[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forrsett to the Bench

splotchman

Mora did say Forsett has "earned significant time based on how he played against St. Louis and Arizona". I guess that is coachspeak for 3rd down/2 minute back?

I just hope Julius isn't the Chris Brown of Seattle. I'm counting on Forsett in one league as well. And upcoming games against Hou and TB look juicy...

A couple things to keep in mind:

- Forsett starting getting significant action when the O-line got significantly healthier and had a great game against the Rams

- Forsett racked up a total of 9 yards rushing yards as the primary RB less than 2 short weeks ago against Minnesota

The question now - Is Forsett worth starting in fantasy football?

(Anxiously awaiting the first few runs of Jones, when he realizes it hurts like hell to get hit with a bruised lung and ribs)

Edited by jdub!

A couple things to keep in mind:

- Forsett starting getting significant action when the O-line got significantly healthier and had a great game against the Rams

- Forsett racked up a total of 9 yards rushing yards as the primary RB less than 2 short weeks ago against Minnesota

In a game in which they were losing and turned to the passing game and he had 8 receptions for 80 yards. He also added a rushing TD in that game as well. So I know your point is that he struggled to move the ball on the ground but it was against one of the best run defenses in the league and the Seahawks were playing from behind (it was 21-0 at halftime). But I'd take 22.9 points against the Vikings any day regardless of how the points came. And wrapped around that game he blew up against the Cardinals (25.9 pts) and the Rams (25 pts). So in Jones' absence Forsett has scored over 22 points in every game. I expect Jones to play a role but the coaching staff would be stupid not to get the ball in Forsett's hands as often as possible.

Edited by irish

The question now - Is Forsett worth starting in fantasy football?

(Anxiously awaiting the first few runs of Jones, when he realizes it hurts like hell to get hit with a bruised lung and ribs)

I should have qualified my previous post as being cognizant of the fact that rolling out Jones as a starter is likely more of a fantasy frustration than anything. My guess is that Forsett has shown enough to get a 50/50 timeshare and whatever he suffers with Jones coming back in the mix, may be made up for in PPR leagues as being targeted out of the backfield more (I believe he had 0 receptions last week).

In a game in which they were losing and turned to the passing game and he had 8 receptions for 80 yards. He also added a rushing TD in that game as well. So I know your point is that he struggled to move the ball on the ground but it was against one of the best run defenses in the league and the Seahawks were playing from behind (it was 21-0 at halftime). But I'd take 22.9 points against the Vikings any day regardless of how the points came. And wrapped around that game he blew up against the Cardinals (25.9 pts) and the Rams (25 pts). So in Jones' absence Forsett has scored over 22 points in every game. I expect Jones to play a role but the coaching staff would be stupid not to get the ball in Forsett's hands as often as possible.

See previous post that was almost made simultaneously and inadvertently addressed some of what you are saying. Fact of the matter, is that we always talk about talented RBs not big or fast enough to handle the load. Forsett is the epitome of that because he is really small and really slow. However, his ability to break tackles thus far is uncanncy. He took the rock the last few weeks because of injury, but as much as the small sample size results on the field point to a stud, I don't know if he will ever be more than a really good complimentary RB. I might be wrong, but I think he may be another dagger to the hearts of FF owners who desire primary goal line RB's. At the very least, Forsett will most likely be of decent to good value in PPR leagues for the next 3-4 years.

Edited by bushwacked

Hey, take it easy on Mora. If it weren't for him, then I doubt Vick would be where he is today.... :wacko:

Seriously though, give the kid the rock. I mean, if Jones was only averaging 1/2 of Forsett's YPC before, then what do you expect him to do when he gets back with a semi-injured lung and ribs?