[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this cheating?

kenny

My friend has Deangelo Williams and did not realize that he was inactive this past week. I called him 5 minutes before game time and let him know so that he could change his lineup. He won because i called him. His opponent knew that I called him and is claiming that we cheated because I gave him advice.

Is this cheating? Or is the opponent being a soar loser?

You didn't give him advice. You stated a fact to someone. His opponent is being a sore loser and would rather win on his opponents stupidity than the strength of his own team. I hate winning when the other team plays an injured player or a player on a bye.

I don't think it's cheating but I don't involve myself in other people's games either. I'm of the mind that each owner is responsible for his own team. I will tell my opponent when he's starting a player on bye, etc. but I won't tell someone else in the league who is not playing me.

I don't think it's cheating but I don't involve myself in other people's games either. I'm of the mind that each owner is responsible for his own team. I will tell my opponent when he's starting a player on bye, etc. but I won't tell someone else in the league who is not playing me.

Very honorable, but I'm almost the polar opposite. I definitely would NOT tell someone I'm playing that he had someone in who was on bye and would only tell someone else if it were to my team's benefit to do so. Make of that what you will, but it's neither cheating nor unethical. It's just smart play in my book.

Very honorable, but I'm almost the polar opposite. I definitely would NOT tell someone I'm playing that he had someone in who was on bye and would only tell someone else if it were to my team's benefit to do so. Make of that what you will, but it's neither cheating nor unethical. It's just smart play in my book.

I agree. Why should I manage a team for someone else? It's their team, it's their responsibility.

+1

Sure it does, in my $70,000 local I reminded my opponent that he forgot to start a QB and he beat me and won the title and cash because of that. It's how I roll just FYI.

That was great of you. Thanks again. I'm sending you my old huffy (for Christmas) since I can afford a new one thanks to your fair play.

Sure it does, in my $70,000 local I reminded my opponent that he forgot to start a QB and he beat me and won the title and cash because of that. It's how I roll just FYI.

And another MR. Muto is borne :D

Just kidding, that gave me a hugh laugh :wacko:

This post makes no sense.

Well now, in the 3000 leagues I'm in, 2900 of them I'm in 1st place, 76 in 2nd place, 24 3rd place, all of which I'm in the playoffs...

What point was I going to make again, besides the fact most of these are for $2500, a couple are $250,000, and a few lowly $500 leagues?

Anyways, back to the point, by the way, I did get hosed a couple times in them 3rd place leagues....

My friend has Deangelo Williams and did not realize that he was inactive this past week. I called him 5 minutes before game time and let him know so that he could change his lineup. He won because i called him. His opponent knew that I called him and is claiming that we cheated because I gave him advice.

Is this cheating? Or is the opponent being a soar loser?

A buddy of mine that plays in my league called last Sunday to ask if I would post his players online because his internet was down. I did. Would this also be considered aiding and abetting?! Shoot, when we used to call our line-ups into the commish, he would sometimes tell us of late-breaking injuries. Unless you've gambled your house on the season -- and you would deserve to lose for the gross stupidity -- this needs to be kept in perspective: it's a game, and not even one we're playing ourselves.

....it's a game, and not even one we're playing ourselves.

Excuse me??

The "game" you reference is fantasy football, and oftentimes for some decent coin. It most definitely IS something we're playing ourselves. And al Davis' line does apply... "just win baby". Why play if you're not going to do everthing legal within your power to do that?