[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top picks next year - an early guess

BeeR

Why is S. Jackson ranked in the top 10 every year when the Rams suck? Are they going to suck less next year? The only way Jackson is even considered here is if they go out and buy an offensive line.

Maybe because he's a top-ten fantasy back this year and the Rams can't possibly be worse next year? Seriously, I don't think it's possible. In our league he's 7th right now in scoring.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it'd be too far fetched for Ray Rice to go #1.

You are a Idiot if you think Ray Fu*@#$% Rice should go ahead of CJ, AP, or for that matter MJD.........A true IDIOT, Just a bit of advise.....You dont have to post anything if you don't have anything smart to say about the subject.

:wacko:

You are a Idiot if you think Ray Fu*@#$% Rice should go ahead of CJ, AP, or for that matter MJD.........A true IDIOT, Just a bit of advise.....You dont have to post anything if you don't have anything smart to say about the subject.

Tell us how you really fell...don't hold back...don't surgar coat it.

Why is S. Jackson ranked in the top 10 every year when the Rams suck? Are they going to suck less next year? The only way Jackson is even considered here is if they go out and buy an offensive line.

I have avoided Jackson EVERY year he's been in the league, but mostly due to injury thing, not the team sucking. There are good/great FF players on sucky teams all the time, and vice-versa.

But to answer the question, because he had ONE huge year and people keep chasing it, ignoring how he gets hurt so much (true this year has been good but he rarely scores).

Re Celek, I tend to avoid chasing guys who have had ONE good year. I like him fine, but suspect he will cost too much next year.

Re Celek, I tend to avoid chasing guys who have had ONE good year. I like him fine, but suspect he will cost too much next year.

I highly doubt it...in fact, he will be a bargain if most people are like you and value the normal "safe" picks as the top TEs.

You overpay for guys like Witten & Gonzo(I am sure he was drafted as the #1 TE by most this year), and get disappointed. Guys like Celek/Shiancoe are underpay scenarios. My guess is he is taken again in rounds 7-10 as a mid-to-low end TE1, and again performs as a top-5. The only way you overpay is if you draft him as a top-5 TE, which most people like you won't do.

He's not a top 5 WR, but if he continues having a good season, Robert Meachem will certainly vault up the draft board next year.

Top 5 is stretch for any WR in the Saints offense barring injury to Colston or Shockey. Or departure by Bush. They distribute the ball too well otherwise to produce a top 5 guy.

If the last two years have taught us anything, it's that the real value is in whoever is the Saints' 3rd WR.

Well, let me show you who the true IDIOT really is.... :D

Stats through week 14:

CJ = 42 recepts for 2017 AP yards; 13 TD's = 321 points = 24.7 PPG

AP = 36 recepts for 1519 AP yards; 14 TD's = 271 points = 20.8 PPG

MJD = 44 recepts for 1439 AP yards; 14 TD's = 271 points = 20.8 PPG

RR = 68 recepts for 1693 AP yards; 8 TD's = 285 points = 21.9 PPG

So based on this season, here's how they stack up..

CJ #1

RR #2

MJD #3

AP #4

Johnson will rightfully so deserve the #1 spot next season. I was making the point that Ray Rice should warrant some consideration though. MJD plays on a bad team, and I don't see anything drastic changing next season. AP on the other hand plays on a really good team, and even with Favre there slinging the ball around, teams are still stacking the box and letting Favre beat them and not Peterson. Rice is 2 years younger than the other 3 and plays on an improving offense.

So with that "dope man" maybe you should stick to the dope and lay off trying to be an ANALyst before opening your cokhole and spreading your vomit. Just a little bit of advise, do a little research next time before trying to get smart with others who aren't on the dope. :D

Well, let me show you who the true IDIOT really is.... :D

Stats through week 14:

CJ = 42 recepts for 2017 AP yards; 13 TD's = 321 points = 24.7 PPG

AP = 36 recepts for 1519 AP yards; 14 TD's = 271 points = 20.8 PPG

MJD = 44 recepts for 1439 AP yards; 14 TD's = 271 points = 20.8 PPG

RR = 68 recepts for 1693 AP yards; 8 TD's = 285 points = 21.9 PPG

So based on this season, here's how they stack up..

CJ #1

RR #2

MJD #3

AP #4

Johnson will rightfully so deserve the #1 spot next season. I was making the point that Ray Rice should warrant some consideration though. MJD plays on a bad team, and I don't see anything drastic changing next season. AP on the other hand plays on a really good team, and even with Favre there slinging the ball around, teams are still stacking the box and letting Favre beat them and not Peterson. Rice is 2 years younger than the other 3 and plays on an improving offense.

So with that "dope man" maybe you should stick to the dope and lay off trying to be an ANALyst before opening your cokhole and spreading your vomit. Just a little bit of advise, do a little research next time before trying to get smart with others who aren't on the dope. :wacko:

Hey big Man, In MFL RR is the 5th.....I said 5th ranked RB this year behind the 3 I mentioned and T. Jones.....I will always back up my work.....cockhole

Hey big Man, In MFL RR is the 5th.....I said 5th ranked RB this year behind the 3 I mentioned and T. Jones.....I will always back up my work.....cockhole

Back up your work with what??? I suppose if you did first grade work then I should have expected a first grade answer.

Unless you don't reward your RB's for ANY yardage or catches in the passing game, he's barely in the top 10. TJ is ranked behind 2 guys that are (or were) in a full on RBBC in J Addai and R Williams. I don't know what kind of goofy scoring you guys have in your league where RR is the 5th best RB. I just used some pretty standard scoring when figuring out those numbers. 1 point per reception, 1 pt per 10 yards (just combined the rush and rec yards) and 6 pt TDs.

Here's the season stats for Thomas Jones. 10 recepts for 1225 AP yards and 11TDs. That's a total of 198 points or 15.2 PPG or an average of more than 5 and a half points a game less than any of the previously mentioned RB's.

Back up your work with what??? I suppose if you did first grade work then I should have expected a first grade answer.

Unless you don't reward your RB's for ANY yardage or catches in the passing game, he's barely in the top 10. TJ is ranked behind 2 guys that are (or were) in a full on RBBC in J Addai and R Williams. I don't know what kind of goofy scoring you guys have in your league where RR is the 5th best RB. I just used some pretty standard scoring when figuring out those numbers. 1 point per reception, 1 pt per 10 yards (just combined the rush and rec yards) and 6 pt TDs.

Here's the season stats for Thomas Jones. 10 recepts for 1225 AP yards and 11TDs. That's a total of 198 points or 15.2 PPG or an average of more than 5 and a half points a game less than any of the previously mentioned RB's.

We don't give points for each catch(I think that is stupid if they can not do anything with it) we give points for every 20yards and a bonus to break 100. We weigh heavier on TDs and the distance of the TD. T jones has 11 tds and has broken 100 yards 5 times and 200 yards once......how is he so low in your league????

dude...you seem to be a tool. Hopefully the mods put you in your place.

Man, I was just letting him know what it looked like in my league, only because he called me out, I am not mad....thats what people do on here is get their point across and talk trash about it......its cool man.....really :wacko:

Man, I was just letting him know what it looked like in my league, only because he called me out, I am not mad....thats what people do on here is get their point across and talk trash about it......its cool man.....really :wacko:

Ok. I thought the "cock hole" thing went a little too far.

Not the #1 overall by any means, but I think a #1 fantasy back for sure next year is Jamaal Charles.

Do you mean he's got the most value? Right now, Charles has a nice run going for him against some of the worse rushing defenses in the league. That's good because it means he's getting what is expected against those teams. Against a better rushing D like the Broncos, he averaged 3.1 yards per carry. The numbers below are very encouraging. I'm thinking that he'll be a third to fourth round pick. I'd have to review a whole list, but he could even move up to a late second.

I'm worried that if Haley gets the passing game going, then the running game will come second with his offense design. What Charles has going for him is that he catches the ball. Not sure if Charles will have the longevity, but next season will tell us a lot. Definitely worth a keeper spot for next year and picking up.

Week 10 vs. Raiders - 18 att for 103 yds, 4 rec for 14 yards

Week 11 vs. Steelers - 15 att for 58 yds, 2 rec for 8 yards

Week 12 vs. Chargers - 14 att for 93 yds, 3 rec for 54 yds

Week 13 vs. Broncos- 18 att for 56 yds, 1 rec for 3 yds

Week 14 vs. Bills - 20 att for 143 yds, 7 rec for 38 yds

Maybe because he's a top-ten fantasy back this year and the Rams can't possibly be worse next year? Seriously, I don't think it's possible. In our league he's 7th right now in scoring.

SJAX is also the number two rusher in the NFL right now behind Chris Johnson. Yeah, they don't have an offensive line, so what he's doing is great.

Edited by electricrelish

We don't give points for each catch(I think that is stupid if they can not do anything with it) we give points for every 20yards and a bonus to break 100. We weigh heavier on TDs and the distance of the TD. T jones has 11 tds and has broken 100 yards 5 times and 200 yards once......how is he so low in your league????

Well in that case, I can see your point. But you have to consider that a majority of leagues out there don't go this far in depth with scoring. How the hell would someone ever be able to make an accurate preseason draft sheet based on these scoring parameters?

If you ask me, it's pretty standard in a majority of leagues to give 6 pts per TD, no bonus points for the length of the TD or anything like that. And PPR leagues aren't standard, but they're becoming more and more common each year. Maybe it was a lack of explaination on my original post when I said RR warrants consideration, but he does - especially in PPR leagues. McGahee has 9 rushing TD's and I know 7 of them came inside the redzone within the first few games of the season. If Rice didn't have that scavenger hoarding all the goal line carries he would more than likely be the top "fantasy" RB this season. With that, I'd be pretty happy to get Rice anywhere in the top 3 next season.

And for whatever it's worth, I didn't call YOU a cockhole - I said you opened your cockhole and spewed vomit. :wacko: