[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wade is a JOKE

Grits and Shins

Did some serious tap dancing and his post game presser essentially blowing off this loss and saying that only the final season record matters. Was quick to point out that the past two previous super bowl champs had tough Decembers.

He appeared to be very frustrated with the media and the obvious concerns about the inability to win when it matters most ... in December and in the post season.

Wade was out-coached today ... plain and simple. He is a simpleton.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just curious, what's the threshold of success for firing wade? in other words, would the cowboys have to miss the playoffs? would he be fired if they made the playoffs but were one-and-done again? would he still be fired if they actually won a playoff game? because i'm really on the fence here. i'd love for the cowboys to make the playoffs, but if it means wade keeps his job, then i'm not so sure.

Considering Jerrah can hire a high priced coach to work with his talent in an uncapped year, I'll say anything short of an NFC title game appearance will get Wade fired. And it might even take a Super Bowl appearance.

Do you really think Bud Adams would fire Fisher? That's ridiculous the guy is one of the best coaches in the league.

I think Jerry will have a hard time getting a real coach to come to Dallas

Jones has been working towards the uncapped year for some time, hence the gigantic gin palace. On top of the lack of a salary cap, there's the ending of the revenue sharing agreement, which will put even more money in the Dallas pot. Jones could / will go nuts on FAs this off-season so the assembled talent he can put together will be tough for a high quality coach to turn down.

Jones has been working towards the uncapped year for some time, hence the gigantic gin palace. On top of the lack of a salary cap, there's the ending of the revenue sharing agreement, which will put even more money in the Dallas pot. Jones could / will go nuts on FAs this off-season so the assembled talent he can put together will be tough for a high quality coach to turn down.

The make up of the team is not the issue ... the ability to work with Jerry is the issue. It is not hard to see that Jerry is a bad GM and he likes to dabble in coaching and coaching business as well.

I can't wait for Jeff Fisher to get here next year.

Now, I know these guys say this sort of thing all the time but I did catch an interview with Fisher the other day and he sounded pretty convincing when he said he was 100% happy where he is.

He turned over his GM job to Bill Parcells. As soon as Jerry decided to resume the roll of GM and brought in TO Bill Parcells left. I don't see Jerry releasing GM authority any time soon.

Great point and that was a major part of the reason Parcells took the job and why he left.

Still it's THE 'BOYS, and they have the largest fan base in the NFL, the storied history, and an owner who is willing to spend to get great FAs. I still think it's gotta be up there with the best coaching jobs to have in the NFL.

Great point and that was a major part of the reason Parcells took the job and why he left.

Still it's THE 'BOYS, and they have the largest fan base in the NFL, the storied history, and an owner who is willing to spend to get great FAs. I still think it's gotta be up there with the best coaching jobs to have in the NFL.

Are you serious??

I think the best coach/GM duos work as PARTNERS, not a dictator to an employee. Not JJ saying, "we need this FA to sell tickets, you find a way to make it work on the field".

JJ's ego is only second (maybe) to Al Davis when it comes to an owner thinking he knows more than the professionals they hire.

I just don't get why everyone want's to blame Wade. The guy is 30 and 16 or something like that. He brought in Brooking and Olshanky. It's not Wade it's the players making mistakes at the wrong time. Barber for example changed the game with the fumble when we had control. Then Special teams blows a coverage when they have been stellar all year. At some point you have to give credit to the Giants for saving their season. I knew they would play like their life depended on it at home with their season on the line. They just played a very solid game. Romo did his absolute best Sunday so you can't put it on him. They beat us by the Barber fumble and touchdown. Plain and simple. I just can't blame the coach for fumbles and missed tackles. Now if we had gotten blown out that would be one thing but coming within an onside kick of being in the game is not the coaching. However, I don't agree with Bueler taking that onsides kick, Folk is great at them with the high bouncer.

I am happy with Wade so far, I remeber Dungy was in the same boat and was fired for not getting over the hump in Tampa but look at him now in Indy. Was that coaching in Tampa that got him fired no. It was having Manning and some good luck. I don't want anoher coach, I want this team to play error free down the stretch and win. They have the talent and coaching to win now just put it all together and do it. Wade is not the problem IMO.

Ya I get the whole Jerry is a egomaniac but I'm talking about the culture of football in Texas is so rabid and enthusiastic, not to mention the millions of "fans" worldwide that adopted Dallas, and all the history surrounding the organization. My point is that if you win in Dallas you're elevated to god status, and no matter how many Jacksonville teams you loose to by more then 50 points in the playoffs nothing will change that..

I just don't get why everyone want's to blame Wade. The guy is 30 and 16 or something like that. He brought in Brooking and Olshanky. It's not Wade it's the players making mistakes at the wrong time. Barber for example changed the game with the fumble when we had control. Then Special teams blows a coverage when they have been stellar all year. At some point you have to give credit to the Giants for saving their season. I knew they would play like their life depended on it at home with their season on the line. They just played a very solid game. Romo did his absolute best Sunday so you can't put it on him. They beat us by the Barber fumble and touchdown. Plain and simple. I just can't blame the coach for fumbles and missed tackles. Now if we had gotten blown out that would be one thing but coming within an onside kick of being in the game is not the coaching. However, I don't agree with Bueler taking that onsides kick, Folk is great at them with the high bouncer.

I am happy with Wade so far, I remeber Dungy was in the same boat and was fired for not getting over the hump in Tampa but look at him now in Indy. Was that coaching in Tampa that got him fired no. It was having Manning and some good luck. I don't want anoher coach, I want this team to play error free down the stretch and win. They have the talent and coaching to win now just put it all together and do it. Wade is not the problem IMO.

Its not just this game. This team lacks disicipline and killer instinct ... just like Wade. They have lost at least two games this year because of this lack of discipline and killer instinct (NYG and DEN). There is no excuse for stupid penalties ... and while we all know they do happen the appear to happen far more often for the Cowboys. Wade lacks what it takes to get this team ready for a game and doesn't appear to know how to make half time adjustments. Comparing Wade to Dungy is absolutely ludicrous ... Wade couldn't touch Dungy's jock, let alone carry it.

This team has plenty of talent but nothing to hold them together. It is the job of the coach to bring everything together and Wade comes up well short on that front.

It's an organization (read: GM and owner) that lurches from one thing to another. Sign this big FA. Don't resign him. Hire this coach. Fire this coach. Pass more. Run more. Jerry Jones doesn't know the meaning of a 5 year plan.

All the talent is there but what the Cowboys lack and will continue to lack is continuity. I know the NFL is a tough business and winning is all that matters but winning and maintaining play at a high level over multiple years is very difficult to do. The teams that, up to a point, stand behind their coaches and players and personnel are usually the ones left standing in January.

Maybe Wade isn't the best HC. Maybe Garrett isn't a great OC. Those are different points to be made. The fact is though that this follows a pattern set by Jones in that he's constantly meddling, constantly usurping his guys' authority, and making it impossible for them to do their jobs.

Its not just this game. This team lacks disicipline and killer instinct ... just like Wade. They have lost at least two games this year because of this lack of discipline and killer instinct (NYG and DEN). There is no excuse for stupid penalties ... and while we all know they do happen the appear to happen far more often for the Cowboys. Wade lacks what it takes to get this team ready for a game and doesn't appear to know how to make half time adjustments. Comparing Wade to Dungy is absolutely ludicrous ... Wade couldn't touch Dungy's jock, let alone carry it.

This team has plenty of talent but nothing to hold them together. It is the job of the coach to bring everything together and Wade comes up well short on that front.

How can you say that when the team ranks #1 in points allowed on Defense and #4 in Offensive production. I mean I have seen adjustments made on the fly that all but stop cold runinng games mid game, passing game mid game. Things that work one series don't work the rest of the game. In Denver we were one play away. Wade and this Cowboy team has lost 4 games this year, and all but one on the road agianst good teams. Let's see how this team fairs the rest of the way but for now I don't think it is Wade at all. This team fights to the bitter end and I like that fight in them. I don't see them laying down at all. Their very close to eachother and win and lose together like a team, no bickering. They hold themselves acountable and bounce back well after a lose so far. I love Wade and think he is a solid coach and a very good defensive mind. I think we had better count our blessings and hope they play hard for him down the stretch. I see Manning and his coaches he has had for 12 years and there is something to hearing the same voice year in and year out. I am tired of change for change sake and end up with someone that is worse then what we have. I think we could do a lot worse then Wade. I would keep him and let him keep buillding on what he has unless he goes say 8-8 or something and loses to poor teams badly. The team loves the guy and plays hard for him. Can't ask for much more. He has a better record then Parcells did so why the beef?

It's an organization (read: GM and owner) that lurches from one thing to another. Sign this big FA. Don't resign him. Hire this coach. Fire this coach. Pass more. Run more. Jerry Jones doesn't know the meaning of a 5 year plan.

All the talent is there but what the Cowboys lack and will continue to lack is continuity. I know the NFL is a tough business and winning is all that matters but winning and maintaining play at a high level over multiple years is very difficult to do. The teams that, up to a point, stand behind their coaches and players and personnel are usually the ones left standing in January.

Maybe Wade isn't the best HC. Maybe Garrett isn't a great OC. Those are different points to be made. The fact is though that this follows a pattern set by Jones in that he's constantly meddling, constantly usurping his guys' authority, and making it impossible for them to do their jobs.

Totally agree here, JJ should just let Wade do his job and support the guy like he has for a solid 5 years period. Continuity is very important and when you watch owners stand by their man they come through, FIsher, Dungy, Cowher, and on an on. You thought the guy could coach when you hired him so let him and give him what he needs to be successful. JJ has done that, as you can't find a GM that doesn't do as much financially and personnell wise to put a team on the field then Jerry. We could have Ford or Millen you know? For all his faults JJ wants to win and puts his wallet up every year to do that. We could do a lot worse is all I am saying.

How can you say that when the team ranks #1 in points allowed on Defense and #4 in Offensive production. I mean I have seen adjustments made on the fly that all but stop cold runinng games mid game, passing game mid game. Things that work one series don't work the rest of the game. In Denver we were one play away. Wade and this Cowboy team has lost 4 games this year, and all but one on the road agianst good teams. Let's see how this team fairs the rest of the way but for now I don't think it is Wade at all. This team fights to the bitter end and I like that fight in them. I don't see them laying down at all. Their very close to eachother and win and lose together like a team, no bickering. They hold themselves acountable and bounce back well after a lose so far. I love Wade and think he is a solid coach and a very good defensive mind. I think we had better count our blessings and hope they play hard for him down the stretch. I see Manning and his coaches he has had for 12 years and there is something to hearing the same voice year in and year out. I am tired of change for change sake and end up with someone that is worse then what we have. I think we could do a lot worse then Wade. I would keep him and let him keep buillding on what he has unless he goes say 8-8 or something and loses to poor teams badly. The team loves the guy and plays hard for him. Can't ask for much more. He has a better record then Parcells did so why the beef?

Because none of those stats means squat - what matters is wins versus losses and playoffs. When the team went 13-3 under Wade how did that work out? I could care less about how many regular season wins Wade rolls up - if he can't win in December and the post season what good is he? Or course the team loves him because he is soft.

I can't believe you are even bringing up 'one play away in Denver' ... that was a horrible breakdown and speaks volumes about lack of discipline and bad play calling. It took OT to beat a woeful KC team and they should have lost to Washington. The team has 8 wins purely on the talent they are able to put on the field ... when it comes down to the nitty gritty this team win or go home the team lacks what it takes (see Philadelphia last year).

Do you really think Bud Adams would fire Fisher? That's ridiculous the guy is one of the best coaches in the league.
Best in what way? He has a 133-109 (.550) record. Of active coaches, that's the 15th best record. If you want to look at veteran coaches, say with 4+ seasons, he's 8th of 16. 10 of 16 seasons has been .500 or worse record.

Fisher has the most seniority of any active coach, and with that comes a lot of respect. And obviously with coaching that long obviously he's done some things right over the years. I'm not sure if I would say "one of the best" though.

I think if the Titans end up .500 or better, he probably keeps his job. Under .500, not so certain.

Because none of those stats means squat - what matters is wins versus losses and playoffs. When the team went 13-3 under Wade how did that work out? I could care less about how many regular season wins Wade rolls up - if he can't win in December and the post season what good is he? Or course the team loves him because he is soft.

I can't believe you are even bringing up 'one play away in Denver' ... that was a horrible breakdown and speaks volumes about lack of discipline and bad play calling. It took OT to beat a woeful KC team and they should have lost to Washington. The team has 8 wins purely on the talent they are able to put on the field ... when it comes down to the nitty gritty this team win or go home the team lacks what it takes (see Philadelphia last year).

Ok how do you explain Washington all but beating N.O. say a missed field goal and puting up 30 points. How do you explain Philly losing to Oakland and Pitt losing to Oakland. Do they have horrible coaching? Are they horrible teams? We beat all of those teams. I know we are Cowboys fans which means we expect the Cowboys to win all the time and that just isn't realistic. We get every teams best week in and week out like no other franchise in the league. We are going to lose some games. I want to win big as much as any fan here but I am not ready to throw away a good coach with a good record just because he hasn't won the big one yet. It is tough to win big in this league and you have to have time, good players, good coaching, a great QB, health and a litte luck. We have all but one of those so far. Luck. Look at Pitt, they have all the same players and are 6-6. Why, because Troy is injured, possibly, because they have a bad coach, I doubt it, because they have a target on their back week in and week out, I think that has a lot to do with it. Like it or not the Cowboys are the most publicly scrutinized team in the league and have the most storied and winning franchise in NFL history save maybe the Steelers. There is not a team in the league that teams get up to play then the Cowboys and that just comes with playing in Dallas. Arrogant or not the Cowboys are everyone's measuring stick and have been for some time. These next few years are going to be the best chance for the Cowboys to win behind Romo and the D. I say back em and hope tor the best. This team has grit as seen in KC and both Giants games even though we lost they played hard and fought to the bitter end. We beat Philly in Philly. Last year sucked but sometimes you run into a buzz saw and Phily just found out they could win and get into the playoffs which emotionally gave them an edge, and in a game that centers on emotions, that is sometimes all it takes. See Buffalo after that comeback in Houston, Tennessee after the comeback against Buffalo. We will see how the year pans out but getting rid of Wade is NOT the answer. Maybe down the road it might be but not now. I say keep the cohesion and see how it plays out for a couple more years.

You want to talk about the teams we beat? Really? Okay lets look into that a bit shall we ... only ONE team that we have defeated has a winning record:

Week 1: Defeated TB 34-21 ... TB is 1-11

Week 3: Defeated CAR 21-7 ... CAR is 5-7

Week 5: Defeated KC 26-20 in OT ... KC is 3-9

Week 7: Defeated ATL 37-21 ... ATL is 6-6

Week 8: Defeated SEA 38-17 ... SEA is 5-7

Week 9: Defeated PHI 20-16 ... PHI is 8-4

Week 11: Defeated WAS 7-6 ... WAS is 3-9

Week 12: Defeated OAK 24-7 ... OAK is 4-8

Doing the math the opponents we have defeated are a combined 35 - 61 and only one of them has a winning record. Combined winning percentage is 36.5%

Now lets look at the teams we have lost too:

Week 2: Lost to NYG 31-33 ... NYG are 7-5

Week 4: Lost to DEN 10-17 ... DEN is 8-4

Week 10: Lost to GB 24-31 ... GB is 7-4

Week 13 Lost to NYG 24-31 ... NYG are 7-5

That is a combined 29-18 for a winning percentage of 61.7%

Now lets look at the upcoming schedule:

Week 14: vs SDC ... SDC are 9-3

Week 15: @ NOS ... NOS are 12-0

Week 16: @ WAS ... WAS is 3-9

Week 17: vs PHI ... PHI is 8-4

That is a combined 32-16 or a winning percentage of 66.7% ... COUNTING the 3-9 record of the Redskins.

What makes you think the Cowboys will be able to win 2 of the last 4 games? Hell, what makes you think they can go to Washington and win that game let alone finding another win in there? What makes you think the Cowboys can win a post season game (presuming they even make the post season) given they can't beat teams with winning records?

Edited by Grits and Shins

Just to let you and all the cowboy fans know, I will shoot him. I rather go to jail for life than let a good coach go to that horrible evil team. :wacko:

And so the thread enters special protected status...

Wade is an excellent offensive coordinator, but a poor head coach and his team defenses never make a stop when they HAVE to... and I do believe that's a reflection of his spirit. He's a nice guy. Bill Parcells is not a nice guy, and he's defenses were mean. I think the Cowboys may have the most talent of any team in the NFC East, but I don't think for a second they are most the dangerous team when the chips are down. They aren't, and they haven't been, for a long time. Jeff Fisher would have this roster of players into a scary force pretty quickly.... but there are a lot of good coaching options out there this year, the Cowboys are not far away.