[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody else go 7-0 tonight?

BeachBum

Whew! Most of these games were me needing the other team's players to NOT do something, the absolute worst way to watch MNF. I never posted in any of those many "What do you need" threads cause I was too confused. But here's the summary:

Local: Got 1st round Bye when Rodgers/Rice got > 5 pts. easy.

HOT: Had 14 point lead in 1st round playoff game, with Driver's 13 against GB Def (19 points!) . Win.

32 Homers: Needed SF to lose both games by Driver scoring less than 11 points. He does. Win Division.

BOTH league: make playoffs if Grant gets < 16. He does. In.

Local money league: Win if Rice scores more than Grant. He does, WIn.

And other BOTH Dynasty, already clinched last playoff spot with win.

That's a 7-0 weekend (in 6 leagues), 1 playoff win, 4 make playoffs, 1 need one more win next week to make playoffs.

Whew, I love this game!

HOT: Had 14 point lead in 1st round playoff game, with Driver's 13 against GB Def (19 points!) . Win.

32 Homers: Needed SF to lose both games by Driver scoring less than 11 points. He does. Win Division

Kinda curious as to how this worked out...

32 Homers: Needed SF to lose both games by Driver scoring less than 11 points. He does. Win Division

Kinda curious as to how this worked out...

1st one is PPR, 2nd one not. (And I didn't really count the actual points, just knew the result! Actually Driver had 9+ in the first, 8 or so in the other)

Edited by BeachBum

Eleven leagues... I've gone 10-1 a couple of times this year, but never 11-0. Tonight was about as crazy as it gets, though:

Local - Down by 11 going into tonight, I had the GB defense... Won by 6.

TML (BOTH) - Down by about 55 going into tonight... I had Driver, Finley, Crosby, and GB Defense against Rice. Won by five points, and secured a first-round bye (I think).

Work league - Up by roughly 20 going into tonight... I had Crosby, and my opponent had Rodgers. Ended in a 192-192 tie... If the 32-yard FG at the end by Crosby had been 35 yards or more, I would have gotten another two points, and won. Instead, because of the tie, I drop from the #2 seed to #4, which means no bye for me. Not to mention, the outcome determined whether or not three other teams made the playoffs, including my opponent, who now squeezes in with the tie (a loss would have eliminated him). To make things even more interesting, we now face off again next week (4 vs 5).

Redraft Wars (BOTH) - Already secured a playoff spot, but had a chance to knock division rival Stingers out of the playoffs. She had Woodson going tonight, and needed 8 points... Came down to the very end, and she got the last tackle she needed on a play in which Woodson didn't come within five feet of touching the receiver (Heap). But, since he was the closest defender, he was credited with the tackle. Stingers wins (and makes the playoffs) as a result... 192.2 - 191.3 We now face off again next week in the playoffs, for the rubber match of the season.

Fantasy football can literally be a game of inches sometimes. :wacko:

10-1 this week. lost by one point.

You guys find being in 11 leagues enjoyable? Aren't you playing FF all of the time? I'm working at it a lot being in three leagues; I can't imagine what you must do to stay competitive in 11 leagues.

How do you root for anyone? You must have just about every player in the league on one team or another.

I was in 5 leagues one year and did not enjoy it whatsoever. If one of my guys scored for me, the same guy scored against me in another.

Do you have kids/a spouse/a job?

I'm not knocking you, I'm just really curious.

LOCAL

Rough start to the season, won the last 6 in a row to finish 7-6 but needed help from another team last night to make the playoffs... took the last wildcard.

FOFF

Horror of horrors my son defeated me this week for a clean sweep this year :wacko: my sucky 5-8 record doesn't get even a whiff of the playoffs.

HANNIBALS

Been struggling in this league as well. Lost Cooley, replaced him with Pettigrew, replaced Pettigrew with Jermichael. A victory this week put my record at 6-7 and I took the wild card in our conferenced based on total points tie-breaker. FYI ... there is not a team with a better record that is not in the playoffs

CORE

Yeah I won this week to move to 8-5 but need a win next week to make the playoffs against the best team in the league ... a team I just can't ever seem to defeat in week 14. This league has two conferences of 6 with only 4 teams making the playoffs (two from each conference) and only two weeks of playoffs.

HEFFA

Stayed alive another week thanks to the woes of Rhino.

You guys find being in 11 leagues enjoyable? Aren't you playing FF all of the time? I'm working at it a lot being in three leagues; I can't imagine what you must do to stay competitive in 11 leagues.

How do you root for anyone? You must have just about every player in the league on one team or another.

I was in 5 leagues one year and did not enjoy it whatsoever. If one of my guys scored for me, the same guy scored against me in another.

Six wins in one league, the IBL. We have 7 matchups each week in the regular season, and 6 during the playoffs. But you still have to add in one league that I had a first round bye in and I didn't include two Rapid Draft leagues that I'm in. They don't count for anything.

I try to build my teams as similar as possible during the drafts. I don't try to have a completely different team just to see if I go in another direction. Sure, I can't make them all the same, but my approach is the same. Sometimes, I screw up and forget to make a move here or there, but usually, I have a clear idea who's on each team. Not really that hard, considering I think this is fun.

I actually miscounted... I'm in 13 football leagues, if I include the College Pick'Em League and the Huddle MVP Challenge Memorial League. The key for me is that the format is different in every league... that's what keeps me interested in so many different leagues. The only exception to that is that I've been in Dynasty Wars III since it's inception, and just joined Dynasty Warz II this year, when they had an opening. Those two leagues are basically identical... format, scoring, etc. Every other league that I'm in is different than the rest... I enjoy the variety.

The other common thread is that all of my leagues are very competitive, and for the most part, are made up of great groups of people. I enjoy competing with the guys/gals in my leagues, and purposely join the most competitive leagues I can find. If you include the two hoops leagues that I'm in here at the Huddle, 12 of my 15 leagues (basketball and football) are BOTH leagues, or at least leagues that started here at the Huddle. The other three are two long-time locals, and a third that I found out about while cruising this message board years ago.

To answer your other questions, I'm married, no kids (yet), and have worked the same job for 14 years. I've done both (my job and fantasy football) for so long that I have been able to find a way to be successful at both without dedicating too much time to either one. It took me literally years to learn how to do that... I used to spend far too much time on both, to be honest. At some point in the future, things will change (most likely when kids enter the picture), but for now, I'm happy with it. If it gets to the point where this becomes a chore, I will scale back or quit. For now, though, I honestly wouldn't know which of my leagues I would leave, if I had to make a choice.

I actually miscounted... I'm in 13 football leagues, if I include the College Pick'Em League and the Huddle MVP Challenge Memorial League. The key for me is that the format is different in every league... that's what keeps me interested in so many different leagues. The only exception to that is that I've been in Dynasty Wars III since it's inception, and just joined Dynasty Warz II this year, when they had an opening. Those two leagues are basically identical... format, scoring, etc. Every other league that I'm in is different than the rest... I enjoy the variety.

The other common thread is that all of my leagues are very competitive, and for the most part, are made up of great groups of people. I enjoy competing with the guys/gals in my leagues, and purposely join the most competitive leagues I can find. If you include the two hoops leagues that I'm in here at the Huddle, 12 of my 15 leagues (basketball and football) are BOTH leagues, or at least leagues that started here at the Huddle. The other three are two long-time locals, and a third that I found out about while cruising this message board years ago.

To answer your other questions, I'm married, no kids (yet), and have worked the same job for 14 years. I've done both (my job and fantasy football) for so long that I have been able to find a way to be successful at both without dedicating too much time to either one. It took me literally years to learn how to do that... I used to spend far too much time on both, to be honest. At some point in the future, things will change (most likely when kids enter the picture), but for now, I'm happy with it. If it gets to the point where this becomes a chore, I will scale back or quit. For now, though, I honestly wouldn't know which of my leagues I would leave, if I had to make a choice.

research for 1 league vs 100 is pretty much the same thing.

I actually miscounted... I'm in 13 football leagues, if I include the College Pick'Em League and the Huddle MVP Challenge Memorial League.

I didn't include the MVP Challenge Memorial since it's not a W/L league for the week. It is also the most challenging league that I'm in. It involves more strategy than most of my other leagues combined. I highly recommend that league and it is open to all since it's not a H2H league.

research for 1 league vs 100 is pretty much the same thing.

Yep... The research is about the same. The only thing that changes is the time spent submitting, checking, and re-checking lineups, to make sure I didn't miss something. I actually have a spreadsheet I use weekly, to keep track of my players, as well as my opponents' players. That way, I can keep an eye on everything in one place.

There are actually a LOT of top players that I don't have on any teams... Brady, Schaub, Roethlisberger, etc. I tend to like some players more than most people, and other players less... So, my teams are somewhat similar in that I took some of the same chances in many leagues (Thomas Jones and Brandon Marshall are the two that come to mind).

HOw does your wife feel about it? I invited my wife (finance at the time) to join my league so that a) we'd have more stuff to do together and :wacko: she couldn't complain too much when I am on the computer all the time checking player news, etc. (although that has changed now that I can do most of my research on my 'leisure' time at work).

Nah, 11 is way too many. I'd say six plus a survivor pool or pick-em contest is just right. :wacko:

As I think somebody else said earlier, I like being in many different FORMATS! I'm in 6 Leagues, plus one Survivor League, and a couple of other contests. None of them are the same - different numbers of teams, different roster sizes, different scoring systems, and different levels of expertise of the owners.

My enjoyment comes from trying to determine which players will do well IN THIS LEAGUE's format! Some are PPR, some are QB friendly, some have a talent pool so shallow (32 Homers) that you are excited when Maurice Stovall scores 7 points, some are with people who don't understand what I've just told you.I made my most money, oops I mean enjoyed it most, in a league where you got double points for a RB catching a TD; a QB rushing for a TD; etc. Would you draft different if those were your rules?

Oh, and as I said at the beginning of this thread, Monday night was a real problem, because I needed Driver to score 7 points (so I could win), but not 10 or 15 where I would lose. (Did I tell you I WON all seven?)

OK, I am retired, but I am quite busy with being Treasurer and Board member of a local non-profit, a Founder and board member of a city Arts Project, a grandfather to a 10 month old, and a regular member of two golf groups - Tuesday and Thursday. (Oh and an occasional Friday)

Oh and I've forgotten what the question was?

Edited by BeachBum

TML (BOTH) - Down by about 55 going into tonight... I had Driver, Finley, Crosby, and GB Defense against Rice. Won by five points, and secured a first-round bye (I think).

:wacko:

Good game. Hard to be too angry because I needed that late TD from Rodgers (to Finley) in 2 other leagues just to make the playoffs. If I can win or back in the playoffs in the Huddler Ladder I will see postseason action in all 5 of my BOTH leagues and 1 local league.

Yep... The research is about the same. The only thing that changes is the time spent submitting, checking, and re-checking lineups, to make sure I didn't miss something. I actually have a spreadsheet I use weekly, to keep track of my players, as well as my opponents' players. That way, I can keep an eye on everything in one place.

There are actually a LOT of top players that I don't have on any teams... Brady, Schaub, Roethlisberger, etc. I tend to like some players more than most people, and other players less... So, my teams are somewhat similar in that I took some of the same chances in many leagues (Thomas Jones and Brandon Marshall are the two that come to mind).

Don't forget about the time it takes to do all the waivers especially when your in 15 different leagues that do blind bidding you have to check your needs and find out which players are out there because not all the same players will be there in every league. Then when you have that breaking 12:30 Sunday morning news your like what league was it I have him in ? So you have to go to your multi colored spreadsheet to find out this way you don't have to go through your 27 different teams to find that player because before you know it..it's 1 PM.

Also a lot easier to miss the fact that you have a player on bye like a kicker and if your only pick up time is Friday 8 PM and you don't notice by then your fubarbed. Trust me 27 leagues is no picnic.

Trust me 27 leagues is no picnic.

27 leagues? Wow. I believe that would be way too many for me. I'm doing ten this year and I don't really count WCOFF's free trial league. Ten seems just about right, but honestly I wish I was in a few more. However, I do screw up and forget to do something for one league or another.

27 - that's a man who loves his fantasy football.