[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nate Burleson is in a walking boot

electricrelish

From cbs.sportsline.com - Seahawks WR Nate Burleson is in a walking boot after being diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain following his team's loss at Houston last week. Burleson is not expected to play against the Buccaneers on Sunday as a high-ankle sprain typically takes at least two weeks to heal. Deon Butler and Deion Branch are expected to split Burleson's reps, with Butler the wideout with more upside.

From profootball talk - Nate Burelson could miss the rest of the season

Nate Burleson's best season as a Seahawk isn't ending well.

Seattle's leading receiver revealed Tuesday on KJR (950 AM) that he suffered a high ankle sprain during Sunday's loss to the Texans. Burleson in a walking boot and it's unclear if he'll be able to return this season.

A high ankle sprain can keep a player out anywhere from 2-6 weeks depending on the severity.

Acquired in 2006 as a restricted free agent when Vikings/Seahawks poison pills were all the rage, Burleson has mostly been a disappointment. He missed nearly all of 2008 with a torn ACL and combined for only 886 receiving yards in 2006-2007.

Burleson was on pace to top 1,000 yards this season for the first time since he broke on the scene as Randy Moss' sidekick in Minnesota. He's due $3.25 million next season, but the salary is voidable.

Edited by electricrelish

But they are not starters

Yes, I guess he could get a bump, but TJ is more of a possession guy, whereas Burleson was more of a speedster guy. So I'm thinking Butler will fill that role, but most likely Hasslebeck is going to be more comfortable with TJ. Hard to say cause Hasselbeck does spread the ball around. I think TJ is a good play this week, especially in PPR.

Housh probably gets a little bump. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Butler makes a big play this week. He is in a similar situation as DJ Hackett was some years back. Matt likes to "test" the new guys. DJ Hackett's first start, he had like 11 targets in the first half. Carlson got tested early and often last year. When Butler came into the game last week when Burleson went down, Matt immediately threw at him three plays in a row. I see at least 7-8 targets for Butler, and more if he starts hot. I think they'll hit a big play as well. I'm actually considering starting Butler over Jennings in my playoff matchup this week.

Seattle has been a disappointment from a fantasy perspective..... I drafted Housh, picked up Burleson and can honestly say I have been frustrated all year with both.....

Burleson actually didn't start off too badly. It just slowly seemed to erode. Not sure why, but agreed, a very frustrating past couple months with the guy.

I had a great year despite not having a good #2 RB and starting 4 WR instead of 3 WR: Moss, Burleson, Driver, and Bowe. ...then it all just went to hell. Frustrating.