[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The enigma that is Jay Cutler

MTSuper7

Wow. Looks like the Broncos are headed for a top ten pick in April. Couldn't even manage 100 yards on 27 attempts. In a couple years I wonder if we'll be comparing this trade to the Herschel Walker trade... He has become this generation's Jeff George (or at least is well on his way).

Maybe i am on oversensitive Bears fan but your comments border on ridonkulous. Plus, it's easy to repeat what you hear on TV.

I'm a Bears fan and there's nothing sensitive about me. Cutler sucks balls in his current role. Period. The only way he's ever going to be an asset is to play to his strengths, which are rolling out and the long ball. For that we need better receivers than a converted PR and a couple rooks.

Wow. Looks like the Broncos are headed for a top ten pick in April. Couldn't even manage 100 yards on 27 attempts. In a couple years I wonder if we'll be comparing this trade to the Herschel Walker trade... He has become this generation's Jeff George (or at least is well on his way).

:wacko:

It wasn't even as bad as wasting 1st ronuders on Charles Rogers, Mike Williams and Joey Harrington. :D

I'm a Bears fan and there's nothing sensitive about me. Cutler sucks balls in his current role. Period. The only way he's ever going to be an asset is to play to his strengths, which are rolling out and the long ball. For that we need better receivers than a converted PR and a couple rooks.

In other words, Brandon Marshall would have been a nice trade when he was in the dog house.

I would completely agree with your statement. Many issues on the Bears team right now.

I've watched the Bears several times. Cutler looks like the same guy from two years ago. Big arm, but clueless on how to play the position. The turnovers are astounding.

Not everyone is Peyton Manning Proficient. He clearly needs better support, both from his teammates and (especially) the coaching.

Well, he didn't suddenly forget how to play football, the Bears did. The OL went under in the offseason, much to many people's surprise.

:wacko:

I suspect most were not very surprised.

CHI does seem to be this weird black hole for QBs though.

Edited by BeeR

C'mon man. He's thrown 25 picks and fumbled 8 times. You can't tell me it's not MOSTLY his fault.

Look at one of those 5 pick games. I don't remember the opponent, but I recall Hester falling on his face, and borderline PI non-call (not bitching) and a blown route accounting for 3 of those in that game alone.

ISMHO, he's trying to do TOO much which is leading to these problems. That, coupled with unfamiliarity with his first year on the team and crap playcalling and blocking that has him running for his life.

Look, they'll likely can Ron Turner and find someone more attuned to his strengths. If he still sucks THEN maybe you can say a Pro Bowl QB suddenly became a chit house but to say so now is simply being impatient and judgemental.

And FWIW, I didn't think the Bears would have a great year anyways, I put 100 on them to NOT win 9, which was their Vegas over/under back in August.

Edited by Pope Flick

Well, he didn't suddenly forget how to play football, the Bears did. The OL went under in the offseason, much to many people's surprise.

Well, assuming that Cutler reverts back to his prior form, Chicago's cup still isn't is overfilled with early draft picks to fill their numerous holes.

He was turning the ball over a ton last year too. Brandon Marshall can make anyone look good.

Not everyone is Peyton Manning Proficient. He clearly needs better support, both from his teammates and (especially) the coaching.

Not looking for Peyton Manning proficient. Maybe Jason Campbell proficient would be nice.

Well, assuming that Cutler reverts back to his prior form, Chicago's cup still isn't is overfilled with early draft picks to fill their numerous holes.

True. And although I'm unclear as to the FA list for this offseason one (at least me) would like to think that means more $ for available players.

We will see.