[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miss the playoffs?

MTSuper7

I challenge someone to beat this one:

Two weeks ago I had the lead in my division in one league. I am now out of the playoffs, having lost the last two weeks by a combined .75 points. That's right. The losses were by less than a point combined.

:D

There's no way anyone beats this. :wacko:

I challenge someone to beat this one:

Two weeks ago I had the lead in my division in one league. I am now out of the playoffs, having lost the last two weeks by a combined .75 points. That's right. The losses were by less than a point combined.

:wacko:

It must be a VP scoring league ???

In 2007 I lost $3,500 and my league title game by .45 pts when I had no TE for week 16 since my 2 TE's both got hurt week 15 and I could not pick 1 up.

Does that qualify ?

How can that top your bad beat in 1998 when you got DQ'd from $450,000 for being a compulsive liar?

Highest points for the year, 3rd best all play record. 1 more win would have put me in. Week 3 where Indy was just trying to run the clock out at the end of the 4th quarter and end up 4th and around 7. Manning passes it to Wayne for the first down, and the extra points Wayne gets on that catch gave my opponent the .28 point win.

In 2007 I lost $3,500 and my league title game by .45 pts when I had no TE for week 16 since my 2 TE's both got hurt week 15 and I could not pick 1 up.

Does that qualify ?

No, because as you've told us a thousand times, that's also the year that Randy Moss won you 9 championships for 20 bagilion dollars, so I'd call that a wash.

My bad beat: Taking the under in a bet on how many times Muto will bring up how many more leagues and how much more money he plays for.

But seriously, I am on the verge of losing my playoff spot to a clueless auto-drafing girl who hasn't replaced bye week players or taken out Westbrook until now. But somehow she gets handed the win almost every week. We go H2H this week for the final playoff spot, and of course I'm the one guy who gets to play her with a healthy lineup.

I'll give you some cumulative bad luck from my work league. #2 overall scoring, #1 PA, 5-8 record.

Lost a game when San Fran D put up 42 against Boller and the Rams.

Lost a game when Reggie Wayne threw a pick.

Lost a game when MJD took a knee at the 1

Losing by under a point will sting for a while. I hear ya. But losing when ridiculous things happen to your superior team hurts just as badly.

What's VP?

VP = victory points

VP's are earned by winning a H2H and by total points scored

Each league assigns them differently but in all of my leagues that uses VP's (7 leagues total )

they are all awarded the same.

2pts for a win in H2H

2pt for the 4 highest scores of the week

1pt for the next 4 highest score of the week

0pts for the bottom 6 teams ( these are 14 team leagues )

So the best you can do is a 4VP week by winning your H2H game and being one of the 4 highest scoring teams that week.

Then at the end of the regular season the teams with the most VP's go to the playoffs.

It's a way of combining H2H play along with Total points play with equal weight going to both.

VP = victory points

Each league assigns them differently but in all of my leagues that uses VP's (7 leagues total )

2pts for a win in H2H

So the best you can do is a 4VP week by winning your H2H game and being one of the 4 highest scoring teams that week.

Then at the end of the regular season the teams with the most VP's go to the playoffs.

It's a way of combining H2H play along with Total points play with equal weight going to both.

Wow, I've never been in a league like that. Interesting concept though. No, I just got bamboozled the old fashioned way.

Was up by 30+ points going into the Sunday night game....

He had Larry Fitzgerald & Jermichael Finley

I had Ray Rice

Going into Monday night, we are tied...

I have Ray Rice

He has Jermichael Finley

We all know how that ended up.... now im out the playoffs....

VP = victory points

2pts for a win in H2H

Does MFL do that for you?

Does MFL do that for you?

Yes & no ,,, they are set up for 12 team or less leagues

With 14 team leagues you have to manually input but can use their scoring to double check.

They have it set up so the ( 12 team ) highest 4 get 2VP's / Lowest 4 gets O VP"s

Therefore by default the middle 4 teams get 1VP but when you use that formula for a 14 team league six teams get 1 VP instead of 4 teams

confused yet ? or does it make sense ?

At least my bad beat was 7.1 points. I mean it was bad because I started Carney and did not catch that he was out. It was also bad because last week I lost by .08. Over the past three weeks I lost three straight games by a total 12.4. I was never in first but I had strong hold on second and a bye. Then I faded to a three way tie for the last spot that I could not win. :wacko:

Yes & no ,,, they are set up for 12 team or less leagues

With 14 team leagues you have to manually input but can use their scoring to double check.

They have it set up so the ( 12 team ) highest 4 get 2VP's / Lowest 4 gets O VP"s

Therefore by default the middle 4 teams get 1VP but when you use that formula for a 14 team league six teams get 1 VP instead of 4 teams

confused yet ? or does it make sense ?

Makes sense, thanks.