[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Forsett

jwb2116

"Justin Forsett will be featured more prominently in this week's game plan than last week," according to the Seattle Times.

What do you guys make of this? When given the opportunity, Forsett hasn't disappointed. And he's going up against a relatively weak rush defense (HOU). Does this make him a decent RB2 or just a nice FLEX play?

I think Forsett is definitely a good play this week as he has shown that even with limited touches he can post viable starter stats. I think, like stated above, that he'll be used more this week and I have him as a Top 10 RB for this week with 65 rushing yards 1 TD, 4 receptions for 35 receiving yards. I'm starting him over Marion Barber and McCoy.

I'm considering bumping Forsett above Maroney and Forte in my PPR league based on what I'm reading out of Seattle (I live here), and it sounds like Mora is finally pulling his head out of his.

Any more thoughts on Forsett? Which 1 of those 3 backs would you start?

I think Forsett is definitely a good play this week as he has shown that even with limited touches he can post viable starter stats. I think, like stated above, that he'll be used more this week and I have him as a Top 10 RB for this week with 65 rushing yards 1 TD, 4 receptions for 35 receiving yards. I'm starting him over Marion Barber and McCoy.

Hey Irish, would you start him over LT?

Hey Irish, would you start him over LT?

Yes. I say that not having to make the decision myself but I do have Forsett projected for better production than LT.

I think 65 yards is quite a bit higher than I would project for him. The Seahawks ground game is just awful. Forsett had success against an Arizona team that didn't think the Seahawks had the balls to hand the ball off, and then against the Rams. Hasn't done much against anyone else. I think the Texans win convincingly, and would be surprised if Forsett gets more than a dozen carries. The LBs of the Texans are fast enough to corral him. I just don't see it.

I don't understand why everybody is on the Forsett train. There's a reason Mora is supporting JJones, and that's because he doesn't own a better back than him. Forsett isn't the answer. Both JJones and Forsett have been good against POOR run defenses, and awful against bad run defenses.

It was only a few weeks ago that Forsett led the charge to set the Seahawks franchise record-low for rushing yards in a game.

Neither of these guys are worth much, because neither are very good, and JJones is the better back of the two, Unless either Jones or Forsett get hurt again, neither will have enough touches to be startable for the fantasy playoffs.

I don't understand why everybody is on the Forsett train. There's a reason Mora is supporting JJones, and that's because he doesn't own a better back than him. Forsett isn't the answer. Both JJones and Forsett have been good against POOR run defenses, and awful against bad run defenses.

It was only a few weeks ago that Forsett led the charge to set the Seahawks franchise record-low for rushing yards in a game.

Neither of these guys are worth much, because neither are very good, and JJones is the better back of the two, Unless either Jones or Forsett get hurt again, neither will have enough touches to be startable for the fantasy playoffs.

Forsett is a young back and is absolutely at this point in their careers a better back than Jones! He does need to earn his stripes but there is no comparison in explosiveness between the 2 jones is just not there anymore! And in the record low rushing game for forsett he still managed to put up 100 yds and a touch thru the air! I do definitely agree with u that barring injury to either back there is too much risk to starting either one during the crucial playoff time!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Why is everyone on the Forsett train? Well, for me he has scored 24.25, 20 and 25.75 points weeks 10-12 in my PPR league. Those are #1 RB points, so he's finding a way to get it done. As has been pointed out, that game he got shut down on the ground he still had a TD and was extremely successful through the air. He's a gamebreaker type, where the consensus is that Julius has very limited upside. Seahawks fans seem to be up in arms about JJ starting and want to see more of Forsett, and they're watching him play every week. What does that tell you?

Seahawks coach Jim Mora said this week that RB Justin Forsett won't be hampered by a quadriceps injury that limited him to five carries for nine yards last week. Mora is still unsure if Julius Jones or Forsett will start at running back vs. the Texans on Sunday, but the reps will be split more evenly. "(Forsett) had a good week of practice," Mora said. "He didn't have any setbacks, and we want to increase his role.

I'm rolling with Forsett as my flex over Hightower/Chris Brown

As a Hawk homer I made a couple posts similar to this, I think Forsett can continue to consistently have value as a "flex type" PPR player in future years, but I don't ever see him routinely getting 20+ or maybe even 15+ carries a game. For now, the O-line can't run block well, and J Jones and Forsett have both had a few good scoring games, but they typically come against bad defenses.

As a Hawk homer I made a couple posts similar to this, I think Forsett can continue to consistently have value as a "flex type" PPR player in future years, but I don't ever see him routinely getting 20+ or maybe even 15+ carries a game. For now, the O-line can't run block well, and J Jones and Forsett have both had a few good scoring games, but they typically come against bad defenses.

I don't disagree. I just think that makes Forsett valuable as that has become a pretty normal situation. There just aren't that many backs that get the lions share of the carries and do well regardless of location and against good defenses as well as bad.

SEA has a great matchup next week.... TB is close to dead last in the NFL vs the run and the Hawks are playing at home.

Yep. I'm debating on using Wells for my RB2 (vs. DET) or Forsett (TB). I'll probably role with Wells, but I think both have decent upside. Not bad for two guys off the waiver wire.

Jones has also been bad against bad run defenses!!!!

Yep. I'm debating on using Wells for my RB2 (vs. DET) or Forsett (TB). I'll probably role with Wells, but I think both have decent upside. Not bad for two guys off the waiver wire.

I have both Forsett and Wells too. I need to play one in a flex spot and am happy that both have a great matchup and appear to be the lead dog. The timing couldnt be better if you have been sitting on these guys.. great matchups.

I have decided to go with Wells because he got nearly every carry this past week while Forsett split pretty evenly with Hightower.

Edited by RussMan