[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What will the Colts do this week and next?

Phazool

I have Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark and Austin Collie on my team and I am wondering if they will sit now that they have clinched. They play Thursday night so the short rest really adds to my concerns about winning my first playoff game. Does anyone have any insight on this situation?

I have Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark and Austin Collie on my team and I am wondering if they will sit now that they have clinched. They play Thursday night so the short rest really adds to my concerns about winning my first playoff game. Does anyone have any insight on this situation?

Last night on the NBC pregame show they interviewed the coach, the gm and many players and the unified message is that the starters will sit a lot. They believe health is the top priority and are not buying the "you have to stay sharp" argument, even though Costas' presentation that it is a bad idea was pretty well-documented.

They asked the GM a crafty question - what is your responsibility to the league (and FF) to play games competitively? He said they had no responsibility other than bringing a healthy team into the playoffs.

From John Oehser's Twitter:

Jim Caldwell said plan to play starters v. Jax Thu doesn't extend beyond that. “That's all I'm going to deal with is this game coming up."

16 minutes ago from web

Colts coach Jim Caldwell: “The only thing that will deter playing time is health issues – whether or not a playuer is capable of playing."

18 minutes ago from web

Colts will play starters at least to Game 14. Colts Jim Caldwell on Jaxe: "We're going to approach the 14th game exactly like we did 1-13."

about 1 hour ago from web

In Wayne's case it won't matter, he's been a total FF turd lately. :wacko:

True, but the matchup looks like a good one for Wayne this week. What worries me is that he is still on the injury report with a foot injury. That could mean he plays one series and sits, even with the comments made about approaching week 15 just like they did week 14. They want to be healthy for the playoffs. Wayne apparently has an injury issue. Maybe that is why the likes of a D Bly was able to shut him down.

I can see Wayne, Addai and Clark sitting early. I'd add Manning, but they don't have a backup for him. Painter? Not until the game is done. I think much of the Indy D line plays less than a half too. I think the rest of the WR's will play a lot, maybe even Baskett.

In my opinion, how much Manning plays will be affected by the health of the offensive line they put in front of him. His tackles have been banged up. I don't see him taking a ton of snaps behind back-up offensive linemen.

I do think the Colts try to win this game Thursday, so I think we'll see a healthy dose of starters, unless it gets out of hand one way or another.

Indianapolis Colts rookie starting cornerback Jerraud Powers has been ruled out for Thursday night’s game at Jacksonville with a hamstring injury, team officials advised today in an injury report.

Powers suffered the injury in the Colts’ 28-16 home victory Sunday over Denver. The rookie said it was just a slight strain, but the team has decided to play it safe.

Coach Jim Caldwell and president Bill Polian have said some injured players would be rested now that the team (13-0) has secured the AFC No. 1 seed and home-field advantage throughout the upcoming playoffs.

The other players ruled out were not a surprise. Rookie running back Donald Brown (chest); safety Aaron Francisco (ankle); wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez (knee); and kicker Adam Vinatieri (right knee) have missed extensive time this season.

Defensive ends Dwight Freeney (abdomen); and Robert Mathis (quadriceps); as well as left offensive tackle Charlie Johnson (foot) were listed as questionable, which means their playing status is 50-50. Each were reported as “did not participate” in practice the past two days. Also questionable is defensive tackle Eric Foster (back), who was a full-practice participant today.

Twenty Colts, including quarterback Peyton Manning (glute), were considered probable, which means a 75 percent likelihood that they will play.

from indystar.com

I don't know about you guys, but based on how they've been talking about "health being the number one priority" and "it worked pretty well for us in the past" (even though it didn't,) I don't trust 'em. I still think all the big names are on the bench by halftime, regardless of score.

No link, no sources, just my oversized gut making this call. Welcome to my bench, Mr. Addai.

62.72 Total points......and yes, I started all 3 :wacko: