[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons homers or anyone else that knows

whomper

Any word on Ryan ? I know he is out this week but any local chatter on his injury and progress ? the waivers are closed in my local :wacko: and I have Ryan and Warner :D Playoffs start next week

Edited by whomper

Any word on Ryan ? I know he is out this week but any local chatter on his injury and progress. the waivers are closed in my local :wacko: and I have Ryan and Warner :D Playoffs start next week

Well, based on the Warner info today you better find another option. He is very questionable this week and with that game being flexed to the late game you will be out of options before you find out his availability.

Well, based on the Warner info today you better find another option. He is very questionable this week and with that game being flexed to the late game you will be out of options before you find out his availability.

I know. This week is the last week of the regular season. I clinched a playoff spot. I am actually concerned about next week. I actually hope Warner doesnt play this week. I dont want the Vikings knocking his ass all over the place. Waivers and trades are closed (I know , we are voting on this next year and its too late to change anything this year. its in our rules) I have to use Warner or Ryan the rest of the way. No option for anyone else

Edited by whomper

I don't think there has been any news on Ryan since Mike Smith ruled him out for this week's game. The strange thing was that Smith ruled him out Monday. Normally, he doesn't divulge any injury information until the mandatory update on Wednesday.

So some folks are worried he could be out at least another week but that's pure speculation at this point and they'll probably see how Redman plays against the Eagles before deciding if Ryan can try to play with the pain.

Any word on Ryan ? I know he is out this week but any local chatter on his injury and progress ? the waivers are closed in my local :wacko: and I have Ryan and Warner :D Playoffs start next week

Don't expect to have Ryan any time soon.

He went to see the same doctor Ronnie Brown saw for his season ending surgery. Obviously Ryan got out of it without surgery so it's likely the injury isn't as serious. But it was probably still pretty bad. This means the Falcons will be conservative in his rehab and return while hoping the team can remain in playoff contention with Redman at the helm.

Ryan is definitely out this week. I would not be surprised if he misses the Saints game next week either. It's not a game Atlanta can win anyway. Their only hope is for Ryan AND Turner to get healthy and attempt to put together a 3 game win streak to close out the season. With some help, maybe, just maybe, they'll be in a position to steal a Wild Card.

ETA: Redman is a very capable backup. In fact, the offense might get a bit of a boost because Ryan had been throwing pickles left and right since week 6.

Edited by kingfish247

Their only hope is for Ryan AND Turner to get healthy and attempt to put together a 3 game win streak to close out the season. With some help, maybe, just maybe, they'll be in a position to steal a Wild Card.

Looks grim....Philly game is basically must-win, otherwise they drop to 6-6 with the Saints on deck and losing the tiebreaker to the Eagles.

if they lose both of those, depending on what the Packers & Giants do over the same stretch, a 3-game win streak won't make a difference...and he could be shut down for the year.

t's not a game Atlanta can win anyway.

ETA: Redman is a very capable backup. In fact, the offense might get a bit of a boost because Ryan had been throwing pickles left and right since week 6.

I don't agree with either of those statements. If a few plays had gone differently, we had a great chance to win in NO... And if Turner and Ryan are back (big IFs I know) and the D makes some plays like they did in that game, then there's nothing saying we could'nt we win this rivalry game at home... Given the current circumstances, I wouldn't bet on it playing out like that, but I'm just sayin, we've been as close as anybody to knocking off the Saints.

Ya, Ryan's had some rough weeks, but I'd blame it more on the O line not giving him nearly enough time to find his reads, and Redman has never been the answer here. Had it not been for 7 throws in the endzone at the end of the game (due to a penalty), then we would have lost that game, and everyone would be focusing on how many chances he missed in that game instead, which was alot of plays/drives.

To the OP, I haven't read or heard anything locally except that his status is completely up in the air after this week, but at this point, I wouldn't be expecting him to put up big numbers with any severity of turf-toe anyway, after how he's done lately on a healthy foot.

Looks grim....Philly game is basically must-win, otherwise they drop to 6-6 with the Saints on deck and losing the tiebreaker to the Eagles.

if they lose both of those, depending on what the Packers & Giants do over the same stretch, a 3-game win streak won't make a difference...and he could be shut down for the year.

Exactly. My post was not meant to ameliorate Atlanta's chances. They're a longshot in more ways than one. Unfortunately Atlanta is in a weird spot where they're damned if they do, damned if they don't on Ryan and Turner...

If they play too soon, they're likely to get worse.

If they shut them down too soon and/or for too long, the chance at a Wild Card goes from slim to zero.

I don't agree with either of those statements. If a few plays had gone differently, we had a great chance to win in NO...

You're forum name is apt.

Turner and an uncharacteristically high number of Saints turnovers (4) kept Atlanta close in the first Saints game. Ryan threw it away. Atlanta's D has been a sieve for weeks now and getting worse. I also have to differ on the OL. The OL hasn't been perfect but they don't deserve all the blame. Ryan has been making bad throws for the past 2 months.

Long story short... Atlanta is much worse off than they were 2 months ago on all sides of the ball. Unless Redman comes out hot and the D miraculously develops a pass rush and starts covering WRs, the next 2 games are losses.

Long story short... Atlanta is much worse off than they were 2 months ago on all sides of the ball. Unless Redman comes out hot and the D miraculously develops a pass rush and starts covering WRs, the next 2 games are losses

So you're saying there's a chance?!.... I just wanted to point out that if everyone was healthy, it is not "a game we couldn't win anyway". But we're obviously in agreement that we're screwed with a deteriorating D and Redman at the healm.

Nothing official on Ryan yet today, but KFFL is reporting that (pretty much as expected I guess) Turner & Jenkins will both be inactive for ATL today.

Sun, 06 Dec 2009 08:05:08 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Atlanta Falcons RB Michael Turner (ankle) will be inactive during Week 13 versus the Philadelphia Eagles. RB Jason Snelling will start in his place.

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Atlanta Falcons WR Michael Jenkins (ankle) will be inactive during Week 13 versus the Philadelphia Eagles.

Edited by ts

So you're saying there's a chance?!.... I just wanted to point out that if everyone was healthy, it is not "a game we couldn't win anyway". But we're obviously in agreement that we're screwed with a deteriorating D and Redman at the healm.

Ok. After this Sunday, is there any way this team can beat the Saints? Even with Ryan? Maybe if Turner were at 100%. But the way the D is playing the offense needs to score 35+ every week to win.

It ain't happening.

Ok. After this Sunday, is there any way this team can beat the Saints? Even with Ryan? Maybe if Turner were at 100%. But the way the D is playing the offense needs to score 35+ every week to win.

It ain't happening.

Where did I say that we're gonna beat the Saints?? I don't know how many times I can agree with you until you'll realize I am.... Again, my only point is we almost won in NO, and if Turner and Ryan were healthy and the D played well, we'd have a "chance".

Do you really need to reiterate your point after yesterday??... Ya, you're right, we suck right now... I'm just glad I got to boo Mike Vick in person though.

But good job, you must like kicking puppies too.

Where did I say that we're gonna beat the Saints?? I don't know how many times I can agree with you until you'll realize I am.... Again, my only point is we almost won in NO, and if Turner and Ryan were healthy and the D played well, we'd have a "chance".

Do you really need to reiterate your point after yesterday??... Ya, you're right, we suck right now... I'm just glad I got to boo Mike Vick in person though.

But good job, you must like kicking puppies too.

Yeah, we were in the NO game IN NEW ORLEANS. If we had Ryan and Turner, we could beat NO at home. Especially the way they have been playing recently (besides the NE game) where they have won games in the fourth due to their opponents crapping the bed and missing FG's.

Due to massive injuries, I'd say this season is over however.