[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I won on the Rodgers kneel down

Jastrmerel

force outs are counted as tackles?

I didn't think so until now, maybe Woodson pushed him out?

I was up .3, gave a sigh of relief when Heap ran out of bounds before Woodson could tackle him, then Woodson was credited with another tackle.

From NFL.com:

3-14-GB 49 (:43) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short right to 86-T.Heap ran ob at GB 38 for 11 yards (21-C.Woodson).

Is that a tackle by MFL standards? Big John?

I was up .3, gave a sigh of relief when Heap ran out of bounds before Woodson could tackle him, then Woodson was credited with another tackle.

From NFL.com:

3-14-GB 49 (:43) (Shotgun) 5-J.Flacco pass short right to 86-T.Heap ran ob at GB 38 for 11 yards (21-C.Woodson).

stat corrections come out on thursdays. i don't know if you'd be allowed to protest it, but i check stat corrections all the time and the most common corrections seem to involve number of tackles.

There is no way the NFL should count kneel downs as rushing yards. It's flat stupid.
Are ball spikes considered incomplete passes? I believe they do.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with the logic, but I think it still has to count as -1 yards as the ball spot moves backwards and the clock continues to run just as a rushing play. For a ball spike, it counts as a incomplete as a receiver didn't catch it and the clock stops. Yes it sucks for fantasy players like Jastrmerel's opponent that may lose on such a play, but the NFL doesn't really care a whole lot about an individual stat like that affecting fantasy players. I'm sure every QB that gets the -1 yard much rather would have a win credited to them then the yard they lose.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with the logic, but I think it still has to count as -1 yards as the ball spot moves backwards and the clock continues to run just as a rushing play. For a ball spike, it counts as a incomplete as a receiver didn't catch it and the clock stops. Yes it sucks for fantasy players like Jastrmerel's opponent that may lose on such a play, but the NFL doesn't really care a whole lot about an individual stat like that affecting fantasy players. I'm sure every QB that gets the -1 yard much rather would have a win credited to them then the yard they lose.

exactly. You need to make it cut and dry

yet it is NOT intentional grounding and honetsly it doesn't get much more intentional than that.

edit: not sure I have ever seen a QB credited with -2 yards but could swear that there are times they take the knee 2 yards deep (when they do that little stutter step then kneel)

Edited by keggerz

yet it is NOT intentional grounding and honetsly it doesn't get much more intentional than that.

I've often wondered that myself. You're in the pocket, the ball doesn't cross the line of scrimmage and is not thrown in the direction of an eligible receiver. Aren't those the primary criteria?

They have a rule that it is intentional grounding only if the passer is trying to avoid a sack rather than trying to stop the clock.

I've often wondered that myself. You're in the pocket, the ball doesn't cross the line of scrimmage and is not thrown in the direction of an eligible receiver. Aren't those the primary criteria?

Yep

edit: unless it has something to do with avoiding a loss of yardage? can check the rule book later tonite when I get home

Edited by keggerz

Why not count the kneel down as a sack or a tackle ?.

A kneel down is not a sack since there was never an intention to pass the ball on that play. And no tackle to a defensive player as the QB knelt to give up and say he is down where he kneels.

There is no way the NFL should count kneel downs as rushing yards. It's flat stupid.

I thought it was the difference between fantasy football and real football. A clear instance where the two collide. Just like the spike being an incomplete pass. In both instances it is the QB that is hurt statistically. THAT is what is called taking one for the team. :wacko:

From NFL.com:

:wacko: If they reverse that I lose...

Tackles are an unofficial stat anyway, so why count it in fantasy IMO...

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/spo...l.141e71c8.html

I love the IDP in fantasy.

From NFL.com:

I know I was credited with a Dunta Robinson tackle a few weeks ago when he forced Chris Johnson (I think) out of bounds.