[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerome Harrison tonight...

Cunning Runt

Factoring in Cleveland's offense, Pittsburgh's defense, and the weather, what kind of stat line does Harrison put up tonight?

I'm thinking 6 receptions for 43yds plus another 48yds rushing. About right? Too high? Too low?

Not a WDIS, but I'm trying to gauge what other's realistic expectations might be 'cause I do in fact have him and don't really know what to expect.

I think the rushing totals look spot on, however I think you almost have to assume the receiving totals are up around where they were last week (6-7 rec, 60 plus yards). I did read however that he missed practice earlier this week with the flu. Considering his illness and the nasty conditions, I'd imagine he'll prob come out to take a breather more often than he did last week, which could hamper his production by a little bit.

Should I start him over Moats? even over Turner (cause I have a feeling he's not gonna play and I need to win this game)?

PLEASE HELP

:wacko: CR said this is not a WDIS thread, so don't make it one. Ask this in the Advice forum.

Harrison had 7 catches last week. The field reporter on NFLNW just said that they won't be able to throw more that 10 to 15 yards in the wind.

Seems to me Harrison might get 10 catches this week. Quinn doesn't have a rifle. He's going to be very limited to short throws, as best I can predict. Didn't now he had the flu early this week. I'd guess it won't affect him too much. Mangini won't let Quinn throw it long. All signs point to Harrison have a nice PPR night.

I picked up Harrison just because my RB2 options are Forsett or Wells. That and I want something to yell at the bar's TV tonight. I figure it'll make this crappy weather game interesting for me at least.

I like your reasoning there. I am starting Harrison for similar reasons (something to watch on a Thursday). My expectations are mild tonight. I will say, I watched these two teams play earlier in the season and Harrison was the only one who could get anything going on them (came in for a series to spell old balls Lewis) for 5 carries 26 yds (5.2 per). Small sample size but something to cling on to.

FWIW soft prediction is 30-40 yd rushing range and 40 yds receiving. Possibly a short TD run.

Hope its not just wishful thinking.

Edited by DCMartin

I like your reasoning there. I am starting Harrison for similar reasons (something to watch on a Thursday). My expectations are mild tonight. I will say, I watched these two teams play earlier in the season and Harrison was the only one who could get anything going on them (came in for a series to spell old balls Lewis) for 5 carries 26 yds (5.2 per). Small sample size but something to cling on to.

FWIW soft prediction is 30-40 yd rushing range and 40 yds receiving. Possibly a short TD run.

Hope its not just wishful thinking.

If the wind is really bad, I don't see Harrison being much of a factor tonight. The Steelers' rush D is still pretty good. Again, if the wind is bad, the Steelers can just focus on the run. Yes, it's possible that Harrison could catch some short passes, which he excels at, but I think it's a flex play at best. If you can grab Ganther, I'd rather take that risk.

If the wind is really bad, I don't see Harrison being much of a factor tonight. The Steelers' rush D is still pretty good. Again, if the wind is bad, the Steelers can just focus on the run. Yes, it's possible that Harrison could catch some short passes, which he excels at, but I think it's a flex play at best. If you can grab Ganther, I'd rather take that risk.

Agree with you on its a risk. Ganther was gobbled up in my league and Harrison is a Flex play for me...so rollin the dice.

Edited by DCMartin

I've got Jacobs, Harrison, and Ganther.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet.

Against the Steeler's D? Why do you think that?

because he didnt rush for much last week caught a bunch of balls and pitts D aint the real Pitts D without polomalu! So he still wont rush for much but could have success thru the air with screens and outlet passes from quinn just like last week :wacko:

The Steelers D has not been playing well lately. The loss of Troy P changes that defense... alot. I don't think Harrison will get many rushing yards, but 10 catches for 60 to 70 and a TD is what I project. near 100 total yards. If Cleveland gets 200 yards of offense, I think Harrison gets half.

The Steelers D has not been playing well lately. The loss of Troy P changes that defense... alot. I don't think Harrison will get many rushing yards, but 10 catches for 60 to 70 and a TD is what I project. near 100 total yards. If Cleveland gets 200 yards of offense, I think Harrison gets half.

Hope you're right. Started him at the last second hoping for his PPR to carry the day.

Sitting Jacobs.

Hope you're right. Started him at the last second hoping for his PPR to carry the day.

Sitting Jacobs.

I have to think that Mangina is screaming in Quinn's ear about not throwing any INT's. To me that means more check dows and screens to Harrison. I hope I am right too... starting Harrison in a heavy TE scoring league over Fred Davis who is on a hot streak as my flex. I'm on the same boat, in large swells and heavy winds on the mistake by the lake!

The above is a best case scenario for Harrison. It's plausible, but I just don't see that happening. Considering throwing any long passes will be highly risky due to the wind, I say Harrison's production is half of 100.

The above is a best case scenario for Harrison. It's plausible, but I just don't see that happening. Considering throwing any long passes will be highly risky due to the wind, I say Harrison's production is half of 100.

See you in the chat room so I can trash talk yer buttocks off as I am proven to be correct yet again. :wacko::D