[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson out with flu Friday

i_am_the_swammi

As was posted in another thread, the Rams closed their practice facility on Thursday die to an outbrek of the swine flu. Then comes news per KFFL that SJax missed today's practice due to flu-like symptoms.

With his ailing back...and now this....is anyone else worried that he may not be at full strength Sunday? Bad time to get the flu....doesn't he know I am counting on him???

I would think the Rams want the first pick in the draft. Good excuse to sit him? :wacko:

I have a feeling he'll still play. Even though the team is trash, S-Jax can hit a few incentives in his contract (Pro Bowl, Total yards from scrimmage, games played). I read an article on rotoworld I believe not too long ago about this.

Edited by malta69

Spags doesn't appear to give a crap about that draft pick, we're going to get a high one regardless. I think he'd love to end this season with a win or two to go in to the offseason with a better taste in everyone's mouth and to alleviate some of the fears by some fans here that we may have hired the wrong guy. So if Jackson is even marginally healthy, I think he'll continue to play him.

That said, I don't think they have another win in them this season. The only chance is if SF is knocked out of the playoffs and has a real let-down against us in week 17. There were lots of guys either held out or limited in practice today, and the team publicly says all of them should be able to play Sunday.

As was posted in another thread, the Rams closed their practice facility on Thursday die to an outbrek of the swine flu. Then comes news per KFFL that SJax missed today's practice due to flu-like symptoms.

With his ailing back...and now this....is anyone else worried that he may not be at full strength Sunday? Bad time to get the flu....doesn't he know I am counting on him???

I was thinking about starting Wells over him. Saw this earlier and it seals the deal for me.

Of course that means you can start Jackson..he'll go off. :wacko:

.......not to mention losing both starting tackles.

FWIW, i'm thinking of sitting him in favor of Maroney.

that being said it would'nt surprise me to see him play (he's a beast)...i just don't know how productive he can be.

his injury, the teams injury, little incentive. he says he's tired and i believe him. -physically, but more important MENTALLY.

i could see numbers just slightly better than last week. :wacko: