[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meachum TD

Menudo

I believe the NFL rulebook also clearly states that no matter who has the ball or how many times possession changes, Tedy Bruschi is ALWAYS a defender.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some people. So if it were Drew Brees who pulled that ball away and not Meachum they'd be arguing Drew Brees is a member of the New Orleans Defense.

:wacko:

according to NFL Rules Brees was a defender as soon as the interception happened.

Yup. In my main league, we use NFL rules whenever applicable/appropriate. "Head to head" isn't a good tiebreaker in fantasy because "head to head" is completely artificial; fantasy teams never actually play against each other. However, when it comes to deciding how to record change-of-possession plays, there's absolutely no reason not to follow NFL standards. Robert Meachum was playing defense when he stripped that ball and took it back to the house; an "offensive fumble recovery" it might be, but it still falls under the umbrella of Defense/Special Teams. TD for Meachum, TD for Saints D/ST.

Of course, you could solve all of this and go IDP . . .

Peace

policy

according to NFL Rules Brees was a defender as soon as the interception happened.

I'm very aware of that, but for fantasy purposes that rule cannot apply because - as you know - taken to its extreme would mean any play involving a turnover means the defense wouldn't get those points, yet that's exactly why they're drafted.

By most fantasy football league logic (whatever that is) trying to argue that you have Drew Brees playing defense is daft.

I'm very aware of that, but for fantasy purposes that rule cannot apply because - as you know - taken to its extreme would mean any play involving a turnover means the defense wouldn't get those points, yet that's exactly why they're drafted.

By most fantasy football league logic (whatever that is) trying to argue that you have Drew Brees playing defense is daft.

Bonus points for the use of the word "daft."

This is still being debated in one of my leagues. I have one question different than what has been discussed previously:

1-So then technically by what has been stated previously in regards to NFL rules and offense and defense, the Saints defense should have yards against added to their total based on how far the Redskin player returned the INT? Correct, and that should therefore be accounted for with every INT?