[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS reporting Slaton likely OUT

i_am_the_swammi

Just an FYI to Slaton owners who might have been leaning on him this week due to issues elsewhere on their rosters.

Chris Brown, RB HOU

News: The Houston Chronicle reports that Texans RB Steve Slaton is unlikely to play at Jacksonville in Week 13 due to a neck injury that has gotten worse this week. Specifically, the paper reports that Slaton is suffering numbness in his arms related to a previously undisclosed shoulder injury. "It's something he has been dealing with for awhile but it's gotten worse in the last 24 hours," head coach Gary Kubiak said. Chris Brown is expected to start and see significant reps against the Jaguars on Sunday; Ryan Moats may also contribute.

Analysis: If you own Slaton, get him benched and don't expect him to play. Brown now emerges as a solid substitute and even a consideration as a low-end No. 2 Fantasy RB. The coaches like him, he's been more useful in every-down situations than Moats has and knows the offense well. Problem is that the Jaguars' run defense is pretty good -- they've allowed just six rushing touchdowns on the season and give up an average of 106.6 rush yards per game. Consider Brown a low-end No. 2/top-end No. 3 Fantasy RB for Week 13 while Moats is unlikely to be any better than a 5-to-10-touch runner who might get minimal reps.

The lord givith and the lord taketh away.

I am in 2 league championship games this week.

For the $650 league Slaton is 1 of my starting RBs

For my $1300 league Chris Brown is now 1 of my starting RBs (It was between him and Caddy so now clearly got to go with Brown)