[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kicker questions

The Grey Pilgrim

There have been some reports that Colts may keep both kickers on the roster a while and not bring Vinatieri back until he's 100%. Stover is 7 of 8 for FG and 20 of 20 for PAT. If he was struggling or there was a question of accuracy, I think they might turn to Vinatieri sooner, but that's not the case.

I have Stover in two leagues. One rosters lock for the playoffs, the other we can still grab FA through the playoffs. For the one that locks, I'll grab the best FA kicker as a backup just before rosters lock just in case. The other, if Vinatieri comes back, I'll just grab whoever is available. There is, on a weekly average, only a couple point difference between the best kicker and the best FA kicker in all of my leagues.

Not to make this sound like a WDIS thread, but after reading some of the insights into Carney's misses here of late, and Hartley on the NO roster, I went out and picked up Stover on the WW this morning. Just wanted to cover my back until playoffs start on Sunday (or Thurs. nihgt, but I don't have any players going).

Now the decision is WDIS - I think it will be decided on the weather in DC on Sunday - if it's cold & windy, I'll probablly opt out and start Stover in the dome.

Just to be clear (BigJohns), I wasn't trying to start a WDIS thread. My roster locks today in the league I am carrying just one kicker (Carney). But I have Stover in another league too.

I watched Carney last week, and it looked like he almost missed a PAT, he did miss a 30+ yarder. So, I'm worried about the Saints going with Hartley after our rosters lock up tonight.

Somethings wrong with Carney. I don't know if its a confidence thing or an injury but he hasn't looked good kicking in awhile. For at least the past month he's been pushing all of his kicks (XP's included) right. Then this past MNF game he was all over the place. Bounced a fg thru off the uprights. Missed a chip shot @ the end. And his XP's were far from straight as well.

I've been asking my Saints buddies what they thought was the problem and no one seems to be able to come up with a good answer.

I'm not saying Hartley is going to be taking over anytime soon but just wanted to make sure you were aware Carneys kicking issues started long before this past Monday night.

Not to make this sound like a WDIS thread, but after reading some of the insights into Carney's misses here of late, and Hartley on the NO roster, I went out and picked up Stover on the WW this morning. Just wanted to cover my back until playoffs start on Sunday (or Thurs. nihgt, but I don't have any players going).

Now the decision is WDIS - I think it will be decided on the weather in DC on Sunday - if it's cold & windy, I'll probablly opt out and start Stover in the dome.

Carney is OUT Hartley is in:

here is how Schefter announced this news (via Twitter):

Fantasy sleeper alert: Saints K Garrett Hartley expected to kick today for first time this season. Always could change, but that's the plan.

I just scrambled to successfully pick up a Carney replacement because of this message board. :wacko:

ETA: And the Huddle Inactives / Actives list

I just tried but my league doesn't allow late pickups after Thurs games. :D

I just scrambled to successfully pick up a Carney replacement because of this message board. :wacko:

ETA: And the Huddle Inactives / Actives list

Saw it there first. Got Nedney.

Completely screwed. I didn't see the Carney news until exactly 1:00 PM EST. Unable to change any of my lineups. I have Carney starting in all but two out of 10. I overslept, but got up in time to check My Players news at cbssportsline.com and it didn't have news items on Carney listed. Arrgh!!!! :wacko:

Completely screwed. I didn't see the Carney news until exactly 1:00 PM EST. Unable to change any of my lineups. I have Carney starting in all but two out of 10. I overslept, but got up in time to check My Players news at cbssportsline.com and it didn't have news items on Carney listed. Arrgh!!!! :D

Well, crap. :D

I got burned too, in one league. Get this: I was driving home when I heard the Carney news. Got in here with about five or six minutes before the early games kicked off and I couldn't get online until just after the games kicked off. :wacko::D:D My ISP has not pooped out like this before.

Edit: Hartley scored 15.4 points in that league. Really could have used the points.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I got burned too, in one league. Get this: I was driving home when I heard the Carney news. Got in here with about five or six minutes before the early games kicked off and I couldn't get online until just after the games kicked off. :wacko::D:D My ISP has not pooped out like this before.

Edit: Hartley scored 15.4 points in that league. Really could have used the points.

Yes, I resemble your pain. To make matters worse, someone in one of my dynasty leagues grabbed Harley at 8:55 AM on Sunday morning.