[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone starting Kevin Walter this week?

Blumpkins

In light of Andre Johnson's stellar performance against the Seamen, my thought process is that AJ will be getting a lot of attention leaving Kevin Walter open. Not too mention they're playing the lowly Rams.

My other WR's are Garcon, Meachem, and Steve "Panther" Smith.

In light of Andre Johnson's stellar performance against the Seamen, my thought process is that AJ will be getting a lot of attention leaving Kevin Walter open. Not too mention they're playing the lowly Rams.

My other WR's are Garcon, Meachem, and Steve "Panther" Smith.

You are suggesting that prior to last week, defense were ignoring AJ?

To give you an idea of what I think of Kevin Walter, I just picked up Josh Cribbs in one league to play at flex if Brent Celek ends up sitting out this weekend, and I have Walter on my bench. I'd rather take Cribbs' upside against KC out of the Wildcat instead of the guaranteed let down from Walter.

I dont think he should even be on rosters anymore. he is not a good fantasy WR. Im sure there are better options on the waiver wire. Every week i see threads "with Owen Daniels out" or "Andre getting attention" but he has had what 1 good game and its week 15.

Heres a good read I read today on Walters and I agree with every word.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/FantasySo...w_kevin_walter_

Prior to the '09 baseball season, fantasy owners had an unhealthy obsession with Texas' Chris Davis. He seemed like everyone's pick to have a breakout season, maybe even smash 40 homers. He seemed to be going a few spots higher in drafts every day as the season inched closer. He struggled early, but fantasy owners wouldn't give up on him. Then he really struggled...and fantasy owners still wouldn't give up on him. Even after he was sent to the minors with a .202 batting average in July, we still got questions about whether he should be kept on rosters.

I tell you this story because Kevin Walter is the fantasy football equivalent of Chris Davis.

It's now Week 15, and we're still getting questions about whether to start Walter (and since he's playing St. Louis this week, you can bet they'll keep rolling in). Why is this guy still on active rosters?

He's had one good game all season, and it came back in Week 3 (7-96, TD). It's the only time he's scored, and it's the only time he's had more than 73 yards in a game.

Walter was a popular sleeper candidate before the season, and when Owen Daniels was lost for the year back in Week 8, many assumed Walter would get more targets. That wasn't the case, though, and we're now five games removed from that notion. In that span, Walter has faced three of the worst pass defenses in the league (TEN, SEA and JAC) and a Colts team that was starting rookie CBs (twice) -- and he's gained a total of 257 yards.

Based on the e-mails we've been getting, guys like Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Roy Williams and Jerricho Cotchery -- all far more accomplished that Walter -- seem to be on shorter leashes with their owners. But for some reason, Walter is bulletproof. Yes, Houston has the No. 3 passing offense in the NFL, but Walter simply isn't a big part of that this year. His next two games against STL and MIA might look good on paper, but, as stated above, he's seen better matchups and done virtually nothing in them.

Blame his poor production on the hamstring injury that cost him games in Weeks 1 and 2; blame it on something else. Whatever the case, there's no need to have him on your roster at this point in the season.

I dont think he should even be on rosters anymore. he is not a good fantasy WR. Im sure there are better options on the waiver wire. Every week i see threads "with Owen Daniels out" or "Andre getting attention" but he has had what 1 good game and its week 15.

Heres a good read I read today on Walters and I agree with every word.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/FantasySo...w_kevin_walter_

Prior to the '09 baseball season, fantasy owners had an unhealthy obsession with Texas' Chris Davis. He seemed like everyone's pick to have a breakout season, maybe even smash 40 homers. He seemed to be going a few spots higher in drafts every day as the season inched closer. He struggled early, but fantasy owners wouldn't give up on him. Then he really struggled...and fantasy owners still wouldn't give up on him. Even after he was sent to the minors with a .202 batting average in July, we still got questions about whether he should be kept on rosters.

I tell you this story because Kevin Walter is the fantasy football equivalent of Chris Davis.

It's now Week 15, and we're still getting questions about whether to start Walter (and since he's playing St. Louis this week, you can bet they'll keep rolling in). Why is this guy still on active rosters?

He's had one good game all season, and it came back in Week 3 (7-96, TD). It's the only time he's scored, and it's the only time he's had more than 73 yards in a game.

Walter was a popular sleeper candidate before the season, and when Owen Daniels was lost for the year back in Week 8, many assumed Walter would get more targets. That wasn't the case, though, and we're now five games removed from that notion. In that span, Walter has faced three of the worst pass defenses in the league (TEN, SEA and JAC) and a Colts team that was starting rookie CBs (twice) -- and he's gained a total of 257 yards.

Based on the e-mails we've been getting, guys like Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Roy Williams and Jerricho Cotchery -- all far more accomplished that Walter -- seem to be on shorter leashes with their owners. But for some reason, Walter is bulletproof. Yes, Houston has the No. 3 passing offense in the NFL, but Walter simply isn't a big part of that this year. His next two games against STL and MIA might look good on paper, but, as stated above, he's seen better matchups and done virtually nothing in them.

Blame his poor production on the hamstring injury that cost him games in Weeks 1 and 2; blame it on something else. Whatever the case, there's no need to have him on your roster at this point in the season.

I'm glad someone started a thread on this guy because he was one of my sleepers coming into the season. One thing about Walter though is he scored 8 td's last year. I still don't understand what's happened to him this year, if it's the injury or what. Schaub's yards and td's have gone up, Daniels is out, i just don't quite understand why he has been so unproductive. My waiver wire is pretty bare so i may have to go with him again this week on a prayer and b/c they are playing st. louis, but i am starting to think i should take my prayer to someone else.