[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The enigma that is Jay Cutler

MTSuper7

Look at one of those 5 pick games. I don't remember the opponent, but I recall Hester falling on his face, and borderline PI non-call (not bitching) and a blown route accounting for 3 of those in that game alone.

ISMHO, he's trying to do TOO much which is leading to these problems. That, coupled with unfamiliarity with his first year on the team and crap playcalling and blocking that has him running for his life.

Look, they'll likely can Ron Turner and find someone more attuned to his strengths. If he still sucks THEN maybe you can say a Pro Bowl QB suddenly became a chit house but to say so now is simply being impatient and judgemental.

And FWIW, I didn't think the Bears would have a great year anyways, I put 100 on them to NOT win 9, which was their Vegas over/under back in August.

I think he is expecting and use to more talent....

And FWIW, I didn't think the Bears would have a great year anyways, I put 100 on them to NOT win 9, which was their Vegas over/under back in August.

That's pretty astute of you because I thought they'd win 10 at least and take the Vikings close. It's not just Cutler that sucks balls on this team, though he certainly does. There is no way 33 turnovers in 14 games are caused entirely by external factors.

Forte is useless (see him bounce off the first defender every time today?), Hester will never be more than a low end #2 and the OL has fallen to bits. Only Olsen and Gould are worth anything offensively.

Edit: And Knox, potentially.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

True. And although I'm unclear as to the FA list for this offseason one (at least me) would like to think that means more $ for available players.

We will see.

Not sure free agency is the optimum method to build a better future. Granted, I'm a bit jaded as a Seahawk fan. Their current state is a result of spending money on free agents while drafting role players later in the draft.

Edited by bushwacked

That's pretty astute of you because I thought they'd win 10 at least and take the Vikings close. It's not just Cutler that sucks balls on this team, though he certainly does. There is no way 33 turnovers in 14 games are caused entirely by external factors.

Forte is useless (see him bounce off the first defender every time today?), Hester will never be more than a low end #2 and the OL has fallen to bits. Only Olsen and Gould are worth anything offensively.

Edit: And Knox, potentially.

Let's not forget, Knox was part of the deal and selected with the pick Denver sent over. I mistakenly thought Pace would have one ok, no great but only ok, year left in him and it wasn't even that. The Williams pick from a year ago is turning into a bust, and a 2nd rounder for Gaines Adams should have Angelo's head on a platter next to Lovie's AFAIC.

Let's not forget, Knox was part of the deal and selected with the pick Denver sent over. I mistakenly thought Pace would have one ok, no great but only ok, year left in him and it wasn't even that. The Williams pick from a year ago is turning into a bust, and a 2nd rounder for Gaines Adams should have Angelo's head on a platter next to Lovie's AFAIC.

Let's hope so!!!!!

:D Doesn't change my point: his Herschel Walker hyperbole is way off the mark and indicative of someone fishing or not knowing what they're talking about.

I should have clarified that the Cutler trade would obviously be on a smaller scale but that the Cutler trade might enter the conversation of "blockbuster trades that turned out to be real lopsided when the dust settled". Well, maybe we'd call it something slightly different, but you get my drift... :wacko:

Edited by MTSuper7

I should have clarified that the Cutler trade would obviously be on a smaller scale but that the Cutler trade might enter the conversation of "blockbuster trades that turned out to be real lopsided when the dust settled". Well, maybe we'd call it something slightly different, but you get my drift... :wacko:

Ok, but that's like saying our victory on the Island of Grenada is a smaller version of our victory in WW2.

Nobody is missing him here in Denver. He has a bad attitude. Its hilarious to hear the jokes about Cutler at the Sports Bars on Sunday. He truly is overated. Ive watched him from game one. I was one of the few that was mad they ran Jake The Snake outta town to start this guy. Have fun with him Chicago.

Your kidding me right? Jake was absolutely awful when he was replaced. He had completely fallen apart which is why he didn't play in the NFL anymore once Denver let him go. A bad Cutler as a rookie was much better than Jake when he left.

Nobody is missing him here in Denver. He has a bad attitude. Its hilarious to hear the jokes about Cutler at the Sports Bars on Sunday. He truly is overated. Ive watched him from game one. I was one of the few that was mad they ran Jake The Snake outta town to start this guy. Have fun with him Chicago.

What were some of the jokes?

What were some of the jokes?

What is the difference between Jay Cutler and a block of wood ?

A block of wood didnt score negative points in a fantasy game last weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Can we pile on him each week next year? I like this NFC Offensive Player of the Week thing...
Brees and Favre's trophy shelves where getting full. And the powers that be weren't quite ready to stroke Romo's ego even more. That will be for this week's games.