[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R. Moss sent home today..

chodan

How will this affect Moss on Sunday NE homers?
He took two years off in Oakland and it didn't have a negative effect on his career. I don't think a one day vacation in the middle of the week will hurt much either. It's not like he needs the practice nor is in danger of being benched. Edited by cdrudge

Report: Late players sent home

Link|Comments (13) Posted by Adam Kilgore, Globe Staff December 9, 2009 10:54 AM

Four Patriots players were sent home because they arrived late today to an 8 a.m. meeting, according to a Tweet made by the Providence Journal's Shalize Manza Young.

Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Gary Guyton, and Derrick Burgess arrived late to the Patriots facility because the weather caused traffic snarl, according to Young's Tweet.

UPDATE: Albert Breer has confirmed the report with a locker room source.

----------------------------

Yes, it was weather related. But hey, if Brady's wife can have a baby and he arrives on time,

well they should have too. I think it's a good move on BB's part and i don't think it will have any

negative effect on any of the players.

why is he an ass or an idiot?

the tean has lost 3 out of 4, 2 in a row for the firat time in years and is on a downward swing.

what the hell is wrong with holding players to their commitments?

weather is not an excuse up here...you deal with it.

agreed

amazing that grown men who play football for millions of dollars would bot be able to make sure they are in time for any related team function , etc ...and that people would blame the coach when he is doing his job and imposing rules that should be followed to bghin with

Tom Coughlin is famous for making a stink about players being on time for meetings.

Standard operating procedure for the Pats is to fine the player for being late, so what this should tell you is that the Pats take back to back losses seriously.

Ted Johnson was on one of the sports radio stations this afternoon. He said that players used to be fined $1500 for showing up late or $5k for failing to show up at all. He once took the $5k fine because it was too embarrassing to walk in late to the meeting. I guess there's no way to quietly slink into the back of the room. Everybody there knows you're late. :wacko:

If this has the intended consequence of shaking up the perceived attitude that we're hearing about in the clubhouse, then so be it. I hope it's not too late.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt Moss basically have a mid-week day that he gets off of practice, anyways? :wacko:

If the coach is ticked, it obviously must not have been today. Coulda swore I read or heard something that Randy typically gets(or at least has been getting) a day off of practice several weeks this season. I wanna say there are other vets around the league that this is pretty standard fare for as well? :D

(1) Traffic this morning in Boston was AWFUL. Ice, snow, etc. It's understandable to be late, but sending a message and setting the tone isn't the worst move either, given two straight losses. In any case, Moss barely practices these days to rest his back. No big deal.

(2) Belichick is slipping, there's no doubt. He's made a lot of mistakes.

(3) Moss has been sleeping through more quarters than a narcoleptic peep show dancer. It's been obvious, nevermind the "injury."

Worry about Moss and Belichick because of #2 and #3, because THAT's the story. #1 is just background noise.

My $0.02.

the tean has lost 3 out of 4, 2 in a row for the firat time in years and is on a downward swing. what the hell is wrong with holding players to their commitments?
If you go under the premise that something is wrong when you lose 3 or 4, how does sending home players help correct that? Fine them. Or may them stay later. Or make them run extra laps or whatever. But sending them home I think ultimately leads to more detriment to the team as a whole then it helps to set an example.

If you go under the premise that something is wrong when you lose 3 or 4, how does sending home players help correct that? Fine them. Or may them stay later. Or make them run extra laps or whatever. But sending them home I think ultimately leads to more detriment to the team as a whole then it helps to set an example.

This deserves a, "Come on Man"!

Fine them??!....what? Lunch money?

Make them run laps?....and maybe make them collect all the balls at the end of practice too?

Stay later?!.....and write on the chalk board 100 times, "we talkin bout practice! practice!"

When the QB, captain, leader of your team can pull an all-nighter because his wife just delivered a baby

and STILL SHOW UP ON TIME, setting an example, BUT you can't get your ass out of bed, get your car cleaned off

and get to work on time, you deserve to be sent home.

And yes, I'd say something is wrong when you lose 3 out of 4......

If I know weather is going to be bad, I set my alarm a little earlier so I can get an early jump on traffic to make sure I get to work on time.

Seems pretty simple :wacko:

it amazes me how many people don't do this & then blame everyone/everything else for being late. was everyone aware that it was going to snow? or did it just sneak up & then boom...white death.