[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coaches that should be fired at year's end

dope man

Down here in North Carolina I know that most fans would love to see Fox go and the rumors are that Bill Cowher could step in......I would love to see that happen. Any other coaches that are on the hot seat????

That's too bad for Fox. I always liked him. Was a great assistant with the Giants and had hoped he would go to the Jets (but they hired idiot Herm Edwards instead). The big mistake Fox made is Delhomme. That killed him and his team.

As for other coach firings, these 4 come to mind immediately:

Mangini (even though it is his only 1st year. in Cleveland, he is the major suck)

Zorn (not all his fault, but he is done)

Wade Phillips (a farce of a HC. He's gone. And you can nail that to the church door!)

Gary Kubiak (just an awful HC... awful. Blame the underachievement of the Texans squarely on him)

oh... and don't forget Oakland, The current hit-man/thug they have as a HC should be removed within a nanosecond of the season's end. But it really doesn't matter there because of the demented team ownership.

Edited by Dcat

That's too bad for Fox. I always liked him. Was a great assistant with the Giants and had hoped he would go to the Jets (but they hired idiot Herm Edwards instead). The big mistake Fox made is Delhomme. That killed him and his team.

As for other coach firings, these 4 come to mind immediately:

Mangini (even though it is his only 1st year. in Cleveland, he is the major suck)

Zorn (not all his fault, but he is done)

Wade Phillips (a farce of a HC. He's gone. And you can nail that to the church door!)

Gary Kubiak (just an awful HC... awful. Blame the underachievement of the Texans squarely on him)

oh... and don't forget Oakland, The current hit-man/thug they have as a HC should be removed within a nanosecond of the season's end. But it really doesn't matter there because of the demented team ownership.

i'm thinking Mangini is safe ,, Zorn gone

Oakland ,, the problem there is who wants to coach there ??

i'm thinking Mangini is safe ,, Zorn gone

Oakland ,, the problem there is who wants to coach there ??

I agree with all that....I do think Richardson will fire Foxy in Carolina and Hearney(GM) It will cost the big cat 6 mil. but that is the cost of doing business..... :wacko:

My picks:

Likely

Eric Mangini, Wade Phillips, Gary Kubiak, Jim Zorn, Perry Fewell

Possibly

John Fox, Tom Cable

Doubtful, but wouldn't surprise me

Lovie Smith, Jeff Fisher

Honorable Mention - guys who would probably be fired had it not been their first year.

Steve Spagnuolo, Raheem Morris

My picks:

Likely

Eric Mangini, Wade Phillips, Gary Kubiak, Jim Zorn, Perry Fewell

Possibly

John Fox, Tom Cable

Doubtful, but wouldn't surprise me

Lovie Smith, Jeff Fisher

Honorable Mention - guys who would probably be fired had it not been their first year.

Steve Spagnuolo, Raheem Morris

Did not think of fisher, he did hang on to Collins to long...

Mangini and Kubiak were the first two I thought of. I like Kubiak as an OC, just isn't getting what he should out of that team. And Mangini is just plain clueless how to be a head coach.

True but he is liked by the players and was thrown into a mess ,, what is the chance that he stays on as an assistant ? if they bring in someone else.

We seen it happen in San Fran a couple years ago

True but he is liked by the players :wacko::D:D and was thrown into a mess ,, what is the chance that he stays on as an assistant ? if they bring in someone else.

We seen it happen in San Fran a couple years ago

His players on the Jets despised him. Why would that be any different in Cleveland? He is an ineffective wanna-be disciplanarian who fines players for ridiculous things. He is non communicative and generally closed-door unapproachable. In all my years of following the jets and the NFL, I can think of few HCs who was despised as much by their players as Eric Mangini.

With a new GM coming in, Mora might be gone as well. I would put the chances at being very, very low since it is his first year, but it has become glaringly obvious that this team doesn't perform for him. He has been at a loss for words for ten weeks now. Good/great coaches know what to say and when to say it, and this guy is just lost. He spent the whole game Sunday shaking his head. Not yelling, not talking to players, just standing there by himself shaking his head. The guy is lost. He'll probably be back, but won't make it past next season.

His players on the Jets despised him. Why would that be any different in Cleveland? He is an ineffective wanna-be disciplanarian who fines players for ridiculous things. He is non communicative and generally closed-door unapproachable. In all my years of following the jets and the NFL, I can think of few HCs who was despised as much by their players as Eric Mangini.

Wait a minute ,, they loved him in NY until game 11

Wait a minute ,, they loved him in NY until game 11

what? No. They didn't. He was a horse's ass from his first day on the job. He made Pete Kendall dorm with the rookies because of a contract dispute. Mangini is one major leagur azzhole and his players despised him from day 1.

I hope Butt Adams is stupid enough to fire Fischer, who is easily one of the best coaches in the league.

Fox blows and should go. So should Smith. Zorn shouldn't, he's hardly had a chance and has squat to work with. Most of the others on sucky teams just got there so it's stupid to keep switching in a quick-fix way.

PS: amazing how few people are calling for Childress' head now. Amazing what a good QB can do to "make a coach better"

Edited by BeeR

PS: amazing how few people are calling for Childress' head now. Amazing what a good QB can do to "make a coach better"

Ahh, he was 10-6 with Garbage QB's and much tougher schedule last year. Maybe coaching has more to do with it? Yeah it's nice having Favre back there, but sometimes coaches can't win with good QB's either. BTW - Favre is having one of his best years...does coaching have anything to do with it?

Edited by Outshined

I hope Butt Adams is stupid enough to fire Fischer, who is easily one of the best coaches in the league.
How do you define "one of the best coaches"? As I posted questioning an almost identical comment in a previous thread, based solely on his career record, he's average with a 133-109 (.550) record. Of active coaches, that's the 15th best record. If you want to look at veteran coaches, say with 4+ seasons, he's 8th of 16. 10 of 16 seasons has been .500 or worse record and also below .500 in the post season at 6-5 with no superbowl wins (but one appearance).

I see the bills holding onto their interim coach if Shanahan does not want to coach there.

Fired:

Fox

Zorn

Del Rio (if they don't make the playoffs)

Phillips

Jim Mora Jr.

Kubiak

Garrett becomes the new head coach of Dallas

Del Rio takes over for Seattle

Cowher takes over in Carolina

Shanahan goes to Washington

Sean McDermott to Jacksonville

Winston Moss to Houston

Thats just my b.s predictions. Bored.

Edited by FantasyFB