[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok DMD, Forsett over DeAngelo Williams and Addai?

CaptainHook

I understand the match-up, but Forsett, a back-up, at S2 over Williams S3 and Addai S3? Really?

I believe John Tuvey handles the S/B-L.

FWIW, several other "expert" outlets have Forsett ranked over Addai and Williams too.

The Bucs are downright despicable against the run and both Julius Jones and Justin Forsett could have pretty big outings. Figure in the PPR upside for Forsett and sure, I can see how you could get to 15+ points for Forsett.

The term "back-up" might be a bit harsh for Forsett, especially in the RBBC landscape we all know and love.

To wit, Williams could be considered in a RBBC himself, faces an incredibly stout rush D, and is only a week or two off a debilitating ankle injury.

Can't really offer much on Addai, I have him as a near must-start this week.

FWIW, several other "expert" outlets have Forsett ranked over Addai and Williams too.

The Bucs are downright despicable against the run and both Julius Jones and Justin Forsett could have pretty big outings. Figure in the PPR upside for Forsett and sure, I can see how you could get to 15+ points for Forsett.

The term "back-up" might be a bit harsh for Forsett, especially in the RBBC landscape we all know and love.

To wit, Williams could be considered in a RBBC himself, faces an incredibly stout rush D, and is only a week or two off a debilitating ankle injury.

My concern would be the Goal Line carries which i have to believe still go to Julius Jones , no ?

My concern would be the Goal Line carries which i have to believe still go to Julius Jones , no ?

:wacko: How many true "goal line carries" does one team get in a game? Especially in an offense like Seattle's? I think Forsett's PPR capabilities probably offsets whatever increased worth Jones would have in this regard.

Forsett has been as effective as JJ at punching it in from short yardage

the funniest chit in start/bench is Tuvey has 1 WR as S1 :wacko: whatever

some great matchups for WR this week IMO

match-ups are huge these days IMO, the deciding factor for me at least on a lot of tough start/bench decisions.

How many RB's are truly 3 down backs with minimal time share anymore? Very few. So as for touches I can easily see Forsett getting as many as either of these 2 given the circumstances, and he has a GREAT match-up at home.

Dwill is up against possibly the best rush D in the league, Carolina flat sucks and should be down big meaning less running opportunities in the 2nd half, AND Stewart is always around to vulture TD's and steal carries.

As for Addai, while he may start does anyone think we won't see a heavier than normal rotation with Hart & Simpson- I could easily see a pretty even 3 way split in fact with Addai sitting out most of the 2nd half.

I personally agree that Forsett is the better play this week.

FWIW I am playing Forsett, Arain Foster, & Beanie Wells this week over Mendenhall and Addai. Could blow up in my face, but I'm trying to maximize upside and minimize complete shut down mainly based on match-up. Green Bay has pretty much shut down Gore, Kevin Smith, Rice, and Forte over the past 4 games, so no way I am risking starting Mendy.

match-ups are huge these days IMO, the deciding factor for me at least on a lot of tough start/bench decisions.

How many RB's are truly 3 down backs with minimal time share anymore? Very few. So as for touches I can easily see Forsett getting as many as either of these 2 given the circumstances, and he has a GREAT match-up at home.

Dwill is up against possibly the best rush D in the league, Carolina flat sucks and should be down big meaning less running opportunities in the 2nd half, AND Stewart is always around to vulture TD's and steal carries.

As for Addai, while he may start does anyone think we won't see a heavier than normal rotation with Hart & Simpson- I could easily see a pretty even 3 way split in fact with Addai sitting out most of the 2nd half.

I personally agree that Forsett is the better play this week.

FWIW I am playing Forsett, Arain Foster, & Beanie Wells this week over Mendenhall and Addai. Could blow up in my face, but I'm trying to maximize upside and minimize complete shut down mainly based on match-up. Green Bay has pretty much shut down Gore, Kevin Smith, Rice, and Forte over the past 4 games, so no way I am risking starting Mendy.

Good post, and I hearken back to the year I won a league championship with Clinton Portis and Skip Hicks as my RBs, as they were the hottest options at the time... and were by no means "studs" to start the season or even at mid-season.

I'm also playing Arian Foster and Justin Forsett this week over guys like LT, Jason Snelling, etc. - Against the Rams, you have to expect the potential for garbage time production to be high in the second half of that game, and it sounds like they have plans for Foster to see a decent amount of work regardless of whether or not it is a blowout.

I also started Quinton Gaither last week over LT, Snelling, etc. and that decision was the difference between me winning and moving on in the playoffs or being out. Matchups are king with RBs unless you have a no brainer stud.

Seattle has been a true jeckyll and hyde team: loousy (as in ReaLLY BAD) on the road and solid at home. If they feed him the rock I don't see why he doesn't put up a nice score THIS week. Remember last time this happened he was the #1 back for the week. Has Addai done that this year? :wacko:

I am agonizing over my RB situation, still with Addai in the starting lineup at the moment. Other two choices are Jennings of Cleveland and Foster of Houston. My instincts tell me that with Brown still out, and the Colts with a short week this week, that they will play all out tonight, and try to run the ball at least as much as usual. Addai has been very good, and scoring plenty of touchdowns, and even receiving the ball some. I just don't think I'll try to outthink this and sit a good solid scoring back, and hope for something better from two secondary (at best) backs even with very good matchups. Add in the Kubiak factor, and Brady Quinn looking better of late, and I think I just reaffirmed my initial instict.

Hey, thanks for listening... :wacko:

I am agonizing over my RB situation, still with Addai in the starting lineup at the moment. Other two choices are Jennings of Cleveland and Foster of Houston. My instincts tell me that with Brown still out, and the Colts with a short week this week, that they will play all out tonight, and try to run the ball at least as much as usual. Addai has been very good, and scoring plenty of touchdowns, and even receiving the ball some. I just don't think I'll try to outthink this and sit a good solid scoring back, and hope for something better from two secondary (at best) backs even with very good matchups. Add in the Kubiak factor, and Brady Quinn looking better of late, and I think I just reaffirmed my initial instict.

Hey, thanks for listening... :D

No Problem anytime friend...... :wacko:

Since Julius Jones returned from injury, Forsett has carried the ball 14 times for 35 yards and had 6 catches for 72 yards COMBINED in two games. Those aren't back-up numbers? In that same time frame, Julius Jones has had 30 carries for 109 yards, and 6 catches.

Yeah, but isn't Stewart injured? His toe is flaring up again. I know it's the Vikings, but Cedric Benson had 96 yards on them last week . . . If Stewart misses the game, DWill is a great play, isn't he?

I don't trust the Colts to play him the full game. I just don't.

Edited by CaptainHook

I gotta pick one of the three and it's killing me!!!!!!

I've got to pick Forsett or Addai.

I think Addai is the safer play and the one least likely to make me feel like a fool. He has only had single digit fantasy points twice this year. And Addai is 8th overall in RB scoring in my league.

Forsett has great upside but I could just as easily see a 20 rushing and 35 receiving day.

My team is pretty stacked, so I am leaning towards going conservative and starting Addai.

-Heroes

I gotta pick one of the three and it's killing me!!!!!!

forget about Addai-too much risk.

That leaves Forsett as we've discussed, and Dwill- roll with Deangelo- he is explosive no doubt and probably has the best chance of blowing up (in a good way) with a few long runs, and if you start Williams and lose because of it at least you can live with yourself for playing your stud, it'd be worse if you benched him and he went off.

forget about Addai-too much risk.

What have you seen the last two weeks that makes you think Forsett isn't a bigger risk than Addai? Outside of 1 TD, he's had a combined total of 8 fantasy points the past two weeks.

I want to believe that Forsett can make some noise, I'm just not sure the coach is committed to giving him a real chance.

While it might be risky, I personally think it's safe to roll with Addai tonight. A good solid half of him running the ball with a touchdown seems to be safer to me than hoping the Browns run the ball effectively, or Kubiak can be counted on anything that makes sense from the RB position. But, that's my choices, others are a little different.

Next week? I think Addai will get less time, but I think this game will be competitive, fairly close, and the starters will perform well.

And, we'll see... :wacko:

I'm also playing Arian Foster and Justin Forsett this week over guys like LT, Jason Snelling, etc. - Against the Rams, you have to expect the potential for garbage time production to be high in the second half of that game, and it sounds like they have plans for Foster to see a decent amount of work regardless of whether or not it is a blowout.

I also started Quinton Gaither last week over LT, Snelling, etc. and that decision was the difference between me winning and moving on in the playoffs or being out. Matchups are king with RBs unless you have a no brainer stud.

Me too, in my buddy league for decent coin, I have those two as my starting 2 RBs. I also just had Manning and Clark blow up, things are starting well for me! I do expect big things for those 2 - my RBs are weak in that league, other options I'm benching are: McGahee, Bradshaw, Julius Jones.