have won him a game that he ended up losing - that is a loss he wouldn't have had a win that another team would not have had. So already one team has a DIRECT benefit from the act of collusion. If that loss results in him missing the playoffs obviously there is another team that made the playoffs that would not have because of your act of collusion.

How would you have felt had you been in his shoes ... that should speak volumes for how unethical your actions were.

Either you are an idiot or you are on a fishing expedition :wacko:

Edited by Grits and Shins