[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wade is a JOKE

Grits and Shins

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads like this are hilarious. The Cowboys won, what, 6 of 7 games prior to losing yesterday. Why does every loss have to be some sort of epic fail by Wade, Romo, or whomever? I mean, the sky was falling after you WON at Kansas City. It's almost impossible for a team to bring flawless execution and tenacity to every game.

Your team is 8-4 and leads your division. The glass doesn't always have to be half empty...

Threads like this are hilarious. The Cowboys won, what, 6 of 7 games prior to losing yesterday. Why does every loss have to be some sort of epic fail by Wade, Romo, or whomever? I mean, the sky was falling after you WON at Kansas City. It's almost impossible for a team to bring flawless execution and tenacity to every game.

Your team is 8-4 and leads your division. The glass doesn't always have to be half empty...

Some of us aren't fooled by the 8-4 record ... we can see reality for what it is ...

You want to talk about the teams we beat? Really? Okay lets look into that a bit shall we ... only ONE team that we have defeated has a winning record:

Week 1: Defeated TB 34-21 ... TB is 1-11

Week 3: Defeated CAR 21-7 ... CAR is 5-7

Week 5: Defeated KC 26-20 in OT ... KC is 3-9

Week 7: Defeated ATL 37-21 ... ATL is 6-6

Week 8: Defeated SEA 38-17 ... SEA is 5-7

Week 9: Defeated PHI 20-16 ... PHI is 8-4

Week 11: Defeated WAS 7-6 ... WAS is 3-9

Week 12: Defeated OAK 24-7 ... OAK is 4-8

Doing the math the opponents we have defeated are a combined 35 - 61 and only one of them has a winning record. Combined winning percentage is 36.5%

Now lets look at the teams we have lost too:

Week 2: Lost to NYG 31-33 ... NYG are 7-5

Week 4: Lost to DEN 10-17 ... DEN is 8-4

Week 10: Lost to GB 24-31 ... GB is 7-4

Week 13 Lost to NYG 24-31 ... NYG are 7-5

That is a combined 29-18 for a winning percentage of 61.7%

Now lets look at the upcoming schedule:

Week 14: vs SDC ... SDC are 9-3

Week 15: @ NOS ... NOS are 12-0

Week 16: @ WAS ... WAS is 3-9

Week 17: vs PHI ... PHI is 8-4

That is a combined 32-16 or a winning percentage of 66.7% ... COUNTING the 3-9 record of the Redskins.

What makes you think the Cowboys will be able to win 2 of the last 4 games? Hell, what makes you think they can go to Washington and win that game let alone finding another win in there? What makes you think the Cowboys can win a post season game (presuming they even make the post season) given they can't beat teams with winning records?

I don't know what this Cowboys team is capable of yet. No one does. I do know this though, It isn't the best team in the regular season that wins the superbowl. It's the team that puts it together for a 3 to 4 game stretch in the playoffs. No one would have guessed ARZ would be in the playoffs let alone in the Superbowl. Who gave the Giants a chance to beat the 17-0 Patriots. A play here and a play there decides games and few teams save a few like Detroit have no shot. I agree that we haven't beaten anyone yet but who's to say they can't lest they prove it on the field. I believe we can get it done like every year just because I am a fan and want to see us win. All I am saying is Wade is not the problem as far as I see, and the only way to find out is to give it 5 years. I believe we have most of the pieces to do well, as I have seen teams do with less. I believe this team can beat All four of the next opponents just as you say they may only win one. Why because I think they have the talent to do it. That's just what I think and we will surely find out. Fact is some of those teams on your list have lost to teams we have beaten. So does that mean they have no shot? I just choose to remain optimistic instead of throwing in the towel with 4 games left that's all.

I don't know what this Cowboys team is capable of yet. No one does. I do know this though, It isn't the best team in the regular season that wins the superbowl. It's the team that puts it together for a 3 to 4 game stretch in the playoffs. No one would have guessed ARZ would be in the playoffs let alone in the Superbowl. Who gave the Giants a chance to beat the 17-0 Patriots. A play here and a play there decides games and few teams save a few like Detroit have no shot. I agree that we haven't beaten anyone yet but who's to say they can't lest they prove it on the field. I believe we can get it done like every year just because I am a fan and want to see us win. All I am saying is Wade is not the problem as far as I see, and the only way to find out is to give it 5 years. I believe we have most of the pieces to do well, as I have seen teams do with less. I believe this team can beat All four of the next opponents just as you say they may only win one. Why because I think they have the talent to do it. That's just what I think and we will surely find out. Fact is some of those teams on your list have lost to teams we have beaten. So does that mean they have no shot? I just choose to remain optimistic instead of throwing in the towel with 4 games left that's all.

I wonder when the last time was that the Cowboys put together a 3 to 4 game win streak after December 1st?

Exactly, Dallas lives and dies with every game which is good in the sense that our team is supported but bad in the sense that it creates instability in the organization. It is hard to stay with anything for any length of time due to the outside pressures to win now and often and all the time. They are in a sense a victum of their own success. I too have my bad days with them and want heads to roll in bad loses but I try to keep perspective and stay a hard core fan. I love that we are 8-4 no matter how we got there. Look at Denver going 6-0 then tanking 5 in a row, if that happened in Dallas heads would roll and the pressure would be unbearable to change something. Or the Giants losing 4of 5 but still fighting. Dallas is a funny place to play but I love em. Dallas fans are very hard on our team and the media is just crippling. I will wait and see but looking forward to what this team this year can do. Sad thing is, it's our own media and fans that are our undoing, making up stories and trying to divide the team, management and coaching staff. Rather then rally around our Boys we throw them under the buss every chance we get. Romo for example, is the best QB we have had in some time but the fans and media try to destroy his confidence and minimize his performances. No team I can recall get so much attention for winning or lossing. Guess it goes with the territory but lay some the the blame on us as fans as well as other outside influences that make it harder to win in Dallas then anywhere else.

Go Boys.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I wonder when the last time was that the Cowboys put together a 3 to 4 game win streak after December 1st?

I am hopeful that it will be 2009. We will see. Don't give up now Grits. I know you don't want to get your heart broke but hang in there. Were in the stretch.

fact is, we have Wade now and that isn't going to change, but rather then rally around him, I am the only guy here defending our team. See what I mean, seems like most Cowboys fans would rather be 4-8 so the coach would go then 8-4 pulling for them to win. Just like I said, Cowboys fans are very hard on our team. We aren't happy unless we are undefeated and blowing teams out by 20 points a game. Not one fan here save me seems to want Wade to do well. I pull for our coach and our team to win. Not lose so we can start over. I pull for Romo to win and get better while other just want to tear him down and hope he fails and start over. I don't want to start over. I want this team and this coach to win and if they can't then fine, move on but I am behind our team and coaches until they prove over time they can't get it done. Just because he hasn't yet doesn't mean he can't. Because every coach hasn't yet unitl the do. I just hope he does it soon.

Edited by Cowboyz1

fact is, we have Wade now and that isn't going to change, but rather then rally around him, I am the only guy here defending our team. See what I mean, seems like most Cowboys fans would rather be 4-8 so the coach would go then 8-4 pulling for them to win. Just like I said, Cowboys fans are very hard on our team. We aren't happy unless we are undefeated and blowing teams out by 20 points a game. Not one fan here save me seems to want Wade to do well. I pull for our coach and our team to win. Not lose so we can start over. I pull for Romo to win and get better while other just want to tear him down and hope he fails and start over. I don't want to start over. I want this team and this coach to win and if they can't then fine, move on but I am behind our team and coaches until they prove over time they can't get it done. Just because he hasn't yet doesn't mean he can't. Because every coach hasn't yet unitl the do. I just hope he does it soon.

We can rally all we want ... how exactly will that improve his laid back poor coaching? Do I want the Cowboys win, absolutely! I just don't see how this team can get it down under doughboy. I'm not sure what the doughboy has ever done that inspires the confidence you obviously have in him. My problem is I see all the talent and I know where this team could be under a REAL HC versus the doughboy we have now.

Plus freakin' one. Pittsburgh's goin in the tank. Where's the bitching about Tomlin? Why are'nt people calling for his head?

I don't remember the #'s but Wade's record since coming to Dallas is outstanding. How about we hold the players accountable?

Tough stretch coming up..we're about to find out what they're made of. Hopefully it isn't glass...

Fisher has the most seniority of any active coach, and with that comes a lot of respect. And obviously with coaching that long obviously he's done some things right over the years. I'm not sure if I would say "one of the best" though.

Fair enough. But maybe Titans Homers can help me out. Tennessee had to go into rebuilding mode after their Super bowl run. Salary cap hell if I recall. And yet even in a division with Manning here they are with wildcard appearances with teams full of average talent. 2008 was certainly a talented team that could have done more. Too bad CJ got injured in the playoff game. As for 2009, not much can go right when all 3 of your starting corners are injured at the same time.

Anways, Fisher tends to get the most out of his players. They could have quit at 0-6 but instead they made it into a rallying cry. I would want a coach who can do that to coach my team.

Maybe Adams thinks his message is getting stale. Maybe he'll flip him the bird at season's end. IMO he'd be canning one of the best in the league today.

haha... not confused at all, i know the resume... Under his Cowboy regime, the offense hasn't been the problem in my mind, he's done well with them.. the defense can't get off the field ever when they absolutely have to...

Maybe I should have re-stated that. You said Wade was a great offensive coordinator. He has been coaching since 1969 and not once has he ever been an offensive coordinator. He should get no credit for what the offense does. Jason Garrett was hired before he was so he can't take credit for that hire either.

I said it last year and I've said it this year, this team has no heart. That was obvious in the Baltimore and Philly games at the end of last season and it's been obvious the last few weeks this year. I think Wade is a nice enough guy and very likable. But, if this team falls apart in December once again, a change has to be made.

Fisher, Shanny, Holmgren, Gruden or Billick. I'd take any of these guys. Each would be an upgrade over what is there now. I'd also be willing to bet that they each have a big enough ego to think they are the one that could make it work with Jones.

We can rally all we want ... how exactly will that improve his laid back poor coaching? Do I want the Cowboys win, absolutely! I just don't see how this team can get it down under doughboy. I'm not sure what the doughboy has ever done that inspires the confidence you obviously have in him. My problem is I see all the talent and I know where this team could be under a REAL HC versus the doughboy we have now.

Parcells and Wade have identical body types but Wade has the better record with Dallas, so why is Wade the Doughboy and Parcells the Dr.? Wade and his dad are good solid coaches that treat his players with respect. Unlike Parcells who used intimidation and humiliation to get his players to play. I respect a guy who can scheme well and treat his players like human beings. I hope Wade gets his chance to prove all the bashers wrong and in Elway fashion win big in the twilight of his coaching career. Then what while everyone say"it was the players" I suspect. I like Wade period and I hope he wins big, he and his family deserve a win as hard and dedicated he has worked in his life.

Parcells and Wade have identical body types but Wade has the better record with Dallas, so why is Wade the Doughboy and Parcells the Dr.? Wade and his dad are good solid coaches that treat his players with respect. Unlike Parcells who used intimidation and humiliation to get his players to play. I respect a guy who can scheme well and treat his players like human beings. I hope Wade gets his chance to prove all the bashers wrong and in Elway fashion win big in the twilight of his coaching career. Then what while everyone say"it was the players" I suspect. I like Wade period and I hope he wins big, he and his family deserve a win as hard and dedicated he has worked in his life.

Bill Parcells was a great GM in Dallas but not a good HC. When Bill was here I was pretty vocal in this opinion.

Plus freakin' one. Pittsburgh's goin in the tank. Where's the bitching about Tomlin? Why are'nt people calling for his head?

I don't remember the #'s but Wade's record since coming to Dallas is outstanding. How about we hold the players accountable?

Tough stretch coming up..we're about to find out what they're made of. Hopefully it isn't glass...

Re Tomlin: You tend to get a pass if you're the defending SuperBowl Champion Coach. Everyone's problem with Wade is his post-season record. That could still change. But until it does, IF it does, the criticism seems valid to me.

Where's the bitching about Tomlin? Last time I checked Tomlin has a superbowl title under his belt. What has Wade ever won?

Fair point but the critique of the owner/GM remains. Steelers is exactly the type of organization I'm referring to in my above post. Owners of teams like the Steelers tend not to hire and fire and sign and cut on a whim. In 40 years, the Steelers have had as many HCs as Dallas has had in the past 9 years. It's somewhat apples-to-oranges but to deny Jones' megalomania is to deny what ails the Cowboys organization.

You can trace the current problems back to Jones' infamous quote after Johnson won him a SB... "any one of 500 coaches could have won those Super Bowls." It's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with the Cowboys. The talent has almost always been there but to be a consistent winner and to consistently make the playoffs and win playoff games, you need continuity. Jones goes out of his way to create the opposite.

Edited by kingfish247

Fair point but the critique of the owner/GM remains. Steelers is exactly the type of organization I'm referring to in my above post. Owners of teams like the Steelers tend not to hire and fire and sign and cut on a whim. In 40 years, the Steelers have had as many HCs as Dallas has had in the past 9 years. It's somewhat apples-to-oranges but to deny Jones' megslomania is to deny what ails the Cowboys organization.

You can trace the current problems back to Jones' infamous quote after Johnson won him a SB... "any one of 500 coaches could have won those Super Bowls." It's a perfect illustration of what's wrong with the Cowboys. The talent has almost always been there but to be a consistent winner and to consistently make the playoffs and win playoff games, you need continuity. Jones goes out of his way to create the opposite.

Preaching to the choir ... I have long maintained that the Cowboys will never return the glory days as long as Jerry is the GM/coach.

Preaching to the choir ... I have long maintained that the Cowboys will never return the glory days as long as Jerry is the GM/coach.

Then you have to agree that if the Rooneys were to let leak that "any one of 500 coaches could have won [that] Super Bowl" it would be equally as damaging and wrong as what Jones has done and continues to do with his team.

See, Tomlin gets a pass because his owner (and fans) stand by the HC, staff, and players. The SB helps but the fact remains that most teams with owners/GMs that emphasize continuity are generally more successful than those that do not. Therefore, what is to be gained by firing Phillips after only his 3rd season? After winning 30 games out of 44?

Then you have to agree that if the Rooneys were to let leak that "any one of 500 coaches could have won [that] Super Bowl" it would be equally as damaging and wrong as what Jones has done and continues to do with his team.

See, Tomlin gets a pass because his owner (and fans) stand by the HC, staff, and players. The SB helps but the fact remains that most teams with owners/GMs that emphasize continuity are generally more successful than those that do not. Therefore, what is to be gained by firing Phillips after only his 3rd season? After winning 30 games out of 44?

William Clay Ford is a good example. He continued to keep Millen as GM when everyone else was calling for Millen's head. Continuity at its finest.