[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can I intentionally lose?

JustDoIt

Right or wrong, by the rules or not, Just let this happen to you one time and see how you feel. It sucks. The one thing i don't think anybody has mentioned is the precedent this will set. There are many scenarioes where benching a player to lose could affect someone else that costs them money and there isn't a thing you could do about it, since you set the precedence. Had a guy in my big money local tank a game because he didn't want to face the highest scoring team in the league. He was locked into the playoffs but could determine his own seed. If he beat the team he was playing he would have had to face them and i would have won 1st place and some prize money. Well he tanked and cost me the prize. I beat him in the 1st round(Karma). You could also have people out of the playoff race doing the same thing and there wouldn't be anything you could do about it, since there is no rule and YOU set the precedent.

It's just wrong no matter how you spin it, you have to play a valid lineup, it's called the spirit of competition.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a slight possibility of having two horses in the race. But there is an nearly automatic chance of getting one horse in the race in the other bracket.

That is none of you all are understanding how the math would be the same.

Well that just proves you are colluding.

Well that just proves you are colluding.

Now you are arguing against your point.

I am saying, if i play straight up, there will be an extremely high chance that one of us wins that side of the bracket.

Now if trashed this week, there would be two lower chances of us making it.

But guess what, both odds are 37.5 that one of us wins the league.

Started reading backwards through the thread, but one thing I noticed pretty quickly is that these percentages for winning it JustDoIt keeps referring to are extremely flawed.

Do you see why?

Will check in later to provide the answer if he can't figure out the one giant, glaring flaw in his calculations.

Also, to answer the threads question of whether or not you can lose intentionally, of course you can. You can do what you want within the confines of your league rules.

Now, when it comes to the ethical/moral/sportsmanship aspect of the question, that is a different story and is something that you must answer from within based on what your character and integrity are worth to you.

This thread is dumb.

Also, he clearly is Mr. Hammock or similar weasel that can't stick to one ID.

The only thing that's missing from this thread is some Hugh Favre Nut Hugging and some Hugh Rodgers bashing from JustDoIt(Mr. Hammock)!! But the repetetive arguing of the same point is definitely an eye opener to who this guy really is! People Beware HE'S BACK!! :D:wacko::D

If we never traded at all, never had any of the same two players... How would avoiding him in the playoffs be a form of collusion? I am not helping him out at all. I am simply prefering not to play against him, not only because I would rather not, but because he has one heck of a team that I would rather not see if I don't have to...

What if the other guy doesn't want to play him either? See, it absolutely DOES affect the outcome.

The only thing that's missing from this thread is some Hugh Favre Nut Hugging and some Hugh Rodgers bashing from JustDoIt(Mr. Hammock)!! But the repetetive arguing of the same point is definitely an eye opener to who this guy really is! People Beware HE'S BACK!! :D:wacko::D

If he starts talking about how picking games against the spread is a lot easier than straight up, we'll have no doubt :D